HP Deskjet 3700 Printer
- Easy print, scan and copy functions.
- Swift mobile printing.
- Small and compact size.
- Ink cartridge efficiency.
- Can be connected to a wireless network.
- Can be used with multiple operating systems.
- Can print on several paper types.
First time Printer Setup
If you have just received your HP Deskjet 3700 Printer, there are a set of things you need to do to setup the printer in order to use it. The setting up process involves both physical and technical processes. If you have the right set of instructions and guidance, it is quite easy to setup your printer. Check out the list of instructions compiled below and you should be able to setup your printer easily. After you setup the physical connections on the printer, you will need to setup your printer technically in order to start using it. All the details and the links you need have been provided below.
- Step 1: Take the printer out of the carton box it came in. Check if the accessories of the printer have been supplied with it. Check for the power cable and the software CD.
- Step 2: Keep the printer on a flat surface, preferably a table and peel off the protective tape from the surface of the printer.
- Step 3: After peeling off the tape from the surface, open the scanner glass and remove the tape from there too.
- Step 4: After removing all the protective packaging from the printer, plug in the power cable of the printer to the rear of the printer and an electrical socket.
- Step 5: Switch on the 123.hp.com/dj3700 printer by pressing the Power button on the control panel. Since this is the first time you are setting up the printer, you should update the date and language.
- Step 6: Check the printer box for a set of cartridges. Open the cartridge access door of the printer and slide the cartridges into place.
- Step 7: Close the door and wait for the printer to align the cartridges. After the printer prints the alignment page, install the printer driver.
- Step 8: Follow the instructions on the monitor to complete the installation.
Driver manual download
You need to have the printer driver and software installed on your system in order for it to work. You should also make sure that you install the latest and most upgraded version of the driver software so that you can get the best use out of your printer. There are many driver versions available online but most people prefer installing the driver using the software installation CD provided along with the printer. It is not enough if you simply download and install the software. You will have to update the driver constantly, keeping track of software upgrades released by your printer manufacturer. If you install a newer and more updated version of the operating system on your computer, you will have to update the driver and software for your HP Deskjet 3700 Printer as well.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the electrical socket and the other end to the printer’s rear; switch on the printer. Now connect the printer to the computer using a network or a USB cable.
- Place the disc into the computer’s CD drive and check the My Computer column to see if the CD drive gets displayed there.Then, double-click on it to open.
- Click on the folder that auto-populates once the disc is detected. Access the folder to view the files.
- Double-click on the driver file, follow the instructions to setup the printer.
- If you do not have the installation disc, download the driver from our site and click on the .exe file in your downloads folder. Follow the guides to install the software.
- Switch on the printer after connecting it to a power socket in the wall. Connect the printer and the computer.
- IF you have the software CD, place it in the CD drive of the Mac and run the CD. Follow the guides on the installation window, get the driver setup on your printer.
- If you do not have the software installation, you can download the software from the link given below.
- After downloading the software, click on the downloaded .dmg file in the browser’s download bar or the download folder on your computer.
- Follow the instructions on the installer window and get the driver setup on your printer with ease.
A scan is a digital copy of any saved document. This is useful because a saved soft copy is hard to lose and easy to transmit. Check out some of the scan features below.
Scan to email
To directly scan from the printer to your email, make sure that the printer is connect to a network. Place the document on the scanner glass with the printed side facing down and press Scan. Select the destination as email and choose your email from the list before you click Scan.
Scan to computer
To scan to your computer, switch on the device and ensure that the full-featured printer driver has been installed on your system. Your printer and the computer must be connected by means of a USB cable. You can also use an Ethernet cable or a network to connect the printer and the computer.
Scan to pdf
Place the document that you want to scan on the scanner glass and close the lid. Press Scan on the printer’s control panel and select the destination to which you want your file to be saved. Choose the file format as PDF and click Scan. The document will be saved as a PDF in the set location.
Open the file that you want to print on your computer and select Print. Change the print settings if necessary and click Print to print the document.
Load the document that you want to scan into the scanner glass and Press Scan. Select the storage location and file format before you click Print.
Are you not able to setup the HP Deskjet 3700 Printer or install the printer ?No worries!Here,we focus mainly on all these issues and simple steps for the setup process.
Always use genuine cartridges manufactured by HP. It is also important that you search for the ink cartridge supported by your printer before you purchase one. Always hold the cartridge by the plastic part because touching it anywhere else can damage the cartridge. The cartridges supported by the printer are HP 65 Black for black ink and HP 65 Tricolor for color ink. Try resetting the printer if you have any problems with the cartridge.
Color or Black Ink Not Printing
- Check if the cartridges you are using are genuine and check the ink levels in the cartridge to see if they need a replacement. It is always recommended to use the ink cartridges produced by the manufacturer to avoid ink cartridge issues.
- Replace any low or empty ink cartridges by opening the cartridge access door and pushing on it to release it.You can check the ink level on the control panel of your computer or the display of the printer.
- Pull out the cartridge to remove it and close the cartridge access door. Align the new ink cartridges. Usually, when you install the ink cartridges for the first time, the printer prints an alignment page automatically. While replacing, you need to align it manually.
- Clean the cartridges if necessary and replace the damaged cartridge. Make use of a soft, damp and a fibre-free cloth to clean the ink cartridges carefully. Use only distilled or purified water to clear the dust on the cartridges if any. Read More…
From your Apple device, you can print and scan documents either by connecting to the HP Deskjet 3700 Printer over the wireless network or to the printer’s Adhoc network. After connecting your iPhone to the printer, open the document that you want to print and click on the Actions button. Change the print settings if required and click Print.
To print using HP ePrint, enable Web Services on your printer. Load the document that you want to print into an email and enter the printer’s email address in the “To” section. Enter a subject for the email or the printer would discard it. Make sure the size of the email does not exceed 10 MB. Click Send and the printer will print the document.
Mopria Print Service Plugin is a service that you can use to print documents, images and more from your Android device. You will also be able to print webpages and emails on your Android device. This is a free application that can be downloaded from the Play Store of your mobile device and is quite easy to use. You just need to have an Android device running on version 4.0 or more and have the printer hardware setup properly. Install the Mopria Print Service Plugin on it. After the application has been installed, you will be able to use the application to print from your Android device.
If you have a wireless or network enabled printer, you must get familiar with the process of connecting your printer to a wireless or wired network and start printing using it. Wi-Fi Direct and Wireless Direct are both methods that you can use to connect your printer and your mobile device to the printer. You can make sure of this feature on your printer to connect both mobile devices and computers to the 123.hp.com/dj3700 printer, and the best part is that you need not have an access point or a wireless router in order to make this connection.
If you have been using a printer for a long time, you will be no stranger to the issues that are posed by it. This is not limited to just old printers, even the newer ones can pose issues. Check out the list of troubleshooting information given below.
Network Scanner Connection Error
- If there is a network scanner connection error on your printer, check the connection status of your printer and computer.
- Ensure that you have installed an appropriate printer driver and software. Use the scanning software or Windows app to print directly from the computer. Check what type of error message displayed on your HP Deskjet 3700 printer’s control panel, based on that perform a troubleshooting.
- Update the firmware regularly to avoid scanner issue. Ensure that you have positioned the file properly on the scanner glass. To avail detailed information, click on the read more option. Read More…
123-hp.chat website is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance for many major brands of hardware, software and other peripherals. The brand names, images, trademarks, product and services of third parties and others on this website are only for reference and to furnish information.