Laserjet M506N Printer
- Can print up to 45ppm in B/W (normal mode)
- Supports wireless services like AirPrint, ePrint etc.
- Has an 100-sheet multipurpose tray and a 550-sheet input tray.
- Can handle up to 150000 pages a month.
- Supports both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- You can only print B/W documents using the printer.
- Supports both wired and wireless connections.
Portrait or Landscape Orientation
Portrait and landscape denote the orientation in which you want your document or image to be printed. In portrait mode, the document is printed vertically and in landscape mode, the document is printed horizontally.
Paper Tray or Source
Source refers to the place from which the HP Laserjet M506n printer draws papers to print documents. Be sure to check if the paper tray has enough paper in it before you start a print job to prevent it from being interrupted.
Photo paper type
When you are printing an image using a different type of paper, you need to select the exact paper type in the print settings menu. A paper jam might occur if there is a mismatch in the paper type.
Draft mode is a print setting that will sacrifice on the quality of the printed document in favor of using less ink and increasing the print speed. The draft mode can be used to print everyday documents that are not so important.
Usually, when you print a document, space will be allocated for the border regardless of the presence of a border in the document. But with borderless printing, you can print documents or images without wasting on the border space.
Color or Black and White
In the print settings, when printing a document, you need to choose either black & white or color. For documents like photos, presentations, illustrations etc. color can be selected and for other documents, B/W can be used.
Driver manual download
To be able to start using your HP Laserjet M506n printer, you need to install the driver software for your printer on the computer. You can either use the CD bundled in the box along the printer or you can download the driver software from the internet. Before you install using the CD, make sure that the software version on the CD is the latest one or the printer may not work properly. You can also download the latest full feature driver software and the printer manual with step by step instructions on how to setup the printer and troubleshoot it, from our website. Click on the links below to start downloading.
- Go to start and search Windows for Change Device Installation settings, select yes and save changes to enable the computer to automatically update the driver software of your printer.
- To add the printer to Windows, connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable provided in the box and open Control Panel. Select the Devices and Printers menu. Click on the Add a Printer option.
- Select the name of your 123.hp.com/ljm506n printer from the list and click Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation. Try printing a document using the printer to check if everything works properly.
- If your printer was not listed, click The printer I want is not listed and then on the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option. Click Next and select Use an existing port and then click Next.
- To install the driver software on your Mac, you don’t have to download and install the driver software from the internet. You can directly install it using the Apple Software Update.
- Connect the printer to the computer via USB and click on the Apple icon and select System Preferences. Click on the Printers and Scanners menu and check if your printer is listed in the menu.
- If listed, select the name of your printer and remove it using the – sign at the bottom of the menu. To add the printer, click on the + sign and select the name of your HP Laserjet M506n printer.
- Select the Add Printer or Scanner option and choose the name of your printer. Click the Use or Print using option and click on the name of your printer. Click Add to add the printer to the list.
- Download and install any software if prompted. Try to print or scan a document.
Ink and Toner catridge
An ink cartridge is an essential to pump out the ink to print the documents. The mechanism in which an ink cartridge works differs based on the printer technology. A problem with the ink cartridge often requires you to replace the ink cartridge but sometimes you can get away without replacing it, either by cleaning the ink cartridges and the printhead or by resetting the printer. It is also important that you be careful with handling the ink cartridges or else it can damage the system. To learn how to replace the ink cartridge or the toner collection unit, follow the steps mentioned in the document.
Replace the toner cartridges
- Step 1: Click on the top-cover-release button on the left side printer and open the front door. Pull out the ink cartridge from its slot to remove it.
- Step 2: When replacing the cartridge, make sure that you purchase the right cartridge model for the HP Laserjet M506n printer. Other models will not fit.
- Step 3: The cartridge models that work with the printer are HP 87A Black Original LaserJet toner cartridge and HP 87X yield High Black Original LaserJet toner cartridge.
- Step 4: It is also important that you check if the cartridges you purchase are genuine and manufactured by HP. Third-party cartridges may cause unnecessary problems.
- Step 5: Take out the new ink cartridge from the package and rock it 4 to 5 times. Slide in the cartridge into its slot and lock it into position. Close the front door.
- Step 6: After you have installed the cartridge, try to print a document to check if everything works properly. Redo the above steps if you are faced with any problem.
Replace the toner collection unit
- Step 1: Open the front door by clicking on the top-cover-release button on the left side of the printer. Make sure the front door is fully open.
- Step 2: Grasp the blue label on the toner collection unit and remove the toner collection unit from the printer and place it aside.
- Step 3: Place the blue cap over the blue opening at the top of the unit and attach it. Insert the new toner collection unit into the printer.
- Step 4: Take out the new toner collection until from its package and insert the bottom of the unit into the 123.hp.com/ljm506n printer first and then slide in the top of the unit.
- Step 5: Check if the problem you previously had with the printer that caused you to replace the toner collection unit has been resolved.
- Step 6: Call up our customer care if you want any guidance on troubleshooting any printer problems.
To print documents using AirPrint, open the document that you want to print on your iPhone and click on the Actions button. Select Print from the list and change the print settings if necessary. Click Print to print the document. Also, before printing the document, make sure if the iPhone and the printer are connected to the same network.
Enable ePrint on your printer and register the device at HP ePrint Center or HP Connected. Check if the laptop or your smartphone is connected to the internet. Compose an email and enter the printer’s email address in the “To” section. Enter a subject line and make sure that the size of the email does not exceed 10 MB. Click send to print the document.
Setting up your HP Laserjet M506n printer on a wireless network can be really convenient and beneficial, especially in an office setting where the printer room would often be crowded. On top of the convenience, it can be really fast to print documents on-the-go. Connect your printer and the device to the same network to start printing documents wirelessly.
It is not an uncommon scenario for problems to start occurring on your printer. In fact, it can occur very often if proper care is not being taken. When there is a problem with the printer, it is important that you follow the right set of instructions to resolve the issue. The problem can either be hardware or software related. Learn more about troubleshooting your HP Laserjet M506n printer in the document listed below.
Paper jam error
- Check for any paper stuck in the tray 1 and carefully pull it out without tearing the paper. If the paper is still stuck inside, click on the top-cover-release button and open the front door. Remove the ink cartridge and pull out the paper stuck inside.
- To remove the paper stuck inside tray 2, remove the tray from the printer and look for any damaged or crumpled paper from the tray. Check if the paper guide is aligned properly according to the size of the paper in the tray.
- For papers stuck in the duplexer, remove the tray 2 and pull the green tab from inside to release the duplex pan. Take out any jammed paper and close the duplex pan. Open the rear door and remove any jammed paper.
- If there is any paper stuck in the output tray, carefully remove it. Check the printer’s control panel to see if the error message has disappeared and try printing a document to see if the HP Laserjet M506n printer works properly.
- Try printing the document again, sometimes this can be a temporary issue and can go away over time without any measures. You can also try leaving the printer rest for a while and reprinting the document.
- Check the ink levels in the cartridge to check if there is enough ink in the cartridge. Take out the cartridge and check for the accumulation of dust or leaks. Clean it up with a soft damp cloth before you reinsert the cartridge into the cartridge slot.
- Check if the driver and the print attributes in the print settings match the paper size loaded in the paper tray. Try loading the papers into a different tray or try changing the print settings to see if that helps.
- Check if the temperature in the room falls within the optimal operating temperature of the HP Laserjet M506n printer and make sure the weight and size of the paper loaded are supported by the printer. Now print a document to check if the prints come out fine.
123-hp.chat website is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance for many major brands of hardware, software and other peripherals. The brand names, images, trademarks, product and services of third parties and others on this website are only for reference and to furnish information.