HP Laserjet M605X Printer
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and OS X.
- Includes 1100-sheet paper tray.
- Maximum monthly duty cycle up to 225,000 sheets.
- Has an Automatic duplexer.
- Print resolution up to 1200 dpi.
- Print through ePrint, NFC, Mopria certified and Air Print.
- Supports USB and Ethernet connection.
Portrait or Landscape Orientation
With your HP Laserjet M605X printer, you can print in portrait as well as landscape orientation. You just need alter your preferred settings to obtain the prints of your wish.
Paper Tray or Source
Select the tray you have loaded the paper into if your printer has more than one tray. Use the Automatically Select option to pull paper from the main tray and in case it is empty.
Photo paper type
Set the paper type as HP photo paper, plain paper, or custom media to enable your printer properly handle and print on the paper. You can also automatically choose the paper type.
When ink cartridge levels are low or when high-quality prints are not required, this mode uses the lowest DPI. With the fast draft mode, you can produce the fastest printouts.
Adding or removing a border usually leaves a white border around a photo or print to the very edge of the paper. For more steps, go to Printing on Both Sides of the Paper page.
Color or Black and White
For full-color prints, choose the color or black and white option to use ink from all cartridges. You can use the black ink cartridge mode for normal or lower quality prints.
Driver manual download
Are you puzzled as to why you are unable to print even after installing the printer driver? One of the reasons is that you need to install an upgraded printer driver and software compatible with your PC and HP Laserjet M605X printer. To begin printing, you can refer your printer manual, if required. Note that the driver file for Windows will be in the .exe format and for your Mac OS, .dmg is the format of the driver file. The basic steps to download the driver for both Windows and Mac are here. Get to know how to install the driver for your system by following the instructions given below.
- The first and the foremost step is to choose your printer model from the list that appears on the control panel, once you visit our website. Now, re-check if the OS version is correct.
- Under the Driver-Product Installation Software, ensure that you download the full feature software and use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant by following the on-screen instructions.
- Select the Download only icon and click Learn more to download the 123.hp.com/lj m605x printer driver on Windows, if ‘Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution’ displays on your printer screen.
- To complete the printer setup, choose the desired network connection. Based on your work requirement, choose the apt print job and then move on to the next step.
- If you want to install with the disc that had been shipped with the printer, verify if the operating system supports it. For any clarification or support, reach us on the Toll-free 1-888-224-4280.
- The foremost step is to select your printer model from the list that appears on the control panel, once you visit our website. Also, verify if the Operating System version is correct.
- Under the Driver-Product Installation Software, you can download the full feature software and then use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant by following the on-screen instructions.
- Select the HP Scan option on the Install screen to create a print queue on your Mac OS and then ensure that you tap the Add Printer option to open the Add window.
- Choose your printer model and then ascertain that you click the Use or Print Using menu option, Now, select your HP Laserjet M605X printer model in the pop-up menu and then tap the Add option.
- Ensure that you choose the desired network connection and based on the print job select the printer function. For any further information you can contact our technical experts on the Toll-free 1-888-224-4280.
Ink and Toner catridge
Wondering why you need a cartridge? Due to the fact that faint and blurry prints make the documents look unprofessional, the cartridges play a major role in determining the print quality of them. HP Laserjet M605X printers mostly use toner cartridges. Though toner cartridges are expensive to purchase primarily, they are more cost-effective as they last longer when compared to the ink cartridges. A laser wins the majority of races as it saves your time. The printers using inkjet cartridges usually have less paper capacity. Follow the step-by-step procedure given below to replace any toner cartridge or toner collection unit on your HP Laserjet M605X printer.
Replace the toner cartridges
- Step 1: Open the front door, then ascertain that you hold the blue handle on the toner cartridge drawer and then carefully pull it out.
- Step 2: Grasp the handle on the toner cartridge and then remove the new toner cartridge package from the box. Now, pull the release tab on the packaging.
- Step 3: Remove the toner cartridge, then grasp both ends of the toner cartridge and then gently rock the toner cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner.
- Step 4: Now, carefully insert the new toner cartridge into the drawer and ensure that the color chip on the cartridge matches the color chip on the drawer.
- Step 5: Push the toner cartridge drawer into the printer, then carefully close the front door to secure the cartridge and then check if the cartridge is placed properly.
- Step 6: For any further information and support, you can visit our website and contact our technical support team on the Toll-free number.
Replace the toner collection unit
- Step 1: Change the toner collection unit when you see a prompt in the printer’s control panel and ensure that you do not empty the toner unit and reuse it.
- Step 2: This is due to the fact that it might lead to toner being spilled inside the printer, which could result in reduced print quality.
- Step 3: In case you want to print documents that require heavy toner coverage, then it is advisable to have another toner collection unit readily available.
- Step 4: In order to replace the toner collection unit, open the front door and then carefully remove the blue label at the top of the toner collection unit.
- Step 5: Place the attached blue cap over the blue opening at the top of the unit and then take out the new toner collection unit from its package.
- Step 6: Insert the bottom of the new unit into the HP Laserjet M605X printer, then push the top of it until it clicks into position and then shut the front door.
Printers generally require a suitable network connection to print. The printers supporting the HP ePrint mobile printing solution come with a custom e-mail address so that documents can be sent directly to the printer from any device that supports e-mail, such as a smartphone or an iPad. You can follow the on-screen instructions to set up this feature and easily print documents attached to email messages sent to the device.
Obtain prints of photos, documents, webpages and emails with flawless quality using the Mopria Print Service Plugin from your Android device to your HP network-connected printer without taking any stress. It is a free app that is available in the Google Play Store. Check the requirements and then install and turn on the Mopria Print Service Plugin by following the on-screen instructions. To learn more about this Service, open the app tray and then tap the Mopria icon.
Nowadays, all printers are enabled with this mobile-printing solution. Though HP Laserjet Enterprise M605X lacks 802.11 Wi-Fi, it is capable of printing from iOS and Android phones and tablets. It is compatible with AirPrint provided the device is on the same network as the printer and that the network has a wireless access point. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup and print with this mobile printing solution on your device.
The foremost benefit of using NFC is that it allows you to print from your mobile device directly to your 123.hp.com/lj m605x printer without either device having to connect to the wireless network. Moreover, you need not know the network settings or perform any setup of the mobile device or printer. To enable this feature, check if the mobile device is equipped with an NFC chip or radio module and connected to the same wireless network as the printer.
wired and wireless setup
- Make sure that you install a compatible HP Printer driver on your PC.
- Re-check if the PC is connected to the router previously.
- Make sure that the HP Laserjet M605X printer, router and the computer are turned on.
- Now, connect the power cable to the printer port and to the router.
- You can get the latest printer driver for your Operating System.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed and then install it on your PC.
- For more information, contact our technical experts on the Toll-free number.
- Get the network name and the password to prepare for the connection.
- Connect the printer and the computer to a common network.
- Place the printer and computer closer within the range of the router.
- Note that the Wireless Setup Wizard easily manages the wireless connection.
- Install the printer software using a CD that came with the printer.
- Now, select your printer model and then tap the Download option.
- Install the driver by double-clicking the driver file in the browser downloads bar.
Wondering why your Laserjet M605X printer is not printing even after installing the printer driver? Ensure that there is no jammed paper anywhere in the printer. If any, carefully pull it out. Try resetting the printer and then follow the instructions below to fix the issue.
Clear paper jams
- You can follow the on-screen instructions to help you clear the paper jams in Tray 1 and Tray 2.
- Clear the paper jams in the optional tray, toner-cartridge area, rear output bin, the Fuser area and output bin.
- The duplexer, envelope feeder, 5-bin mailbox and stacker might also have paper jams. Ensure that you clear jams in these areas.
- Also, make sure that the paper is flat and that you use only HP paper that meets the given specifications.
- Now, ascertain that the paper is not wrinkled, folded or damaged and that the tray is not overfilled.
- If necessary, use paper from a different package and ensure that you use paper that has not been previously printed.
- Adjust the paper guides, select the Trays menu and then select the paper type.
- Check if the paper jam message is disappeared and try to give a print job.
123-hp.chat website is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance for many major brands of hardware, software and other peripherals. The brand names, images, trademarks, product and services of third parties and others on this website are only for reference and to furnish information.