HP Laserjet M712DN Printer
- Compatible with Windows and Mac PC.
- Maximum monthly duty cycle up to 100,000 sheets.
- Supports automatic two-sided printing.
- Maximum print resolution up to 1200 dpi.
- Supports ePrint, Mopria certified and Air Print apps.
- Supports A4 and A3 paper.
- An ENERGY STAR qualified printer.
Portrait or Landscape Orientation
With your HP Laserjet M712dn printer, you can print in portrait as well as landscape orientation. Choose and set your preferred settings to obtain the output as you wish.
Paper Tray or Source
Select the paper tray option. Use the Automatically Select option to pull paper from the main tray and if it is empty, the paper will be automatically pulled from another tray.
Photo paper type
With this option, set the paper type as HP photo paper, plain paper, or custom media to enable your printer properly handle and print on the paper. Choose the paper type on your own.
This mode can be used when the ink cartridge levels are low or when high-quality prints are not required. With the fast draft mode, easily print draft-quality photos at high speed.
When you add or remove a border, it will usually leave a white border around a photo or print to the very edge of the paper. To know more, go to Printing on Both Sides of the Paper page.
Color or Black and White
For full-color prints, tap the color or black and white option to use ink from all cartridges. For normal or lower quality black and white prints, use the black ink cartridge mode.
Driver manual download
Are you unable to print even after installing the printer driver? One of the reasons for the issue to occur is that you need to install an updated printer driver and software compatible with your PC and HP Laserjet M712dn printer. To begin printing, you can refer your printer manual as it may help you. Note that the driver file for Windows system will be in the .exe format and for your Mac PC, .dmg is the format of the driver file. The basic prompts to download the driver for both Windows and Mac are here. Get to know how to install the driver for your system by following the guidelines given below.
- The basic step is to choose your printer model from the list that appears on the printer’s control panel, once you visit our website. Now, examine if the OS version is correct.
- Under the Driver-Product Installation Software, ensure that you download the full feature software and use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant by following the prompts on the screen.
- Choose the Download only icon and tap Learn more to download the printer driver on Windows, if ‘Installing Your HP Laserjet M712DN Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution’ displays on your printer screen.
- To complete your printer setup, opt for the desired network connection. Based on the work requirement, you can choose the apt print job and then move on to the next step.
- If you want to install with the disc that had been shipped with the printer, re-check if the operating system supports it. For any clarification or support, contact us on the Toll-free number.
- The basic step is to select your 123.hp.com/lj m712dn printer model from the list that appears on the control panel, once you visit our website. Also, cross-check if the Operating System version is correct.
- Under the Driver-Product Installation Software, you can download the full feature software and then use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant by following the prompts on the screen.
- Select the HP Scan option on the Install screen to create a print queue on your Mac computer and then ascertain that you tap the Add Printer option to open the Add window.
- Choose your printer model from the printer list and then click the Use or Print Using menu option. Now, before proceeding to the next step, select the Add printer option.
- Select the desired network connection and based on the print job choose the printer function. For any further information and support, you can reach our technical experts on the Toll-free 1-888-224-4280.
Ink and Toner catridge
Do you know what role a cartridge plays in your printer? As faint and blurry prints make the documents look unprofessional, the cartridges play a major role in determining the print quality of them. Laser printers generally use toner cartridges. Although toner cartridges are expensive to purchase primarily, they are more cost-effective as they last longer when compared to the ink cartridges. A laser printer wins the majority of races as it saves your time. The printers using inkjet cartridges mostly have less paper capacity. Follow the basic guidelines given below to replace any toner cartridge or toner collection unit on your HP Laserjet M712dn printer.
Replace the toner cartridges
- Step 1: You need to open the front door, then make sure that you hold the blue handle on the toner cartridge drawer and then carefully pull it out.
- Step 2: Carefully grasp the handle on the toner cartridge, then remove the new toner cartridge package from the box and then pull the release tab on the packaging.
- Step 3: Now, take out the toner cartridge, then grasp both ends of the toner cartridge and then gently rock the toner cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner.
- Step 4: Ensure that you carefully insert the new toner cartridge into the drawer and that the color chip on the cartridge matches the color chip on the drawer.
- Step 5: Push the toner cartridge drawer into the HP Laserjet M712DN printer, then carefully shut the front door to secure the cartridge and then re-check if the cartridge is placed properly.
- Step 6: For any further information and support, you can go to our website and contact our technical support team on the Toll-free number.
Replace the toner collection unit
- Step 1: Replace the toner collection unit only when the control panel instructs you to and ascertain that you do not empty the toner collection unit and reuse it.
- Step 2: This is only due to the fact that it may lead to toner being spilled inside the printer, which could, therefore, result in reduced print quality.
- Step 3: If you want to print documents or photos that require heavy toner coverage, then it is recommended to have another toner collection unit readily available.
- Step 4: If you want to replace the toner collection unit, open the front door and then carefully remove the blue label at the top of the toner collection unit.
- Step 5: Now, place the attached blue cap over the blue opening at the top of the unit and then remove the new toner collection unit from its package.
- Step 6: Mount the bottom of the new unit into the Laserjet M712DN printer, then push the top of it until it clicks into position and then close the front door.
Almost all printers are enabled with this mobile-printing solution. The HP Laserjet Enterprise M712dn is capable of printing from iOS and Android phones and tablets. It is compatible with AirPrint feature provided the device is on the same network as the printer and that the network has a wireless access point. Follow the prompts on the screen to setup and print with this mobile printing solution on your device.
Almost all printers require a suitable network connection to print. The printers that are enabled with the HP ePrint mobile printing solution come with a custom e-mail address so that documents can be sent directly to the 123.hp.com laserjet M712dn printer from any device that supports e-mail, such as a smartphone or an iPad. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up this feature and easily print documents attached to email messages.
With the Mopria Print Service Plugin, you can easily print photos, documents, webpages, and emails from your Android device to your HP network-connected printer. This is a free app that is available in the Google Play Store. Check the features and then install and turn on the Mopria Print Service Plugin by following the on-screen instructions. To know more, open the app and then select the Mopria icon.
The printer may face unexpected issues just like all other devices or machines once they get worn out. These issues may affect your print job and not let you print any document or photo. Ascertain that the issues are fixed immediately. Print a Printer Status Report to verify the status of your HP Laserjet M712DN printer. Be it paper jam, print quality or any other printer issue, you can easily troubleshoot them by following the guidelines given below.
- Ensure that there is no jammed paper inside the printer and then mount the tray with the correct size of paper for the print job. On the printer’s control panel, you need to make sure that the paper size and type are set correctly.
- Now, make sure that the paper guides in the tray are adjusted correctly and that the arrow on the tray guide, lines up exactly with the marking on the tray. Also, re-check if the humidity in the room is within the given specifications.
- View the printer’s control panel to know if it is displaying a prompt to feed the paper manually. Mount paper and then clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth dampened with warm water. Now, you can proceed to the next step.
- Check the rollers for any smooth surface either completely around the circumference or just on one side. If the issue still persists, replace the tray rollers.
- You can primarily try printing from a different software program. If you find that the page prints correctly, then it indicates that the problem is with the software. Now, you can check the paper type setting by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, click Manage Supplies and then click Print Supplies Status to print a report status of all supply items. You can examine the report to verify the estimated level of the toner cartridge. Also, ensure that you use a genuine HP cartridge.
- Tap Device Maintenance, then choose Calibration/Cleaning and then click Cleaning Page. Take out the toner cartridge from the HP Laserjet M712DN printer to examine it. Replace the toner cartridge if there is any damage and then proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that you use a paper type that is of good quality and that it is within the specifications. Do not expose the printer to heat.
123-hp.chat website is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance for many major brands of hardware, software and other peripherals. The brand names, images, trademarks, product and services of third parties and others on this website are only for reference and to furnish information.