HP Officejet 8040 Ink Cartridge
Step 1:Examine the ink cartridges
- Ascertain that the ink cartridges are compatible with the printer model and use the standard ink cartridges.
- Press the power button to switch on the HP Officejet 8040 printer. Unseal the ink cartridge access door.
- Uninstall the ink cartridges by pressing down them. Move the ink cartridges cartridge out to examine them.
- Discard the protective tape from the cartridge.After examining for the defective ink cartridge
- Lock the HP Officejet 8040 Ink Cartridge access door and then try to print the test page.
Step 2:Cleanse the electrical contacts and carriage contacts
- Switch on the printer,unseal the cartridge access door and halt until the carriage is inactive.
- Detach the USB cable from the printer’s rear and then release the ink cartridges from its slot and then place it on a paper. If the cartridge contains any debris,use the clean and moist cloth to wipe the electrical and carriage contacts.
- Pause until the cartridge and electrical contacts to dry, install the ink cartridges to their slots and then reconnect the 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer to switch on it.
Step 3:Recustomize the printer
- Initially,examine whether the printer is in on state.If not,press the power button to switch on the HP Officejet 8040 printer.
- With the printer turned on, Unplug the power cable from the rear of the printer.
- Detach the power cable from the electrical socket.Wait for at least 15 seconds.
- Plug in the power cord to the power outlet and to the rear of the Officejet 8040 printer.
- Now,turn on the HP Officejet 8040 printer. Once you are done with the step,make an attempt to print the test page from the printer.
Step 4:Identify the problematic cartridge
- Switch on the printer. Unlock the cartridge access door and then halt for a second.
- Once the carriage is inactive, uninstall the 123 HP OJ8040 Ink Cartridge from its slot pressing it down.
- After releasing the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door. In case any error message displays, continue to the next step.
- If any error message screens on the system, you need to replace with new cartridge.
- Perform the above steps for other cartridge too.
Step 5:Replace the defective cartridge.
- Switch on the printer, seal the ink cartridge access door so that the carriage moves to the right.
- Refrain from proceeding until the carriage is inactive.To uninstall the HP 8040 ink cartridge,you need to press down on the top of the cartridge.
- Keep the ink cartridge out from its package and remove the protective tape from it.
- Move the ink cartridge to its slot and carefully,insert the ink cartridges into their respective slots until it fixes into place.Close the HP Officejet 8040 Ink Cartridge access door. Print an alignment page after the cartridge alignment is completed.
123-hp.chat website is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance for many major brands of hardware, software and other peripherals. The brand names, images, trademarks, product and services of third parties and others on this website are only for reference and to furnish information.