How to Install
- To customize the printer for the first time, discard all packing materials, link the power cable, place the ink cartridges, and then keep sufficient amount of input tray.
- Discard the packing tapes that present in and around the printer. Take out the printer from box, and then look for the packing materials all around the printer.
- Link the power cord to the printer’s rear side, and then plug in other end of the power cord to the electrical outlet.
- Place the ink cartridges properly into the allotted slots. Improper placing of toner into the slots lead to the improper functioning of the printer.
- Feed required amount of clean, unused, white paper into the input tray of the HP Officejet 8040 printer.
- Subsequently, search for the correct printer driver and software, follow the prompts to install on the computer operating with Windows or Mac operating system.
You can opt for Wireless mode of connection, if you need to connect to printer to the network with ease. By preferring Wireless connection, dependency on bulky modem cables get reduced. Finding and fixing the issue is simple as in the case of Wireless connection. Look for Windows operating system version on the computer, and choose the platform among the Wireless connection.
We provide the simplest instruction to set up the HP Officejet 8040 printer. Before connecting to the network, know about your Mac OS version. The frequency band of the wireless network should be at 2.4 GHz to link the computer to the wireless network. Get the do’s and dont’s while attempting to connect the HP Officejet 8040 printer over the wireless network.
- Here are the few tips to get the professional quality printouts using your HP Officejet 8040 printer.
- Use HP photo paper to get quality prints as in the case of craft projects or framing.
- Choose the photos you want to print, modify the settings before you start to print.
- The more the vibrancy of the photos you choose, the more its resolution.
- Get the high quality photos by using best or Max DPI quality in print settings.
- USB is the preferred connection type, if you want to avail the most compatible feature from a USB connected printer.
- Prep your HP Officejet 8040 printer to get connected to a network by means of USB connection.
- Get the appropriate printer driver and software installed on your windows or Mac computer and set the connection type.
- Select the connection option as USB, when you are urged by the installer.
- Choose print, scan, or fax, liable to the printer functionality you need to perform.
Driver manual download
The proper communication between the computer operating with Windows or Mac operating system and the HP Officejet 8040 printer can be established and maintained by the printer driver and software which you install. Check whether you have CD which comes with the shipment box has a supportive driver and scrutinize that it is compatible with your computer’s operating system version. Get the latest version of driver suitable to your computer from us, as an alternative option.Readmore…Driver downloadManual download
Ink catridge Replacement
Replace the ink cartridge of your HP Officejet 8040 printer when you find it faulty. The faulty ink cartridge is the major causes for the presence of streaks or fine lines on the printouts.Get the ink cartridge from an authentic company to avoid the ink cartridge issue.
- We offer you ink cartridge replacement instructions below.
- Push the power button to switch on the HP Officejet 8040 printer. Release the slots by pushing them using your fingers.
- Pull it out and to unlock the ink cartridge access door. Do not proceed until the printer become idle.
- Use the prompts to remove the faulty ink cartridge from the slot. Once it is done, discard the plastic coverings on the new ink cartridge.
- Hold the ink cartridges on both the sides to place the ink cartridge contacts facing toward the printer’s side.
- Place the new ink cartridge into the allotted slot, and then gradually drag it forward until it settles into a place.
- Trail the above provided steps to install other ink cartridges also. scrutinize whether the color ink cartridges are installed properly.Read more…
paper handling issues
Paper jam, paper mismatch error come under paper handling issue. When the paper used is improperly placed or when mismatch type is used, the printer function fails.
ink alert or low on ink message display
It is advisable to estimate the ink when it is installed in your printer. When the low ink alert message is displayed, the toner installed on your printer is about to finish.
carriage and paper jam error
When your printer encounters carriage jam error clean the carriage and re- install it. In the event of paper jam issue, search where the paper jam issue occurs.Readmore…
123-hp.chat website is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance for many major brands of hardware, software and other peripherals. The brand names, images, trademarks, product and services of third parties and others on this website are only for reference and to furnish information.