The setup process of the Deskjet 2540 printer is simple. Cut the tape stuck on the printer box and open the flaps. Take the power cord, ink cartridges, installation CD, and booklets out of the box. Hold the plastic bag and pull the printer out of the box. Take the packing materials from its sides and remove the cover. Carry forward the steps given below to start the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer setup.
Printer Driver Download
Single-click on the Read More link below to download and install the HP DeskJet 2540 printer driver for free.
Connect the printer to a reliable wireless network source using the inbuilt Wireless function of the printer.
How to setup HP DeskJet 2540 printer
- Peel off the blue tapes on the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer and place it aside.
- Take the power cable and unwind the wire that binds it.
- Link the plug end of the cable to a nearby wall outlet.
- Connect the other end of to the rear of the printer.
- The power button of the printer needs to be pushed gently.
- The 123.hp.com/setup 2540 printer turns on. Take the packing materials out after opening the input and output trays.
- A stack of paper needs to be loaded into the input tray.
- Open the access door and wait until the carriage comes to a halt.
- Tear the packing that covers the cartridge.
- Peel the orange tape on top of the cartridge.
- Push the cartridge into the slot and push it inside.
- Close the access door.
- Download and install the printer driver on your computer and start printing.
HP Deskjet 2540
Get a compatible driver for your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer from this site. Make sure to select the driver which is compatible with your computer. The time taken the get the driver downloaded on your computer depends on the speed of your internet connection. If the connection speed is slow, get in touch with your internet service provider and get your issue sorted out.
HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup
Press the Wireless button on the printer’s access panel > Activate the router linked to an ISP > Configure the printer and connect the wirelessly.
HP Deskjet 2540 Airprint setup
- Make sure your iOS device and printer are linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download the AirPrint application from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and choose a file.
- Select the Print option, choose the Share icon.
- Choose the AirPrint enabled printer.
- Make changes to the number of copies, options, and pages to print.
- Select Print in the upper right corner and the document prints.
HP Deskjet 2540 Print from iphone
- Connect your Apple iPhone to a nearby wireless network.
- Ensure that the Wireless light on your computer blinks.
- This shows that the Wireless feature of your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer is working properly.
- Download the latest version of the printer application on your iPhone.
- Open the application and select the document or Image to be printed.
- Change the number of copies if required.
- Make sure to commence the printer setup process as well.
HP Deskjet 2540 ePrint setup
- You need a computer linked to a wireless network.
- HP recommends you to connect to a router with a stable broadband internet access.
- Ascertain that the latest version of the Deskjet 2540 printer driver is installed on your computer.
- If you are using a mobile, make sure to install HP ePrint.
- Get the application from the App Store.
- Note the ePrint email address of the printer.
- Now open an email application on your device and select Compose. Enter the ePrint address in the To field.
- Attach the file to be printed and select Send.
- The attached file gets printed.
- ePrint lets you print from any location provided you have access to the internet.
How to Scan HP Deskjet 2540
Scanning on the HP Deskejet 2540 printer is simple. Make sure to install the latest printer software on your computer. The document to be scanned needs to be placed on the scanner platen after lifting the scanner lid. The original needs to be placed such that its printed side faces down. This printer supports scan to computer, and scan to email.
HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting
The troubleshooting process of the HP Deskjet 2652 printer is given below. The steps to help you resolve 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer issues and perform printing operations are provided in this page. Solutions to resolve issues such as won’t print, won’t connect to Wi-Fi, won’t scan, and printer offline are provided below. The instructions to perform a hard reset and firmware update are provided below.
Go through the steps in this website to get support in setting up the printer for first-time use, it to a power source, performing printing, scanning, copying and faxing. This site provides the latest version of the Deskjet 2540 printer driver. Select the one that is compatible with the printer. Get the steps to create a USB connection and print using Wireless Direct. Also get guidance to print from your smartphone using ePrint or AirPrint. The solutions to resolve certain common 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer issues such as scanning problems, printer offline, and not printing are provided on this page. If you cannot resolve certain issues, contact our techies.