123.hp.com/envy4520 Printer Setup
HP Envy 4520 is an All-in-one wireless printer that can print documents at high speed and resolution using the Drop-on-Demand thermal Inkjet method. The 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer can be connected wirelessly to your device using a USB cord or Wireless Direct Feature. It also supports ePrint and AirPrint that enables printing from mobile devices.
How to set up or install HP Envy 4520
- 1. Take out the HP Envy 4520 Printer from the package box.
- 2. Peel off all the protective tapes from the printer.
- 3. Open the paper tray door and extend the input tray.
- 4. Remove any packaging material from the tray
- 5. Load plain paper into the paper tray and adjust the paper width guides such that they rest firmly against the edge of the paper.Push the tray into the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer.
- 6. Connect the printer to the wall outlet using the power cord.
- 7. Turn the printer on and set your preferences on the control panel using the navigation keys.
- 8. Select OK to confirm your choices. Open the ink cartridge access door and lift the lid on the slots.
- 9. Peel off all the tapes from the new ink cartridges and insert them into appropriate slots in the printer.
- 10. Close the lid and then the access door. Wait for the 123.hp.com/setup 4520 printer to print an alignment page.
- 11. Scan the page using the scanner glass. The printer aligns the ink cartridges.
- 12. The hardware setup is now complete. Install the driver to access the printer from your computer.
123 HP Envy 4520 Printer Functions
How to Print
How to Scan
HP Envy 4520 Driver and Manual Download
The printer driver for the HP Envy 4520 printer can be installed either using the installation CD provided along with the computer or by downloading it by clicking the link given below. The Windows operating system has a built-in driver for specific printer models. For Mac, the driver can also be installed using the HP Easy Start application.Readmore…
HP Envy 4520 Mobile Printing Setup
HP Envy 4520 Apple AirPrint setup
AirPrint is a feature that can be used only on iOS devices running on version 4.2 and later and the Mac OS.
- Connect your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer and Mac device to the same network. Remove any Ethernet or USB cable from the printer.
- Click the Apple menu and open the System Preferences window.
- Select the Printers and Scanners option. If the printer is not available, click the Add Printer or Scanner option and then select the printer’s name.
- Open the Print Using menu and make sure AirPrint is displayed.
- Click File and then select Print.
- Open Wireless Setup Wizard from your printer’s control panel.
- Carryout the instructions shown on the control panel to complete the setup.
- Open the document you want to print using a suitable application, click the File menu and then select Print.
HP Envy 4520 eprint setup
HP ePrint service enables users to assign jobs to the printer via email. Your printer and computer have to be connected over the same wireless network to enable the service.
- Select Setup icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Touch Print if you have enabled Web Services.
- Click Start on your Windows Laptop and open the Control panel.
- Locate the email address of the printer on the page.
- Open your email account and enter the email address of the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer in the ‘To’ field.
- Give a subject for your mail and attach the document you want to print. Click Send.
- If you are using a smartphone, open the document that you want to print and then tap the Share icon.
- Touch the Email option. Give a subject for the mail and then touch Send.
HP Envy 4520 cloud print setup
Google Cloud Print is a technology developed to print over the web from your device anywhere around the globe. HP Printers support Google Cloud Print associated with a Gmail account or with the HP Connected account.
- Power up your Envy 4520 printer and make sure the input tray holds enough paper. Check if the ink cartridges are installed.
- Open your Chrome browser and then sign into your Google account. Enter ‘chrome://devices’ in the address bar and then hit Enter.
- Click My Devices and click Register if the printer is listed.
- Complete the registration on the control panel. Perform the steps that follow if you want to set up the printer on Cloud using an Android mobile.
- Open Google Play Store and download the Cloud Print application. Install it by following the series of prompts.
- Open the Settings menu on your Android mobile and select Printing. Turn on Cloud Print and disable other print service plugins if required.
- Touch the Cloud Print icon and tap the menu icon. Select Add Printer and tap the printer icon.
- Tap OK to confirm the printer’s name and then go the printer’s control panel and complete the registration.
HP Envy 4520 ink cartridge installation
Envy 4520 printer supports both HP 63 Black or HP 63 Tri-color cartridges that can efficiently eject ink to form images.
HP Envy 4520 ink refill
- Power on your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer and wait for it to become idle.
- Raise the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Now lift the cover on the slot containing the cartridge to be refilled. Remove the cartridge from the slot and place it on a tissue paper.
- Keep the ink bottle, syringe, needle and cloth ready. Pierce the refill holes.
- Fill the syringe with ink from the ink bottle. Inject the ink into the cartridge through the holes.
- Avoid over-spilling of the ink. Seal the holes immediately using tape and blot out any excess ink.
- Insert the refilled ink cartridge into its slot and close the cover.
- Close the cartridge access door and then align the ink cartridges.
How to change ink cartridge HP Envy 4520
- Power up the HP Envy 4520 printer and wait until it finishes warming-up.
- Pull the input tray out from the printer and then place a stack of plain paper in it.
- Raise the cartridge access door until it clicks to a position.
- Lift the cover on the slot once the carriage stops moving. Push the lid back until it clicks to a place.
- Take the cartridge out from the slot and peel off the colored tapes on the new ink cartridges. Do not touch the nozzle or electrical contacts.
- Load the new ink cartridge into the empty slot and then close the lid. Pull the printer’s output tray out and slightly lift its extender.
- Close the access door. The printer will print an alignment sheet.
- Collect the sheet from the output tray. Raise the cover of the scanner unit and then place the sheet with its print side down on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid and touch OK on the control panel.
- Tap OK once the printer finishes aligning the cartridges.
HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting
HP Envy 4520 AirPrint not working
The instructions for resolving AirPrint connection issue on an iOS device is provided below.
HP Envy 4520 paper tray won’t close
The printer may display an error if the paper tray may not click and stay in place. The instruction for clearing the error.
HP Envy 4520 scanner not connecting
When your computer fails to communicate with the scanner, the Scanner not Found or the Computer not Found error may pop up. Perform the steps below to resolve the problem with your scanner.
My HP Envy 4520 printer won’t print
The Envy 4520 printer may fail to print if the driver is outdated or due to inappropriate settings. The instructions for resolving the issue is given below.Readmore…
HP Envy 4520 is a versatile printer All-in-One printer that can be accessed from your devices via USB or wireless network. The instructions for hardware setup, driver installation, wireless setup have been discussed in the above sections. The printer also supports certain advanced wireless features such as AirPrint, Cloud Print and ePrint. The procedure for accessing and utilising these features are given in clear step-by-step instructions. The guidelines for troubleshooting some of the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer problems are also provided on the page.