123.hp.com/envy5052 Printer Setup
HP Envy 5052 is an All-in-One printer that can be accessed from your device wireless or wired connection. Some mobile printing services as AirPrint, ePrint, Wi-Fi Direct, HP Smart App, etc. are supported by the printer. Setting up the printer involves performing the basic hardware setup, driver installation and establishing a connection between the printer and your device.
How to Install HP Envy 5052 Printer
- 1. The first step is unboxing the printer which involves removing all the tapes and packaging material.
- 2. The input trays, output trays, and the cartridge access area should be free of packaging material.
- 3. The package comprises all the printer accessories required for the basic setup
- 4. Connect the printer to a nearby power source using the supplied power cord.
- 5. Now power up the printer and select your language, country, region on the control panel. Confirm your choices by tapping Yes.
- 6. Unpack the new ink cartridges. Remove all the plastic tapes without touching the contacts or nozzles of the cartridges.
- 7. Reach the cartridge access area of the printer to install the ink cartridges.
- 8. Wait until the carriage stops moving.
- 9. Open the slots and insert the cartridges into them.
- 10. The color marked on the slots should match with that of the cartridge.
- 11. Pull the input tray out from the printer and place enough paper in it.
- 12. The printer will print an alignment page. Scan the page to align the inserted cartridges.
123 HP Envy 5052 Printer Functions
How to Print
How to Scan
How to Fax
HP Envy 5052 Driver and Manual Download
A printer driver controls all the functions of the printer from your device. To experience uninterrupted service, keep the printer driver updated. The user manual will be provided along with the printer. It includes all the details of the printer, instructions for setting it up and troubleshooting guidelines for resolving printer issues.Readmore…
HP Envy 5052 Wireless Setup
Using the Envy 5052 printer over a wireless network is more comfortable as you don’t have to deal with all the chaotic wires and plug-ins. The features such as the Wireless Setup Wizard, Auto Wireless Connect, and WPS can be used to connect the printer to a wireless network. Read more….
HP Envy 5052 Mobile Printing Setup
HP Envy 5052 ePrint setup
One of the mobile printing services supported by the printer is HP ePrint which lets you mail your print jobs to a web-enabled printer. Refer to the steps given below for using the ePrint service.
- Turn the Envy 5052 printer on. Make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- To find the email address for the printer, select HP ePrint on the control panel. The printer will print an instruction page.
- Note down the email address.
- Open your email account from your computer, type the printer’s email address in the To field.
- Compose the mail, give a subject and then attach the photo/document that you want to print. Click Send.
- Keep the size of the attached file below 10 MB.
- The printer will print the document/photo. The steps for using the HP ePrint app from your mobile is given below.
- Install the app on your mobile and open it. Activate the application using your email.
- Touch Files on the app and browse through your folders to select the document you want to print.
- Preview the document and touch Print. The printer will print the document.
HP Envy 5052 AirPrint setup
AirPrint is another mobile printing service for Apple devices. It is supported on iOS devices running on version 4.2 later.
- Set the printer free of USB and Ethernet cable.
- Turn the Envy 5052 printer on and connect the printer to a wireless network.
- Open the document/photo that you want to print and select Share.
- Touch Print and then tap Select Printers. Choose the Envy 5052 printer from the list of devices.
- Go the Options section to modify any print settings.
- Choose the number of copies and then select Print.
- Perform the steps below to use AirPrint via Wi-Fi Direct/Wireless direct feature.
- Enable Wi-Fi Direct on your printer. Tap Settings on your iOS device and then select Wi-Fi.
- Open the Choose a Network menu. Select the printer’s name beginning with DIRECT.
- If you are prompted, enter the password as 12345678.
HP Envy 5052 cloud Print setup
Google Cloud Print is a technology that enables accessing the printer from your device over the Web.
- Power up your Envy 5052 printer.
- Log into your Google account. Go to the address bar and type ‘chrome://devices.’
- In the window that opens, click My Devices. If the printer is listed, click Register.
- Go to your printer control panel to complete the registration.
- If you are using an Android mobile, install the Cloud Print application from Google Play Store.
- Open the Settings menu on your mobile, select the Printing option and then select Cloud Print. Exit the Settings menu.
- Now tap the Cloud Print icon on your mobile’s home screen. Select the Envy 5052 printer name from the menu.
- Go to the printer’s control panel and complete the registration.
How to install an ink cartridge in the HP Envy 5052 printer
The printer is usually supplied with setup ink cartridges meant for first the print job series. HP 65 Black, HP 65 XL Black, HP 65 Tri-color, and HP 65XL tri-color are the supported ink cartridges. Prefer only these cartridges over the third-party ink cartridges to avoid print quality issues.
How to replace ink cartridges in HP Envy 5052 printer
- Turn on the Envy 5052 printer.
- After the printer stops making noise, lift-open the access door. Do not proceed until the carriage comes to a halt.
- Open the cartridge slot by lifting the lid. Push the lid back until it clicks to a position.
- Remove the ink cartridge to be replaced from the slot.
- Peel off the plastic tapes on the new ink cartridges. Do not attempt to touch the copper-colored contacts or the nozzles of the cartridges while peeling the tapes.
- Load the cartridge into the empty slot. Close the lid on the slot and then pull the cartridge access door.
- Pull the output tray out from the printer and lift the extender slightly.
- Scan the alignment page that the printer prints. Tap OK on the control panel once the cartridges are aligned.
How to change ink on HP Envy 5052
- Lift-open the cartridge access door.
- Do not proceed until the carriage halts at a position on the left of the printer.
- Open the slot containing the cartridge to be refilled.
- Remove the cartridge from the slot and place it on a clean tissue paper.
- Find the refill holes on the cartridge and pierce them using a needle.
- Open the refill ink bottle and fill the syringe with ink. Inject the ink through the refill holes into the cartridge.
- Re-insert the refilled cartridge into its slot and then close the lid. Close the access door.
- Align the ink cartridges and try to print.
How to Solve HP Envy 5052 Printer problems?
HP Envy 5052 Printing Blank Pages
The blank pages might print if there is an issue with the installed ink cartridges or the print media is not compatible, or due to inappropriate print settings.
HP Envy 5052 Paper Jam
A Paper jam error occurs due to a jam caused by the torn paper bits or other objects in the input tray, carriage access area or ADF. Carry out the instructions below to clear the error.
HP Envy 5052 Offline
When the computer or mobile fails to communicate with the printer, the offline error occurs. Carry out the instructions below to clear the error.
HP Envy 5052 Ink Cartridge Problem
The error occurs due to improper cartridge installation, when the printer fails to detect the installed cartridges, or due to the use of third-party ink cartridges.Readmore…
HP Envy 5052 is a All-in-One printer that performs all the supported functions such as printing, scanning and copying efficiently. The instructions for hardware setup, wireless setup, printing/scanning/copying, and the guidelines for using some of the advanced features of the printer have been covered in the page. The steps for resolving some of the frequently occurring printer issues have also been given.