HP Envy 5055 Printer
123.hp.com/envy5055 Printer Setup
HP Envy 5055 is an All-in-One printer that can be accessed from your device over wired or wireless networks. The 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer also has mobile printing capability supporting features such as AirPrint, ePrint, Wi-Fi Direct, HP Smart App, etc. The printer setup involves the basic hardware setup, driver installation and establishing a wired/wireless connection.
How to setup HP Envy 5055 printer
- 1. Take the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer out from the packaging box and prefer a flat surface to place it.
- 2. Peel off the packing tapes on the printer and remove the sticker from the control panel.
- 3. Raise the cartridge access door using the handles provided on either side of the printer.
- 4. Clear all the packing material inside the printer.
- 5. Remove the safety material from the input and output trays, and scanner glass.
- 6. Connect the 123.hp.com/setup 5055 printer to an electrical outlet using the power cord.
- 7. Peel off the tapes on the new ink cartridges. Raise the cartridge access door and insert the cartridges into appropriate slots once the carriage halts at the access area.
- 8. Place a stack of paper in the printer’s input tray and adjust the paper width guides.
- 9. Wait while the printer prints an alignment page.
- 10. Open the scanner lid and place the page on the glass. The printed side of the page should face the glass.
- 11. Close the lid and tap OK on the control panel.
- 12. Touch OK again once the printer finishes aligning the ink cartridges.
123 HP Envy 5055 Printer Functions
How to Print
How to Scan
How to Fax
HP Envy 5055 Driver and Manual Download
The functions of a printer are controlled by the HP Envy 5055 printer driver installed on a device. The full feature driver includes software packages for accessing all the features of a printer, while the basic driver can control only the primary printer functions. The printer comes with a manual comprising all the details of the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer and its accessories. You can download both driver and manual using the links provided on the page.Readmore…
HP Envy 5055 Wireless Setup
HP Envy 5055 printer can be connected to a wireless network using Wireless Setup Wizard, Auto Wireless Connect or WPS PIN/Push button method.Read more….
HP Envy 5055 Mobile Printing Setup
HP Envy 5055 AirPrint setup
The HP Envy 5055 printer supports mobile printing services. The AirPrint feature is supported on iOS devices running on version 4.2 later.
- Remove the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Switch on the Envy 5055 printer and connect the printer to a wireless network.
- Open the document/photo that you want to print, and tap the Share icon.
- Touch Print and then tap the Select Printer option. Select the Envy 5055 printer’s name from the list of devices.
- Tap Options if you want to make changes to the print settings.
- Choose the number of copies and then select Print. Perform the steps below to use the Wi-Fi Direct/wireless direct feature.
- Enable Wi-Fi Direct on your 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer.
- Tap Settings on your Apple iOS device and then select Wi-Fi.
- Open the Choose a network menu and select the printer’s name beginning with DIRECT.
- Type the password as 12345678 if prompted.
HP Envy 5055 eprint setup
HP ePrint lets you send print jobs to a web-enabled printer via email. The steps for using the ePrint service is given below.
- Turn the Envy 5055 printer on and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- Touch the HP ePrint icon on the control panel.
- Wait for the printer to print an instruction page.
- Find the printer’s email address on the page.
- Open your email account and type the printer’s email address in the To field.
- Type a subject in the subject line, attach a photo/document and click Send.
- The size of the attached file should not exceed 10 MB. The 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer will print the document/photo. The steps for using the HP ePrint app is given below.
- Open the app and select Settings. Tap the Activation option.
- Select the Activate using your email option and select Activate. You will receive a code in your email.
- Type the app in the code and select Activate. Tap Files on the app and select a document. Preview the document and touch Print.
HP Envy 5055 cloud print setup
Google Cloud Print is a technology developed to print over the web from your device anywhere around the globe. HP Printers support Google Cloud Print associated with a Gmail account or with the HP Connected account.
- Google Cloud Print is a technology that enables accessing the printer from your device over the Web.
- Power up your Envy 5055 printer.
- Sign into your Google account and type ‘chrome://devices’ in the address bar.
- Click My Devices on the window that opens. If the printer is listed, and click Register.
- Complete the registration on the printer’s control panel.
- If you are using an Android mobile, Install the Cloud Print application from Google Play Store.
- Open the Settings menu on your mobile and select Printing.
- Turn on Cloud Print. Now tap the Cloud Print icon and select the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer’s name from the menu.
- Finish the registration on the control panel.
How to install an ink cartridge in the HP Envy 5055 printer
The HP Envy 5055 printer supports the HP 65 Black, HP 65 XL Black, HP 65 Tri-color and HP 65XL tri-color ink cartridges. Use of third-party ink cartridges may lead to print quality issues.
How to Replace Ink Cartridges in HP Envy 5055 Printer
- Power up the 123.hp.com/setup 5055 printer and wait until it becomes idle.
- Lift-open the access door and wait for the carriage to come to a halt.
- Open the lid on the cartridge slot and push it back until you hear a click.
- Remove the ink cartridge(s) to be replaced from the slot(s).
- Unwrap the new ink cartridges. Never touch the copper-colored contacts or the nozzles of the cartridges while peeling the tapes.
- Insert the cartridge into its slot. Close the lid on the slot and then the cartridge access door.
- Pull out the output tray and lift the extender. The printer prints an alignment page automatically.
- Scan the page and touch OK after the ink cartridges are aligned.
How to Change Ink on HP Envy 5055
- Grasp the handles provided on either side of the printer and lift cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage halts at the left of the printer.
- Locate the slot containing the cartridge to be refilled and lift the lid on it.
- Remove the cartridge from the slot and place it on a tissue paper.
- Pierce the refill holes on the cartridge.
- Fill the syringe with ink from the refill ink bottle and inject the ink into the refill holes.
- Re-insert the refilled ink cartridge into its slot. Close the lid on the slot and then the access door.
- Scan the alignment page printed by the printer for aligning the ink cartridges. Tap OK on the control panel.
HP Envy 5055 Printer Problems
HP Envy 5055 Printing Blank Pages
The blank pages may print if there is an issue with the installed ink cartridges or the print media is not compatible, or due to inappropriate print settings.
HP Envy 5055 Paper Jam
Paper jam error usually occurs on the control panel if there are any jammed paper in the input tray, carriage access area or ADF. At times, a false error may also occur. Carry out the instructions below to clear the error.
HP Envy 5055 Offline
The offline error indicates communication failure between the printer and the computer. The error can be cleared by performing the steps below.Readmore…
HP Envy 5055 is a wireless All-in-One printer that efficiently performs all the supported functions such as printing, scanning, and copying. The instructions for hardware setup, wireless setup including AirPrint, Cloud Print and ePrint, printing/scanning/copying, and the guidelines for using some of the advanced features of the printer have been covered in the page. Troubleshooting steps for resolving some of the frequently occurring 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer issues have also been provided. If you are in need of assistance in performing any of the steps above, contact our technical support team.