- 123.hp.com »
- Set Up Your Hp Printer Using The Hp Smart App
Set Up Your Hp Printer Using The Hp Smart App
Hello, new HP printer users. We knew you would seek for guidance to set up your HP printer. And, that’s why we are here! We shall guide you on how to setting up your printer, downloading the hpHP Ssmart app, connecting your printer to the device, and start using it.
UNBOXING THE HP PRINTER
- Unwrap the HP printer package.
- Take out all the necessary documents and accessories from the package.
- Carefully lift the printer with both hands from the box and place it on a flat, stable surface.
- Remove any protective tape, cardboard, and other packing materials from the printer’s exterior.
- Make sure that there are no protective covers inside the printer.
CONNECTING THE POWER CORD AND TURNING ON
- Connect your HP printer to any grounded electrical socket using the supplied power cord.
- Your printer might automatically turn on. If it doesn’t turn on, press down the Power button to turn it on.
SETTING UP HP PRINTER USING HP SMART APP
Here, we will see how to set up your HP printer using the HP Smart app in Windows 10.
Download HP Smart App
- Scroll down this page till you reach the Download button.
- This button will be located next to the HP Smart app.
- Click on this button to download the app on your computer.
Install HP Smart App
After you have downloaded the app, install it on your computer using the on-screen instructions.
Adding A Printer To Your Computer
- First, launch the HP Smart app on your Windows 10 computer.
- Next, click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- You will be asked to share your app usage data with HP.
- If you agree, choose Yes, or else No.
- Now, access your printer’s control panel.
- Choose your country, language, and other settings.
- Connect your HP printer to the same wireless network as your computer.
- Return to the app’s home screen and click Add a Printer.
- If your printer is detected, click on it.
- Else, choose the Set Up a New Printer option.
- Now, click on your HP printer model from the new list.
- Select Continue.
- When the Access Wi-Fi password for HomeNetwork screen appears, click Continue.
- Now, your printer is ready to print from your computer.
- Next, the app prompts you to install the cartridges.
Ink Cartridges Installation
- Open the printer’s cartridge access door.
- Unwrap the ink cartridges.
- Remove any protective tape from the ink cartridges.
- Position the cartridge against its slot and insert it carefully.
- Push the cartridge until it clicks.
- Repeat the steps to install all the cartridges.
- Once done, close the access door and continue the setup process.
Once you have finished installing the cartridges, the HP Smart app will prompt you to load the paper into your printer. So, carry out the following instructions to do the same.
- Pull the paper tray out carefully and slide the paper guides away.
- Insert a stack of white A4 or Letter size paper. Adjust the paper guides according to the loaded paper size.
- Or, insert a stack of original HP Photo Paper into the photo paper tray.
- Push the tray back to its place.
You have successfully installed the cartridges and loaded the required paper. And, now you are all set to use your HP printer.
PRINTING USING THE HP SMART APP
- Launch the HP Smart app on your computer.
- On the app’s main screen, click on the Print Document option.
- Now, choose the file you want to print.
- Once selected, you will see the preview of your file.
- Select the Print settings option if you want to change any print job settings.
- After completing the settings, click the Print button.
You will now receive the printed document from your HP printer.For any queries related to the HP Smart app, contact us and get your questions answered. We hope you enjoy the HP printer and HP Smart app functionalities.