Setting up the 123.hp.com/oj150 printer is an easy task. Take the printer and its accessories one by one from the shipment and clear all the packing materials from the device. With the electrical cord, bridge the printer with a power source and power on the machine. On the Start screen, set the default language and other preferences. Do not link the printer to a network/USB source until you install the printer drivers.
How to setup HP Officejet 150 printer
- Read the OfficeJet 150 printer manual to learn about the supported paper types. Select what you are going to print and get the papers for your print job.
- Spread them on a flat surface and ensure that the papers are free from wrinkles and curls. Pull the input tray towards you and slide the paper guides outward to their maximum limit.
- Keep the paper stack on the tray and move the guides inward until they recline on the stack. Push the tray inside the 123.hp.com/oj150 printer.
- Lift the scanner cover and the cartridge access door. Halt until the carriage moves to the left and turns idle. Open the covers of the ink slots.
- Remove the new cartridges from their covers and detach the protective tapes from the cartridges. Check if there are leaks from the cartridges and replace them, if necessary.
- Put the tricolor ink cartridge into the ink slot on the right and the black ink cartridge into the black slot on the right. Close the cartridge access panel.
HP Officejet 150 printer
Driver & Manual Download
The printer is accompanied by a driver installation CD that contains the basic driver package for the printer. Clicking on the download button on the left downloads the full feature driver for the HP OfficeJet 150 printer in .exe format. Other than the printed copy of the manual, you can also get the documented version of the same and use it for references. Click the button on your right to download the manual.
HP Officejet 150 printer USB connection
While installing the printer driver on the computer, choose the USB Setup mode for connecting the printer via a USB cable. Ensure that the USB cable is not linked to the printer until the driver installation is done successfully.
How to connect HP Officejet 150 with USB cable
- Ensure that the USB cable you have measures less than three meters in length.
- The data transfer will be faster if you connect the cable to a USB 3.0 slot.
- Ensure that the printer is in a ready state and then plug the square-end to a USB port at the rear of the 123.hp.com/oj150 printer.
- On the other hand, insert the rectangle-end to a USB 3.0 slot (if available) on the laptop you are using.
- Wait for a message “Device drivers installed successfully” on the laptop. Start printing after the message disappears.
HP Officejet 150 Bluetooth setup
Link the OfficeJet 150 printer to your smartphone using the Bluetooth feature. The Bluetooth is similar to the Wireless mechanism. When you connect the printer to the smartphone via Bluetooth for the first time, both the devices undergo pairing. During this process, a security code pops on the smartphone which you have to enter on the printer.
How to connect HP Officejet 150 via Bluetooth
- Access the Settings menu on the smartphone and navigate to the Bluetooth menu. Tap the toggle switch and wait until the Bluetooth is activated.
- Touch the Bluetooth icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Wait for a few seconds and the list of Bluetooth devices appears on the mobile. Select the one with your printer name or model number and touch it.
- A 4-digit or 6-digit security code displays on the smartphone.
- Type the code on the printer’s keypad and tap the OK icon.
- The Bluetooth icon appears on the smartphone after the connection is established.
How to reset HP Officejet 150 printer
Ensure that the device is turned on. Wait until the printer turns idle before you proceed. Detach the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If the printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected. Open the cartridge access door and take the ink cartridges out of the printer. With the printer in a ready state, disconnect the power cord from the printer’s power port and the wall outlet. Wait for at least a minute. Re-plug the electrical cord into the wall outlet. Reattach the other end of the cord to the power port at the rear of the printer. If the 123.hp.com/oj150 printer does not power on automatically, long pressing the Power button should turn it on. The printer goes through a warm-up process with the lights on the access panel flashing and the carriage moving rapidly. Wait until the process is completed. Reinsert the ink cartridges into the slots and close the ink cartridge access door. If the printer prompts to print a calibration page, do it by following the on-screen instructions. Reconnect the USB to the printer and try to print. Check if the issue is fixed. If the error persists, service the printer.
HP Officejet 150 troubleshooting
Communication problems, print quality issues, paper jam error, and offline error are the most common problems occurring on the HP OfficeJet 150 printer. Follow the steps below and troubleshoot the problem on your own. In case you could not fix an error, try factory resetting the 123.hp.com/oj150 printer after taking note of the print settings.