123.hp.com/oj3830 Printer Setup
Commence the 123.hp.com/oj3830 setup by unboxing the printer, taking it out of the box, and placing it on a flat surface. Download & install the printer driver on your computer. Connect your printer and computer and get connected to the wireless network.
HP Officejet 3830 Setup
Cut the tape on top of the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 and remove the printer from it.
how to install hp officejet 3830 printer
- Refer to the pamphlet that came in the printer box to learn about the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer and the components that come in the box.
- Take the driver installation CD that came in the package and set it aside.
- Take the printer that is surrounded by cardboard out of the box and set it aside.
- Remove the packing materials that are in and around the device and set it aside.
- Peel off the blue tapes from the front rear and sides of the printer.
- Open the paper feeder, scanner glass, and output tray and remove the packing materials that are inside.
- Use the power cord that came in the printer package to connect the device to a wall outlet and power on the printer.
Download HP Officejet 3830 Driver and Manual
The printer driver and manual for the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer can be done from this site. Look for the driver download buttons on this page and select a suitable one. You can get a soft copy of the manual by selecting the manual download button. Read more…
HP officejet 3830 wireless setup
The wireless setup lets you connect a smartphone to the printer and print. Perform the Officejet 3830 wireless setup by going with the steps given below. Read more…
how to install ink cartridge in HP officejet 3830
Installing ink cartridges is an easy task, just carry forward the instructions given in the below topic to perform the same.
how to replace ink cartridge on hp officejet 3830
- Replacing an ink cartridge is better than refilling them as it can lead to several 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer related issues.
- The printer needs to remain turned on to replace the cartridge.
- Gently open the access door of the officejet 3830 printer and wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Locate the cartridge that needs replacement.
- Press it gently to unlock it.
- Remove the cartridge and discard it.
- Place the new cartridge into the slot.
- Ascertain that the color of the cartridge is the same as that of the one on the slot.
how to load paper in HP officejet 3830
- Loading paper in the HP officejet 3830 printer is simple, just go with the steps given below.
- For printing, open the paper input tray and drag its extender out.
- Load suitable paper into the tray.
- Look for suitable paper by referring to the user manual of the printer.
- For scanning, load paper into the ADF such that the printed side faces upward.
- Else, place the paper into the input tray of the printer with its printed side facing down.
how to Print on HP officejet 3830
- Ascertain the printer is turned on a ready to go.
- Load paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Ensure that your printer and computer are linked together. Open the HP printer application on your computer.
- Select the Properties dialog box and then choose Printer options.
- Choose either Portrait or landscape on the Layout tab.
- Select the Paper/Quality tab and then select the Media drop-down list.
- Close the Properties dialog box after selecting OK.
- The page gets printed, collect it from the output tray.
how to scan on HP officejet 3830
Refer to the steps below to perform a scan on the HP Officejet 3830 printer.
- Load the original either on the scanner glass or into the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- If loading into the scanner glass, make sure the printed side faces down.
- Your 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer and computer are preferences in order to complete the setup process as well.
- Place it on the front right corner of the platen. Tap Scan on the display panel and then select the computer to which you want to send the scan.
how to copy on HP officejet 3830
The steps on how to copy using the HP officejet 3830 printer are provided below. Just perform them accordingly.
- Keep the original to be copied on the scanner platen.
- Ascertain that the printed side faces down and is placed on the front right corner of the glass.
- Ensure that paper is present in the input tray.
- Tap Copy on the Home screen.
- Specify the number of copies using the keypad.
- You can customize the copy job settings by re-sizing, actual, fit to page or custom.
- The contrast of the copy can also be adjusted accordingly.
- Select either Start Black or Start color to commence the copy job.
how to fax on HP officejet 3830
The steps for how to fax on the HP officejet 3830 are provided below, perform them accordingly.
- The printer must be linked to an active phone line before you transmit the fax.
- Load the original into the automatic document feeder.
- Make sure the printed side faces up.
- Select Fax from the home screen and then tap Send Now.
- Choose Enter Fax number and use the on-screen keypad to enter the recipient’s fax number and select OK.
- Select Black or Color to transmit the fax to the recipient.
- You can also send the fax using your computer.
HP OfficeJet 3830 troubleshooting
Troubleshooting deals with resolving printer issues by performing certain simple steps. You can overcome various printer issues by following the steps rather than taking your printer and running to a technician. Read more..
Will not copy or scan
This 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer issue will arise if the scanner glass is damaged or the scanner laser malfunctions. Carry forward the steps given below to resolve the issue.
Will not print color
This issue occurs if the cartridges run out of ink or due to a carriage malfunction. Perform the solutions below to resolve the issue.
This page provides an insight on how to setup the officejet 3830 printer, perform the first time setup process, complete the printer connection, install an appropriate driver, get the manual and replace cartridges. It has instructions on how to scan, fax, copy, and print easily. This site also provides certain solutions to some common issues that occur on your computer. Solutions for how to issues related to scanning, faxing, and printing are given. For 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer further guidance, you can contact our technical experts by selecting the Click to call button.