123.hp.com/oj8702 Printer Setup
HP OfficeJet 8702 is a dynamic wireless printer. Setting up the device can be done quickly with the instructions provided on our site. The setup process involves unpacking the 123.hp.com/oj8702 printer and its accessories, bridging the printer with a power supply, inserting papers & ink cartridges into the printer, installing the printer drivers, and linking the printer to a network connection.
HP OfficeJet 8702 First Time Printer Setup
- Unload the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer and its accessories from the box.
- TChoose an area that has sufficient space to accommodate your printer & laptop.
- Lay the 123.hp.com/oj8702 printer and its components on the chosen location.
- Eliminate all the packing materials from the printer.
- Bridge the printer with a power source using the power cable and turn it on.
- Sort your preferences on the printer’s home screen accordingly.
- Load the paper tray and the photo tray with compatible sheets.
- Put both black and tricolor ink cartridges into their ink slots.
- Install the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer drivers using the installation CD.
- Set up the printer over a USB, wired or wireless network connection.
Download HP Officejet 8702
Driver & Manual
The HP OfficeJet 8702 printer supports both basic and full feature drivers. Use the installation disc accompanied by the printer to install the printer’s basic driver package. Install printer drivers by following a guided procedure. If the CD is not present, you can download the driver files using the download link provided on our site. After installing the basic drivers, you can perform print, copy, scan, and fax functions from the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer.Read More
HP OfficeJet 8702 wireless setup
Set up the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer on a wireless network using the printer’s built-in Wireless function or the HP Wireless Direct software.Read More
How to print on HP OfficeJet 8702 Printer
Print one or more copies of an original document, photo, or a new Word file from the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer.
- Bridge the 123.hp.com/oj8702 printer to a power source and power it on.
- Link the printer and your laptop over a USB/network connection.
- Load a document that you want to print on your laptop.
- Click File > Print and then pick your HP printer model.
- The Print Preview window displays on the upcoming screen.
- Make changes if required, under the Print Settings menu.
- Click Apply > OK > Print at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the output tray for the printed document.
HP OfficeJet 8702 Print Mirror Image
- Select a file that you want to print as a mirror image and open it on your laptop.
- Download and install reliable graphics software on your computer.
- Launch the software and fill the necessary credentials to log in.
- Minimize the file that is open and load it using the downloaded software.
- Locate and click the Edit option on the software’s home screen.
- Click the Flip Horizontal, Mirror Image, Reverse, or Rotate option.
- Wait until the preview window displays a rough copy of the design.
- When the desired layout displays, click Apply, and then OK.
- Click Print and choose your HP printer model from the list.
- Wait for a while and the design prints as a mirror image.
How to Copy on HP OfficeJet 8702 printer
Copy both single and multi-page documents using the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer’s dynamic copy functions.
- Remove the previously loaded papers from the 8740 printer’s scanner lid.
- Keep the document that you want to copy with the print side facing down on the flatbed scanner.
- Using the edge handles and lower the scanner lid.
- Ensure that the lid rests on the document entirely.
- Load the printer’s paper tray with a stack of good quality papers.
- Touch the Copy icon on the printer’s access panel and set the number of copies.
- Tap the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black icon as per your requirements.
- Wait for a while and the documents copy from the printer.
How to Scan from HP OfficeJet 8702 printer
- Use the printer’s power cord to connect the printer to an electrical source.
- Switch on the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer and the wireless router.
- Associate the printer and the computer with the router using the Wi-Fi feature or an Ethernet cable.
- If it is a USB mode of connection, link the printer directly to your computer using the USB cable accompanied by the 123.hp.com/oj8702 printer.
- Print a network test report from the printer. Note down the IP address and the SSID printed on the test page.
- Launch a browser on the computer, type the IP address in the search bar, and press the Enter button.
- Load the doc to be scanned on the scanner glass. Expand the Home menu on the EWS homepage on your computer.
- Click the Scan option from the drop-down tab and wait until the doc scans and displays on your computer’s screen.
How to Fax from HP OfficeJet 8702 printer
Before initiating faxing on the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer, get the recipient’s details such as the caller id, telephone number, and the recipient’s To address.
- Load the document that you want to fax into the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) tray.
- You can load both single and multi-page documents in the ADF tray.
- Connect the telephone cord to the phone slot on your printer.
- Tap the Send, Black, or Color icon to initiate the fax job.
- Type the receiver’s fax or telephone number on the printer’s keypad.
- Make sure to include the area code, outside line access code, and the long distance country code.
- If you are dialing using speed-dial, ensure that the saved number has required pauses between dials.
- If you hear a busy signal, then the receiver’s fax phone is busy with another task.
- Wait until you hear high-pitched sounds.
- Check the receiver for the faxed document.
How to Connect OJ 8702 to Laptop
- Connect the OJ 8702 printer to a power outlet and turn it on.
- Switch on your laptop and ensure both the devices are close.
- Attach one end of the USB cable into the printer’s USB slot.
- Plug the rectangle-end to a USB port on the laptop.
- Make sure to install the printer drivers before initiating the USB setup.
- The laptop displays a notification stating Installing Device Driver.
- Wait for a while and the device driver installation completes.
- Click OK on the Confirmation window that pops up on the next screen.
HP Officejet 8702 Printer Troubleshooting
Common issues that the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer encounters are printer offline error, carriage/paper jam error, driver download & installation problems, wireless/wired/USB connection error, and printer not printing. To resolve the above-mentioned issues, perform the troubleshooting solutions provided on our site. Click the Read More link below to redirect to the Troubleshooting page. You can also contact our technical support using the Toll-free number (provided on our site) for further assistance. Also, refer to the user manual for a detailed description of the errors along with their support codes.Read More
Ink Cartridge Problem
Replace the depleted ink cartridges and check the printhead alignment.
The reasons for the above-mentioned problems are many. Some of them are ink cartridge problem, paper jam error, and connection issues.
Uninstall and reinstall the HP OfficeJet 8702 printer drivers.
This page provides instructions on how to setup your brand new HP oj 100 mobile printer for first-time use, install ink cartridges, install the driver, establish the connection between your 123.hp.com/oj8702 printer and computer via Bluetooth or USB, and start printing. It also contains instructions to overcome errors such as cleaning printhead problem, paper feed issues, not connecting to Bluetooth, and unable to load photo paper. You can refer to the solutions on this site to resolve certain common issues with your printer. If not, our techies are here to help you solve errors, just contact them.