Unload the 123.hp.com/dj2640 printer and its components from the package. Discard all the packing materials and using the power cable, connect the printer to an electrical source. Put the ink cartridges into the ink slots and load papers into the paper input tray. Get the drivers and software for the printer and install them. Set up the printer over a network or USB source.
How to Setup HP DeskJet 2640 Printer
- Ensure that the ink cartridges accompanied by the printer are delivered without damage and leaks. In case of any leaks or damages in the cartridges, quote the seller to replace the package.
- Associate the 123.hp.com/dj2640 printer with a reliable electrical outlet using the power cord and power up the printer. Lift the top cover and hold it steady. Do not continue further until the cartridge holder turns idle.
- Take the new ink cartridge (black) out of its packing. Hold it on the sides and remove the orange-colored protective tab from the cartridge without touching the ink nozzles and the copper contacts.
- Place the cartridge into the black ink slot on your right. Redo the same method for the tri-color ink cartridge to insert it into the tri-color ink slot on the left. Lower the top cover.
- Wait until the printer self-aligns the cartridges. The printer displays a message stating Genuine Ink Cartridges Installed.
- Link your computer to an ISP that has an active and strong internet connection. Identify the driver download link on this site, click on it, and halt for a few seconds.
- Select a destination folder to download and save the setup file. Halt until the file saves in the designated folder. Browse the folder, right-click the file, and select the Properties menu.
- Access the Compatibility tab and check whether the downloaded driver is suited for the operating system currently installed on the computer you are using. Quit the Compatibility menu and double-click the setup file. Select Yes on the upcoming pop-up window.
- Go with the instructions on-screen and proceed to the final step. Do not shut off the system in the middle. Click the check-box named I agree to the Terms & Conditions and connect the 123.hp.com/setup 2640 printer and the computer via a USB cord.
HP Deskjet 2640
Locate and click on the Windows or Mac driver download link to download the driver for the current version of the OS installed on your computer.
HP Deskjet 2640 wireless setup
Set up the HP Deskjet 2620 printer over a wireless network using the built-in Wireless function of the printer.
How to Print Double sided on HP DeskJet 2640
Refer to the printer’s manual to know if it supports automatic duplexing.
- Load the paper tray with sufficient blank sheets to avoid page ordering issues and finish the print job entirely.
- On your computer or laptop, open the document or photo that you want to print on both sides.
- Click the Print option from the File menu’s drop-down tab. Single-click your 123.hp.com/dj2640 printer model from the list displayed on the screen.
- Locate and expand the Printing Properties tab. The Printing Preferences Document Properties window pops up.
- Search for the Printing shortcuts tab and click the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option.
- If the Printing shortcuts tab is not present, go to the bottom of the screen and expand the Layout menu.
- Select the Two-sided printing menu and then choose between binding or page flip option.
- Single-click Apply > OK > Print. The printer prints on one side pulls the page back, and then prints on the other side.
HP Deskjet 2640 Troubleshooting
Rectify the HP DeskJet 2640 printer’s errors by following the instructions below.
In case the steps provided below fail to resolve a recurring error, perform a hard reset on the printer.
The HP DeskJet 2640 printer’s information is inscribed on the 123-hp.chat HP DeskJet 2640 All-in-One Printer page. A set of instructions required to set up the 123.hp.com/dj2640 printer is provided on this page. Also, procedure to download and install the printer software as well as the Driver Download link are furnished briefly.