The HP DeskJet 3420 printer setup process involves unloading the printer and its components from the box, connecting the 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer to an electrical outlet, sorting the preferences, inserting the ink cartridges, loading papers into the paper tray, and installing the printer software.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 3420 Printer
- Unpack the HP DeskJet 3420 printer package by taking the 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer and its components out of the box. Remove the printer from the polystyrene cover. Lay the printer and the components on a flat and strong surface.
- Ensure that the selected area has sufficient space to accommodate your laptop and has a wall power socket near it. Eliminate all the stickers, tapes, and other packing materials from the printer.
- Insert the plug-end of the power cord into the power port at the printer’s rear and the socket-end to the wall electrical outlet. Press & hold the printer’s Power button and release it when the home screen appears.
- Choose your language and then sort the other preferences accordingly. Open the front panel and lower it. Wait until the carriage turns idle and locate the cartridge assembly.
- Remove the ink cartridges from their packing and check for smears and leaks. Detach the protective tapes on the cartridges. Hold the cartridges on the plastic region and put them into the designated ink slots.
- Pull the paper input tray and slide the paper width guides outward to their maximum extent. Load the main input tray with a stack of blank paper. Slide the paper guides inward until they recline on the stack. Move the tray inside the 123.hp.com/setup 3420 printer.
Download HP Dj 3420
Driver & Manual
Use the HP DeskJet 3420 printer’s setup disk to get the basic driver for the printer. If you are searching for the full feature driver package, make use of the driver download link on this site to download the package. Before that, check whether the printer supports the full feature driver version. Download the HP DeskJet 3420 printer manual using the Manual Download link provided on our site.
HP Deskjet 3420 wireless setup
During the installation of the printer driver, choose the Wireless Setup as the connection mode to bring the printer online. Press the Wi-Fi button on the printer’s access panel and wait until the Wireless light turns into orange color. Power up the router and wait for a few seconds. Once the 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer connects to the router, the light changes into blue color.
HP DeskJet 3420 How to print
- Make sure to load appropriate plain papers into the paper input tray.
- Choose a document to print and open it on the laptop you are using.
- Click the File menu and select the Print option from the drop-down tab.
- Choose your 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer name from the list and click on it.
- The doc prints from the printer.
HP DeskJet 3420 How to copy
- Pull the paper tray and load A4 sheets or photo papers into it.
- Elevate the scanner lid and keep the doc to be copied on the scanner glass.
- Remove the previously loaded papers from the tray.
- Load the document with the print side facing down.
- Tap the Start Black Copy button to generate black copies.
- Use the Start Color Copy button to make color copies.
- You can schedule a copy job later or set the number of copies.
How to Scan HP Deskjet 3420
Link the 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer to a reliable wall power source and power it up. Activate your wireless router that is linked to a network source.
- Touch the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Bridge the printer’s Wi-Fi to your wireless router.
- Connect the laptop that you use to the same wireless network source.
- Load the scanner with the document to be scanned.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the scan button.
- The printer pulls the sheet inside, scans it, and pushes it outside.
- After the scan completes, the scanned copy displays on the laptop’s screen.
- Click on Save at the bottom to download and save the doc.
- Other scanning functionalities can be performed from the HP DeskJet 3420 printer. They are Scan to Computer, Scan to email, Scan to a network folder.
HP Deskjet 3420 Scan to Computer
- Use the power cable accompanied by the printer to connect it to a wall power source. Switch on the printer and power up your wireless router.
- Associate the printer and the computer with the router using the Wi-Fi feature or an Ethernet cable.
- If it is a USB mode of connection, link the printer directly to your computer using the USB cable accompanied by the 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer.
- Print a network test report from the printer. Note down the IP address and the SSID printed on the test page.
- Type the IP address in the search bar, and press the Enter button.
- Load the doc to be scanned on the scanner glass. Expand the Home menu on the EWS homepage on your computer.
- Click the Scan option from the drop-down tab and wait until the doc scans and displays on your computer screen.
HP DeskJet 3420 troubleshooting
The HP DeskJet 3420 printer encounters slight issues and malfunctions due to mishandling and using non-HP products. The problems can be easily overcome with the troubleshooting steps provided on this site. The information provided below is a set of measures to be undertaken to troubleshoot various 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer queries.