The HP deskjet 3540 printer setup process needs to be performed properly. This is a very important step to perform before you start printing. Uncrate the 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer, remove the packing materials, establish a power connection, install cartridges, and print a test page.
How to unbox HP Deskjet 3540
- Open the flaps on the 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer package after cutting the tape on top.
- Take the accessories out of the printer package and palace them aside.
- Pull the package to remove the printer out.
- The Styrofoam packing at the sides of the 123.hp.com/setup 3540 printer needs to be taken out.
- Tear the plastic cover of the device and peel the tape stuck on it.
- Link the plug end of the power cable to a wall outlet.
- Attach the inlet end to the rear of the printer and push the power button.
- Open the access door of the 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer and wait until the carriage moves to the replacement spot.
- Install the cartridges into the respective slot and close the access door.
- This completes the 123.hp.com/setup 3540 process.
Download HP Deskjet 3540
Driver & Manual
Obtain the latest version of the Deskjet 3540 printer driver from this site by clicking the Driver download button. Click the Manual download button on this site to get a soft copy of the manual.
HP Deskjet 3540 wireless setup
Set up the HP Deskjet 3540 printer over a wireless network using the built-in Wireless function of the printer.
123 HP Deskjet 3540 Mobile Printing Setup
Perform printing via ePrint, AirPrint, and mopria via the Deskjet 3540 printer. Follow the steps given in the below topics to setup mobile printing on the Deskjet 3540.
HP Deskjet 3540 Ink Cartridge
Compatible ink cartridges need to be installed on your 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer. If not, it will lead to print quality issues and printer malfunction in the long run. Visit the manufacturer’s site to get information regarding cartridges that are compatible with the Deskjet 3540.
HP Deskjet 3540 Ink cartridge replacement
- Open the access door of the printer and press the cartridge. Remove the cartridge.
- Purchase a cartridge that is compatible with the printer. Remove the packing material surrounding the cartridge.
- Remove the cartridge from the package.
- Push it until a click sound is heard.
- Shut the access door of the 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer.
- Discard the old cartridge.
How to change Ink in HP Deskjet 3540
- You need to monitor the ink level of your cartridge periodically and change them if required.
- Replace the cartridge by performing the steps that are given above.
- Check the ink levels using the steps given below.
How to Check ink levels on HP Deskjet 3540
- Use the HP Instant Ink software on your computer to check the ink level of the cartridge.
- You can also use HP Printer Assistant to do the same.
- Select the Ink icon on the display panel of the 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer and tap View Estimated Level.
- If the level of ink falls below the recommended level, make sure to replace the cartridge.
HP Deskjet 3540 Printer Functions Guidelines
The printer functions of the Deskjet 3540 printer include printing, scanning, and copying. Get assistance on how to perform the process by referring to the steps given in the topics below.
How to Factory reset HP Deskjet 3540
- Make sure to turn on the printer before performing a reset.
- Note the settings of your printer as the settings will be restored once the process is complete.
- Now disassociate the power cable from the Deskjet 3540 printer’s rear.
- Wait for a minute.
- Now re-attach the cable to the printer and wait until it turns on immediately.
- If it doesn’t turn on, press the Power button.
- Once the printer turns on, the reset process is complete.
How to Update HP Deskjet 3540 Firmware
- The printer firmware needs to be up to date.
- Update the firmware using the options given on the printer’s control panel.
- You can also perform the same using the HP Utility tool.
- To do so using the tool, connect the printer and computer together.
- Check if the printer and computer are linked together and perform the setup.
HP Deskjet 3540 Troubleshooting
Do troubleshooting on the Deskjet 3540 printer by going with the instructions that are given in the below. By doing so, you can overcome issues like printer offline, not printing, not printing in black, clear the carriage jam, no toner error, and unable to print words.
Get instructions to perform the printer set up, driver installation, wireless setup process, and mobile printing on this page. You can also get instructions for performing a firmware update, resetting the printer, and other operations as well. Get solutions to resolve 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer not printing properly, carriage jam, not printing documents and printing black symbols on this page. For further assistance, press the Click to Call button.