The HP Deskjet 3636 printer setup process is no rocket science. The setup process involves uncrating the printer, removing the packing materials that surround it, establishing the power connection, and installing ink cartridges. Just go with the steps given below to perform the 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer setup.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 3636 printer
- Uncrate the Deskjet 3636 printer.
- Look for the accessories in the 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer package and set them aside.
- Discard the packing materials that surround the printer.
- The plug end of the power cord needs to be attached to the wall outlet.
- Attach the other end to the rear of the printer.
- Locate the power button on the front side of the 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer and push it.
- The 123.hp.com/setup 3636 printer turns on.
- Look for the opening in front and open the carriage access door.
- Insert the cartridges into the printer and push it until a click sound is heard.
HP Deskjet 3636
Click either the Driver for Mac or Driver for Windows button on this site to get the driver installer file on your computer. Refer to the steps below to perform the driver download on your computer. Check the internet speed of your router. If not, get in touch with your ISP for further assistance.
HP Deskjet 3636 wireless setup
Set up the HP Deskjet 3636 printer over a wireless network using the built-in Wireless function of the printer.
HP Deskjet 3636 Cartridge
The cartridges that are compatible with the 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer are HP Ink Advantage 680 tri color and Black and white. Obtain the genuine cartridge from the manufacturer or get them from a local retailer. The ink cartridge levels need to be checked periodically and low cartridges need to be replaced. It is recommended to replace the cartridges instead of refilling them.
HP Deskjet 3636 Ink replacement
- The printer needs to remain turned on while replacing the ink cartridges.
- Wait for the carriage to get to the replacement position.
- Now remove the empty cartridge from the slot.
- Old cartridges need to be recycled for future use.
- Purchase a genuine cartridge that is compatible with your 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer.
- Take the cartridge out from the package.
- Before inserting the cartridge, you need to remove the tape that covers the cartridge contacts.
- Push the cartridge inside until a click sound is heard.
HP Deskjet 3636 double sided printing
- Perform Double sided printing or duplex printing on the Deskjet 3636 by going with the instructions that are given below.
- Before performing duplex printing, open the HP Printer software on your computer.
- Select File -> Print -> Properties.
- Right click the 3636 icon on the Printers folder and click Printer Preferences.
- Now select the Finishing tab and choose Print on Both Sides.
- Make changes to the desired settings and select OK.
How to scan on HP Deskjet 3636
The process of scanning on the HP Deskjet 3636 printer is simple. Install the latest printer software on your computer. The document to be scanned needs to be placed on the scanner platen after lifting the scanner lid. The original needs to be placed in a manner that the printed side faces down. This printer supports scan to computer and multiple page scanning.
How to connect to HP Deskjet 3636
- Obtain the power cord of the printer cable from the printer package.
- Attach the plug end of the power cable to a wall outlet.
- Link the other end to the inlet port of the 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer and turn it on.
- Download and install the updated printer driver from this site.
- During installation, select the connection type when prompted.
- You need to establish either a wireless or USB connection and start printing.
- This links your printer and computer or smartphone.
How to connect HP Deskjet 3636 to computer
You can perform the connection via a wired or wireless method.
- Obtain the USB cable in the printer box.
- Commence the driver installation process on the computer.
- The installer will prompt you to select a connection type, select USB.
- The square end of the USB cord needs to be linked to the rear of the 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer.
- Connect the trident end of the cable to the computer’s USB port.
- The connection gets established, and the printer gets added to the list of devices in your computer.
- Perform the driver installation on the computer and select Wireless when asked to select a connection type.
- Your 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer, router, and computer need to be placed close to each other.
- Push the Wireless button on the printer’s control panel.
- Link the computer to a nearby wireless network.
- Perform the instructions given by the installer, and the setup completes.
- Confirm the connection by checking if the Wireless light blinks.
HP Deskjet 3636 Troubleshooting
Get instructions to resolve the printer not printing issue, not scanning issue, not connecting to Wi-Fi, and resetting the printer on this page. Refer to the solutions given below to resolve certain common issues with the printer. If you need further assistance, contact our support team.
Get assistance in performing the first-time printer setup, printing, and scanning by referring to the steps given on this page. Refer to the topics given here to obtain instructions to perform wireless setup and mobile printing. Resolve most 123.hp.com/dj3636 printer issues by going through the troubleshooting section on this page. For further assistance, call our techies by pressing the Click to Call button.