123.hp.com/dj5820 Printer Setup
Unboxing the 123.hp.com/dj5820 printer is the first phase. Clear all the packing materials from the printer is the next stage. Using the power cord, bridge the printer with an electrical source. Load sufficient plain paper into the paper tray and place the ink cartridges in the cartridge assembly.
How to Unbox HP Deskjet GT 5820
- Keep the package on a flat surface and take the printer’s accessories from the box. Remove the device from the Styrofoam packing and discard all the packing materials from the 123.hp.com/dj5820 printer.
- Remove the cardboard pieces from inside the printer. Send the packing materials for the recycling process. Take the electrical cord and plug the pin-end to the power port at the rear of the printer.
- Power up the 123.hp.com/setup 5820 printer by long pressing the Power button and select your Language on the Welcome screen.. Take a stack of plain paper and load the input tray with the stack. Make sure to align the paper guides to hold the papers firmly.
- Remove the protective tapes from the ink cartridges and put the cartridges into the designated ink slots. Use the printer’s setup disk to install the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer drivers on the computer you are using.
Download HP DeskJet GT 5820
Driver & Manual
Use the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer’s setup disk to get the basic driver for the printer. If you are searching for the full feature driver package, make use of the driver download link on this site to download the package. Before that, check whether the printer supports the full feature driver version. Download the HP DeskJet 5820 printer manual using the Manual Download link provided on our site.
HP DeskJet GT 5820 wireless setup
During the installation of the printer driver, choose the Wireless Setup as the connection mode to bring the printer online. Press the Wi-Fi button on the printer’s access panel and wait until the Wireless light turns into orange color. Power up the router and wait for a few seconds. Once the 123.hp.com/dj5820 printer connects to the router, the light changes into blue color.
HP DeskJet GT 5820 wireless setup for Windows
Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the Wireless light flashes. Turn on the router and change the security mode from None/WEP to WPS. Open a browser on the computer and navigate to the router configuration menu. Expand the ‘Wireless Settings’ tab under the Home menu. Click the ‘Basic Security Settings’ option on the left side of the screen. Slide the toggle button under the ‘Turn Wireless On’ menu. The WPS indication light changes from orange to blue color. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click ‘Apply’ to activate the WPS and connect.
HP Deskjet 5820 Mobile Printing Setup
The HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer is embedded with dynamic mobile printing functions. Connect the printer to a smartphone through the HP Smart app, Apple AirPrint, ePrint, and Bluetooth feature.
HP Deskjet GT 5820 AirPrint setup
Apple AirPrint is an inbuilt wireless printing feature for devices that operate on iOS. With the AirPrint software, you can print from all the iOS apps that have a print feature.
On the Apple device, ensure that the Wi-Fi is active and there is a tick-mark next to your local wireless network. Check the network connection status by printing a test report or tap the Wireless icon or access the Network Settings menu to view the network connection status. If the 123.hp.com/dj5820 printer connects to the network, start printing from the Apple device.
HP DeskJet GT 5820 Ink Cartridge replacement
Lift the top cover of the printer. Power up the printer and halt until the carriage moves to the right. Open the lids of the ink slots and remove any cardboard pieces. Take the cartridges and remove the protective tapes from them. Put the black ink cartridge into the black ink slot on the right. Place the tricolor ink cartridge into the tricolor slot on the left. Lower the top cover and the printer self-aligns the cartridges.
How to check ink levels on HP DeskJet GT 5820
Take the ink cartridges out of the ink slots and ensure that the level is above the normal. Use the Ink drop icon on the printer’s access panel to check the ink level. Download and install the HP Printer Assistant tool on the computer. Add the 123.hp.com/dj5820 printer to the printer queue from the utility tool. Expand the Home menu and select Check Ink Levels from the list. The estimated level of the ink cartridges displays on the screen. If the ink cartridges are depleted, replace them with genuine ones. Make sure to put the ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
HP Deskjet 5820 Printer Functions
HP DeskJet 5820 is an All-in-One printer programmed to print, copy, and scan. The printer is a multi-function one that can be connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable to a network. You can also opt for the USB setup mode.
How to Factory reset HP DeskJet GT 5820
- Some anonymous printer settings might modify the default printer driver. Click Start and expand the Search tab on your Windows computer. Type Devices in the search field and press Enter.
- Pick the Devices and Printers option from the list displayed on the screen. Right-click the HP printer that is active and select the Set as Default option from the drop-down menu.
- If you can print, the issue is resolved. If not, proceed with the next step. Power off the printer and wait for fifteen seconds. Remove the power cable from the printer.
- Switch off the computer or laptop that you use to print. If your printer is connected over a wireless network connection, disable the router’s power connection.
- Unplug the router’s power cable from the power outlet. Internet services may be interrupted when the router disables. Halt for few seconds and reestablish the router’s power connection.
- Wait until the network light on the router starts blinking. Reconnect the router to your Wireless Access Point. Reinsert the printer’s power cable to the power port at the rear of the 123.hp.com/dj5820 printer.
- This time, insert the socket-end to a wall power outlet. Ensure that the printer receives uninterrupted current flow. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it on. Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. Switch on your computer and reconnect it to the same wireless network to which the printer is connected.
How to update HP DeskJet GT 5820 Firmware
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and access the Products Update page.
- Type your printer model number or name in the Let’s identify your product to get started bar and click Search.
- Choose the version of the operating system currently installed on your laptop.
- Click on the Driver Download or Firmware tab. If the Firmware section does not appear, then there is no update for your 123.hp.com/setup 5820 printer.
- If the Downloads page appears, select the full feature driver package and click the check-box titled HP DeskJet GT 5820 firmware. Double-click on the downloaded file.
- Wait for a while and the HP Pinter Update window opens. Ensure that the displayed serial number match with the one on your printer.
- Click on the check-box next to the serial number and then select Update. The printer restarts after the update is completed.
HP DeskJet GT 5820 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting solutions for various errors recurring on the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer are given below. Follow these guidelines to resolve the printer’s functional and operational errors. Click on the Read More link to get a detailed description of the troubleshooting steps.
The 123.hp.com/dj5820 printer’s specifications and features are furnished on the 123-hp.chat HP DeskJet GT 5820 Printer page. Step-by-step instructions to set up and install the printer are inscribed on this page. Also, guidelines to download and install the printer drivers along with the Driver Download link are also provided.