Unload the shipment by taking the printer and other accessories out. Keep them on a table and discard all the cardboard pieces and other packing materials from the printer. Make the printer active by connecting it to an electrical source. Load the input tray with blank sheets and place the ink cartridges into the ink slots. Commence the driver installation process and link the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer to a network or USB hub.
How to Install HP Envy 5540 printer
- Begin the setup process by unpacking the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer package.
- Arrange them on a table with an electrical outlet near it.
- Using the power cable, provide power supply to the printer.
- Set the Language and then choose the preferences accordingly.
- Place a stack of blank sheets on the tray by pulling it out.
- Insert the cartridges accompanied by the 123.hp.com/setup 5540 printer into the slots.
- Get the latest version of the driver using the link on this site.
- Link the printer to a network/USB hub by following the necessary steps.
Download HP Envy 5540
Driver & Manual
The links to download the HP Envy 5540 full feature driver package and the HP Envy 5540 printer guidebook are given below. Click the links and be benefited with the same. You will get the latest version of the driver on our site. Click the Read More link to get info about how to download driver for Mac and Windows and also the installation procedure.
HP Envy 5540 Wireless setup
Set the HP Envy 5540 printer to online status by connecting it on a wireless network through the Wireless feature embedded with the printer. Click on the Learn More link below to get information on how to connect the printer to a wireless network and how to establish Wi-Fi Direct connection. Make sure to get the latest version of the HP Envy 5540 printer driver installed on the computer before commencing the wireless setup process.
HP Envy 5540 AirPrint setup
Make sure to detach the USB cable from the printer, if connected previously. Turn on your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer’s Wi-Fi feature after turning on the printer. Make sure to bridge it with your router that is connected to a WAP. Ensure that the WAP has a strong and active internet connection. Activate the Wi-Fi functionality on your Apple/Mac device. Link it to the same router to which the printer is connected.
How to Install Ink Cartridge in HP Envy 5540
The HP Envy 5540 printer is accompanied by a set of black and tricolor ink cartridges.
- Open the ink cartridge access door, i.e., lift the top cover of the printer.
- Power up the printer and halt until the carriage moves to the right.
- Open the lids of the ink slots and remove any cardboard pieces.
- Take the cartridges and remove the protective tapes from them.
- Put the black ink cartridge into the black ink slot on the right.
- Place the tricolor ink cartridge into the tricolor slot on the left.
- Close/Lower the top cover and the printer self-aligns the cartridges.
How to check Ink Levels on HP Envy 5540
Take the ink cartridges out of the ink slots and ensure that the level is above the normal.
- Use the Ink drop icon on the printer’s access panel to check the ink level.
- Download and install the HP Printer Assistant tool on the computer.
- Add the 123.hp.com/setup 5540 printer to the printer queue from the utility tool.
- Expand the Home menu and select Check Ink Levels from the list.
- The estimated level of the ink cartridges displays on the screen.
- If the ink cartridges are depleted, replace them with genuine ones.
- Make sure to put the ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
How to Replace Ink Cartridge HP Envy 5540
Remove the empty ink cartridges from the printer and follow instructions under the HP Envy 5540 ink cartridge installation and refill the ink slots with genuine cartridges.
How to Print on HP Envy 5540
Ensure that the printer’s paper tray is filled with enough plain papers to complete your print job. Make sure to connect the printer with the computer you are using. Open the document you want to print and click on the File menu. Select Print from the menu and then choose your printer model from the list to initiate the print job. Check the output tray for the printed copy.
How to Print on Photo Paper HP Envy 5540
- Power on your HP Envy 5540 printer to a wall power supply.
- Pull the paper tray and remove any blank papers from it.
- Extend the photo tray to the maximum limit.
- Place a stack of photo papers into the photo tray (Make sure to load papers that are compatible with the printer).
- Ensure that the non-print side of the papers faces down (the side with the HP logo are the non-print sides).
- Move the paper guides so that they recline on the paper stack.
- On your laptop, open the photo to be printed.
- Expand the View tab on top of the screen.
- Select either Windows Photo Viewer or Paint from the drop-down tab.
- Use the Customization tool to make changes in the photo.
- Click Apply > Print and then select your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer model and check the output tray for the printed photo.
How to Scan on HP Envy 5540
Elevate the scanner lid and place the document to be scanned on the glass. Lower the lid until it rests on the document. Tap the Scan icon on the printer’s key panel to initiate the scan job. To display the scanned document on the computer, use the HP Scan software. You can use the HP Smart app (Android & iOS) to set up the printer on a scan operation.
How to Scan multiple pages on HP Envy 5540
- Place the documents you want to scan into the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Launch the HP Scan and Capture application on the laptop.
- Click the Menu icon and access the Settings menu.
- Select the Select Device option under the Settings menu.
- On the screen, choose your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer model from the list.
- Click the Photo Scan Options or Document Scan Options.
- If required, make necessary changes under the Scan Settings menu.
- Right-click on the empty screen on the Settings page.
- Select the Capture Documents/Photos option from the drop-down menu.
- The scan completes and the documents displays on the computer screen.
HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting
The HP Envy 5540 printer encounters numerous issues. Some of them are printer not printing problem, offline issue, printer printing blank pages, and paper jam error. The reasons for these errors occurring on the printer are described below and you can find the steps to rectify the errors by clicking the Read More link.
The HP Envy 5540 printer’s specifications and features are furnished on the 123-hp.chat HP Envy 5540 Printer page. Step-by-step instructions to set up and install the printer are inscribed on this page. Also, guidelines to download and install the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer drivers along with the Driver Download link are also provided.