Unload the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer and its parts from the package. Discard all the packing materials and using the power cable, connect the printer to a power source. Insert the ink cartridges into the ink slots and load papers into the paper input tray. Get the drivers and software for the printer and install them. Set up the printer over a network or USB source.
How to Setup HP Envy 5661 Printer
- Break the seal and take the box out of the cover.
- Keep the box on a flat surface and take the printer’s accessories from the box.
- Remove the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer from the Styrofoam packing.
- Ensure that there is a power outlet near the chosen area.
- Eliminate all the blue-colored tapes and stickers from the printer.
- Use the power cable to link the printer to the power supply.
- Drag the input tray out and load it with plain sheets.
- Put both the ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Install the printer drivers using the driver installation disc.
- Make sure to install the files that are designed for your OS version.
- Associate the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer with a wireless network via the inbuilt Wi-Fi function.
- Initiate a print job and check if the output is reliable.
HP Envy 5661
Driver & Manual Download
HP Envy 5661 Wireless setup
Connect the HP Envy 5661 printer to a wireless network through the Wireless Setup Wizard, HP Auto Wireless Connect, or the built-in Wi-Fi function.
How to connect HP Envy 5661 to Wireless
Make use the Wireless Setup Wizard to set up the printer over a wireless network connection.
- Install the HP Envy 5661 printer driver on your laptop before initializing the Wireless setup process. Turn on the printer and navigate to the Control Panel menu.
- Scroll down the page and select the Wireless Settings tab. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option and wait for a few seconds. The 123.hp.com/setup 5661 Wizard activates the printer’s Wi-Fi automatically.
- After initializing, a list of networks available within the printer’s Wi-Fi range displays on the printer’s LED. Activate your router that is connected to a Wireless Access Point.
- Ensure that the internet connection on the WAP is active. Test the internet connection speed and signal strength by linking the router with your mobile device.
- Disable all the other wireless networks within the printer’s Wi-Fi range to avoid connection problems. A list of networks appears on the printer’s screen. Browse the list and select the desired network.
- If your network is encrypted with a password (WPA/WEP key), gather the network password from the router’s manual. Type the password on the printer’s control panel and tap OK.
- After the wireless network connection is built successfully, the 123.hp.com/setup 5661 printer displays a notification stating that the connection is successful.
- The Wireless light on the printer turns from orange to blue color. Load the printer’s input tray. Access the Setup menu on your 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer. Go through the list and select the Network Setup option.
- Tap OK when prompted. Select the Print Network Configuration Page option from the results. Select Yes on the pop-up window and the printer prints the network configuration page.
HP Envy 5661 Mobile Printing
HP ePrint is a cloud-based HP Envy 5661 Mobile Printing software/application that allows you to print from anywhere in the world, provided you have a strong and active internet connection. Protect your print information and print on the go with the ePrint application.
How to Print on HP Envy 5661
Make sure to load appropriate plain papers into the paper input tray. Choose a document to print and open it on the laptop you are using. Click the File menu and select the Print option from the drop-down tab. Choose your printer name from the list and click on it. The doc prints from the printer.
How to Print photos on HP Envy 5661
Remove the previously loaded plain papers from the paper input tray. Purchase a new pack of photo papers from a trusted seller. Take note of the tray’s paper capacity and load the tray with the photo sheets to the limit.
- Load the photo sheets with the short edge facing inside the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer.
- Check if the photo paper has a perforated tab (separate page marker-like tape), place the sheets so that the tab faces upward.
- The glossy or print side of the sheets should face downward.
- Move the paper width sliders so that they recline on the photo sheets.
Access the print window and document properties to set up a print job. Before printing the photo, edit it to improve colors, contrast, brightness, and other appearance settings.
- Right-click on the photo to be printed, select the Open with option, and then click on the Windows Photo Viewer or Paint option.
- Click the Print, File, or the menu icon (Paint icon) and then click Print.
- The Print Pictures window pops up with the general print job settings.
- Go to the printer’s Document Properties window to access more print settings.
- Click Options or Printer Properties in the Print Pictures window.
- Select the Printer Properties option and wait until the Print window opens.
- Single-click on the Preferences tab. Review and make use of the available print job settings.
- Modify the color and photo quality settings to get better results.
- After making all the changes, click OK and then Print.
Remove the unused photo papers from the tray and store them in a plastic bag to avoid paper curl issues.
How to Connect Envy 5661 to Android Phone and Print
Navigate to the Settings menu on your Android phone and select the About Phone option to view the current version of the Android OS installed.
Print Using HP Print service Plugin
- Turn on your smartphone and turn on the Wireless function in it. Associate it with your router connected to a Wireless Access Point.
- Test the internet connection status and speed of the WAP. Link your 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer to the same wireless network.
- Open the Google Play Store application on your mobile device. Type HP Print Service Plugin in the address bar and tap the Search icon.
- Tap the Install button and select Accept on the Confirmation window. Wait until the app downloads and installs on your mobile.
- After the installation completes, open the Settings menu. Go to the HP Print Service app and slide the toggle switch to On.
- If required, deactivate the other print service plugins. Load the document you want to print on your smartphone.
- Tap the Share icon and then select the Print option. A preview of the document displays on the screen.
- Scroll down to view the list of available printers. Pick your HP printer model from the list displayed.
- The smartphone initializes the printer to print over the wireless network. You can also choose DIRECT-xx-HP to print with Wireless Direct.
- Navigate to the page’s bottom to change any print settings and tap the Print icon. Check the output tray for the printed document.
How to scan with HP Envy 5661
Place the document or photo to be scanned in the ADF or the scanner glass. Touch the Scan icon on the printer’s access panel. The 123.hp.com/setup 5661 printer scans the loaded document/photo.
Other tools used to scan are HP Scan software, HP Scan and Capture app, HP Smart app, HP Printer Assistant, and Embedded Web Server.
How to Scan multiple pages on HP Envy 5661
Use the HP Scan software to scan & save multiple documents/photos into a single PDF file. To do this, download and install the Adobe Reader software on the computer you are using. Make sure to have the photos in PDF format to save them as one file.
- Use the PDF document-related shortcuts.
- Make sure to use a resolution setting of 300 dpi or lower.
- Load the pages that you want to scan into the ADF tray.
- Confirm that the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer is linked to the computer you use.
- Search HP on the computer and select your printer from the list.
- Wait for a while and the HP Printer Assistant tool opens.
- Click Scan > Scan a Document or Photo from the Home menu.
- The HP Scan software opens. Select the Save as PDF option.
- Click OK and then Save to save all the docs as a single PDF.
If you scan from the scanner glass, place the next document on the glass and click the plus button. Redo this step until all the pages are scanned and finally click Save. Select the PDF option in the Save as type menu. Alter the file name and the folder to which you want to save the scan and click Save.
How to Reset HP Envy 5661 printer
- Switch off the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer and halt for fifteen seconds. After that, detach the power cord from the printer. Shut down the computer or laptop that you are using as the host device.
- If the printer is connected over a wireless network connection, restart the ISP. Detach the router’s power cable from the power source. Internet services may be interrupted when the router is disconnected.
- Halt for a few seconds and reestablish the router’s power connection. Wait until the router’s network light starts blinking. Ensure that the router reconnects to your WAP.
- Reconnect the power cable to the printer’s power port and this time, insert the socket-end to a wall power outlet. Ensure that the printer receives constant power connection.
- Long press the printer’s Power button to turn it on, if it does not power on automatically. Touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Power on your computer and reconnect to the same wireless network to which the printer is connected. Try printing and check if the issue is resolved. Else, proceed further.
HP Envy 5661 Troubleshooting
In general, resetting the printer helps to rectify all types of functional and operational errors encountered by the printer.
Go to the Printers list page from the System Preferences menu. Right-click on the blank space and select the Reset Printing System option. Click the Reset icon on the confirmation window that pops up. Type the Administrator name and password in the upcoming dialog box. Wait for a while and the printing system resets completely. Ensure that no devices are displayed in the Printers list. Re-add the printer to the list by following a guided procedure.
The HP Envy 5661 printer’s specifications and features are inscribed on the 123-hp.chat HP Envy 5661 All-in-One Printer page. A guided procedure and a set of step-by-step instructions required set up and install the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer are provided on this page. Also, the instructions to download and install the printer software as well as the Driver Download link are furnished briefly.