Steps involved in the first time setup process of the HP Envy 6252 Photo printer are unboxing of the device and the other accessories, bridging the printer with an electrical outlet, and setting the default language & other preferences for printing. After taking the 123.hp.com/envy6252 printer out of the package, discard all the packing materials and cardboard pieces.
How to setup HP Envy Photo 6252 printer
- Begin the setup process by unpacking the 123.hp.com/envy6252 printer. Tear the covers enclosing the printer and remove the stickers on it. Open the input tray and the cartridge access door. Clear the cardboard pieces and plastic sheets inside them.
- Activate the printer by connecting the printer to a wall electrical outlet and long pressing on the Power button. Set the default language for operating on the printer and sort the other preferences such as Country, Time & Date.
- Open the ink cartridge access panel and wait until the carriage turns idle. Remove the black cartridge from the package and detach the plastic tape from it. Insert it into the black ink slot. Redo the same for the tricolor ink cartridge.
- Take a stack of A4 sheets. Pull the input tray and extend the paper guides outward. Place the stack between the guides and move them inwards. Likewise, load a stack of photo papers into the 123.hp.com/setup 6252 printer’s paper tray.
HP Envy 6252
Driver & Manual Download
You can make use of the download links below to download the HP Envy 6252 full feature driver package and HP Envy 6252 printer manual respectively. By selecting the Read More link below, the browser redirects you to another link where you can find information about the driver download for Mac & Windows OS and the driver installation procedure.
HP Envy 6252 WiFi setup
While installing the HP Envy 6252 driver, select the Wireless Setup mode and complete the installation process. Disconnect the USB cable or Ethernet cable from the 123.hp.com/envy6252 printer, in case you have connected it previously.
HP Envy 6252 ePrint setup
HP ePrint is a secure application that allows you to print from anywhere, provided you have the printer’s email address and an active internet connection.
Connect the printer to the web and get the email address. Turn the 123.hp.com/setup 6252 printer on and load a blank sheet into the input tray. Tap the HP ePrint icon on the access panel. Touch the Setup icon and follow the on-screen prompts to activate the Web Services. Once the Web Services are enabled, tap Print or Print Info. The printer’s email appears on the screen and an information page with the address prints from the printer. Connect the laptop to the internet and compose a new email with your email account. In the To field, type the printer’s email address. Type a subject in the subject line (optional). Click Attach and link the document to be printed. Click Send and the doc transfers to the printer. You can print it immediately or schedule it later.
HP Envy 6252 Airprint setup
AirPrint by Apple is an inbuilt wireless printing service for Apple smartphones and laptops. Print from various iOS apps that have a print feature.
On the Apple device, ensure that the Wi-Fi feature is on and there is a check-mark next to the name of your local network. If you are linked to a different network, tap the desired network to join it. Tap the Wireless icon on the printer and connect the printer to the same Wi-Fi network. Check the network connection status by accessing the Network Settings or Setup menu. Ensure that the paper tray is full and open the file you want to print. Tap the Share icon on the top. Touch Print from the drop-down menu to access the 123.hp.com/envy6252 Printer Options menu. Tap the Select Printer option and choose your printer. Make changes such as black & white, the number of copies, double-sided printing, and page range if necessary and tap the Print icon.
HP Envy 6252 Ink Cartridge installation
The HP Envy 6252 Photo printer is accompanied by a set of black and tricolor ink cartridges. The tricolor cartridge contains Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow inks.
- Power up the Envy 6252 printer & wait until the carriage moves to the right.
- Open the ink cartridge access door once you raise the scanner lid.
- Open the lids of the ink slots and remove the cardboard pieces.
- Take the cartridges from the package and detach the plastic tapes.
- Put the black ink cartridge into the black ink slot on the left.
- Place the tricolor ink cartridge into the tricolor slot on the right.
- Ensure that cartridges are inserted firmly and lower the lids.
- Close the access hatch and wait for the printer to self-align the cartridges.
How to Replace Ink cartridge on HP Envy 6252
Since HP Envy 6252 is a photo printer, you need to replace the ink cartridges frequently. Get a new set of genuine ink cartridges from a trusted HP center.
- After opening the cartridge access door, push the cartridges downwards and remove them from the slots.
- Take the new cartridges and place them in the designated slots. Send the old cartridges for recycling.
How to print on HP Envy Photo 6252
HP Envy 6252 is a color photo printer. It is best suited for professional photographers and people who wish to create memories through photos.
- With the printer turned on, pull the paper tray and remove any blank papers.
- Push the paper tray inside and pull the photo tray towards you.
- Move the guides and place a stack of photo papers on the tray.
- Ensure that the sheets are loaded with the print side facing down.
- Move the paper guides inward and push the tray inside the printer.
- On the laptop you are using, open the photo that needs to be printed.
- Expand the View tab on top and select Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.
- Use the aforementioned tools to customize your photo for better results.
- After doing so, click Print and select your 123.hp.com/envy6252 printer name from the list.
HP Envy photo 6252 How to Scan
Perform scanning on the Envy 6252 printer using the Scan icon on the access panel. Use the Embedded Web Server software to scan a document with Webscan.
- Load a document on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder.
- Get the SSID/IP of the network to which the printer is connected.
- Using the IP address on a browser on your laptop, access the EWS.
- A message You cannot use this function because it is disabled appears.
- Click Settings under the top menu and then click the Security option.
- Select the Administrator Settings menu and wait for a few seconds.
- Under the Administrator Settings, browse and click on the box next to Webscan or Webscan from EWS. Click Apply and then OK.
- Return to the Scan menu and click Start Scan. Save the scan after it is done.
How to color copy on HP Envy Photo 6252
Copy documents, photos, and ID cards from the Envy 6252 printer and learn about the available copy settings on the printer’s control panel.
- Keep the document or photo you want to copy on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo option on the 123.hp.com/envy6252 printer’s access panel and then change the basic settings as required.
- Touch the Settings or the Setup icon to view advanced copy settings.
- Tap the Start icon or return to the main Copy screen by touching Back.
- After that touch Start Color or OK to initiate the copy job.
HP Envy 6252 Troubleshooting
Communication problems, print quality issues, paper jam error, and offline error are the most common problems occurring on the HP Envy 6252 printer. Follow the steps below and troubleshoot the problem on your own. In case you could not fix an error, try factory resetting the 123.hp.com/envy6252 printer after taking note of the print settings.