The Envy 7640 printer setup process begins with unboxing, taking the components out of the box, establishing a power connection, inserting cartridges, and connecting it to a computer. A set of simple steps to perform the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer setup are given in the next topic.
How to Setup HP Envy 7640 Printer
- Tear the tape stuck on top of the package and open the flaps.
- Now remove the setup CD, user guide, first time setup booklet, and other cables from the package.
- Pull the cover to take the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer out and remove the Styrofoam packing from its sides.
- Also, remove the tapes that cover the printer.
- Open the scanner lid gently and remove the Styrofoam packing on top of the platen.
- Link the socket end of the power cord to a nearby power outlet.
- Connect the other end to the rear of the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer.
- Gently push the power button.
- The printer powers on and prompts you to choose the Language and Country/Region.
- The device will prompt you to install the ink cartridges.
- Peel the packing that covers the cartridge and open the access door.
- Wait for the carriage to come to a halt and install the cartridges.
- Ascertain to load them into the correct slot.
HP Envy 7640
Driver & Manual Download
Get the latest version of the HP Envy 7640 printer driver from this site. Choose the driver which suits the operating system installed on your computer. Also, get the manual of the printer downloaded on your computer from this site.
HP Envy 7640 Wireless setup
Gather the network name and password (Credentials) of your router. You need to share the same router during the wireless setup. Ascertain to connect your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer and computer to the same network. Performing the wireless setup lets you perform printing quickly.
HP Envy 5660 ePrint setup
- Select the ePrint icon on the printer’s control panel.
- The ePrint information page gets printed, refer to the page to sign up for an ePrint account.
- Look for the printer’s email address in the Web Services Settings menu.
- Go to your computer and open an email client.
- Send the email with the document to be printed attached to it.
- Key in the printer’s email address in the To: field and click Send.
- The document attached gets printed.
HP Envy 7640 Apple Airprint setup
- Ascertain to commence the AirPrint setup on the envy 7640 printer by performing the steps below.
- Your Apple device must be installed with the latest version of AirPrint.
- Your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer and system need to be linked to the same wireless network.
- Now open the application and choose the file or image to be printed.
- Select the Plus and Minus signs to choose the number of copies.
- Choose Print, and the image gets printed.
How to Replace Ink Cartridge on HP Envy 7640
- The printer gets turned on before replacing the cartridge.
- Open the access door of the Envy 7640 printer.
- Wait until the carriage comes to a halt.
- Press the old cartridge to unlock it.
- Now remove it from the slot.
- The new ink cartridge needs to be taken out of the package.
- Peel off the tape that covers the cartridge contacts.
- Place it such that its contacts face the bottom.
- Make sure the color of the cartridge matches the color of the slot.
- Push the cartridge until a click sound is heard.
- This confirms the installation.
- Now print an alignment page to confirm whether the cartridges are fully functional.
How to print Photos on HP Envy 7640
- Remove the memory card from your camera.
- Place the device into the SD card slot of the printer.
- Select a photo you want to print and select Continue.
- Select Edit -> Print Settings.
- You can now make changes to the features such as Red Eye Removal or Photo fix.
- Select Continue to preview the document.
- Ascertain that photo paper is loaded into the input tray.
- Now choose Print, and the printer starts printing.
- You can also print photos using the HP Envy 7640 printer software on your computer.
How to Print Envelopes on HP Envy 7640
- You need to load envelopes into the input tray of your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer.
- The front of the envelope needs to be loaded such that it faces down.
- The flap needs to face the left of the computer.
- Choose Wordpad on your computer and select the Menu icon.
- Select the Size -> Landscape or Preview -> OK under the Page Setup Window.
- The envelope now gets printed.
How to scan on HP Envy 7640
- Lift the lid on top of the printer; this lets you access the scanner glass.
- Place the original on the right front corner of the platen.
- Ascertain that the printed side faces down.
- You can load the original by placing it inside the Automatic Document Feeder tray of the printer.
- Place it such that the printed side faces up.
- The HP Smart application on your computer needs to be opened, now select a suitable option.
- Select Scan and choose Scanner.
- Tap Settings and modify basic settings.
- Choose a proper source from the Source Drop-down list.
- Select the Preview icon and make adjustments to the image if required.
- Select the Scan icon and make other adjustments.
- Choose the rotate icons to rotate the file and select Edit.
- Save the image on your computer or select Add to scan more documents.
Scanning Double-Sided Documents on HP Envy 7640
- Perform printing on both sides of the page by choosing two-sided printing on the printer’s control panel.
- Load the page to be scanned into the Automatic Document Feeder of the printer.
- Select the Scan button and push the Menu button.
- Choose Scan Settings -> 2 Sided Scanning.
- The printer now starts printing properly.
How to copy on HP Envy 7640
- Use the Envy 7640 printer to create copies of documents and photos.
- Place the original on the platen.
- Choose Copy on the printer’s home screen.
- Select the number of copies and go with the prompts to make changes to the number of copies.
- Tap Settings and specify the paper type, size, and other settings.
- Choose the toggle button next to 2-Sided and select On.
- Return to the Copy menu by tapping Back.
- Choose Start Black or Start Color to begin the Copy job.
How to fax on HP Envy 7640
- Place the document to be faxed such that its printed side faces down.
- You can also load it into the Automatic Document Feeder.
- While doing so, make sure the printed side faces up.
- Select Fax on the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer’s display panel.
- Choose Send Now and key in the fax number using the keypad.
- Select Black or Color and the printer feeds the document on the scanner platen.
- Change the resolution and contrast or the quality of fax.
- Select Send and the document gets transmitted.
How to Reset HP Envy 7640 printer
- Resetting the HP Envy 7640 printer lets you overcome many issues with your printer.
- Ascertain that the printer is switched on before you begin.
- Now detach the power cable from the wall outlet and the rear of the printer.
- The printer turns off, wait for half a minute and connect the power cord back to the printer.
- The printer powers on automatically.
- If not, press the power button to turn it on.
- The printer reset is now complete.
HP Envy 7640 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting process of the Envy 7640 printer lets you overcome many issues. Go with the instructions on the user manual to get a solution. The steps to resolve problems such as not printing in black, printer offline, scanning issues, printer issues, printing problems, black cartridge failure message, can’t print borderless, and not recognizing photo paper.
This page contains a set of instructions to perform the first time printer setup, ink cartridge installation, wireless setup, printing, scanning, faxing and copying. You can also get assistance to use AirPrint and ePrint. Get solutions to resolve certain common issues with your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer. For further assistance, contact our techies.