123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 Printer Setup
HP Envy 7120 is an inkjet printer having mobile printing capability supporting services like Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, Mopria Print service, and wireless direct printing. The basic setup involves unboxing the 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer, installing the ink cartridges and loading paper, enabling the power supply and fixing other accessories.
how to set up or install HP Envy photo 7120 printer
- Place the 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer on a flat surface and remove all the tapes attached to it.
- Remove the packaging material from the scanner glass, input trays, and cartridge access area.
- Unpack the power cord supplied along with the printer.
- Insert the cord’s one end into the printer’s rear port and the other end into the wall outlet.
- Find the Power button on the left of the control panel and press it. The printer will power up.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and becomes silent.
- Lift-open the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage moves to the center and stops.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridges and insert them into the empty slots.
- Push the cartridges up until it snaps into place.
- Close the access door. Now draw the input tray out and place enough paper in it.
- Adjust the paper width guides and then push the tray back into the printer.
- Wait until the printer prints a calibration page.
- The hardware setup for the printer is complete now.
- The next step is the installation of the printer driver.
HP Envy 7120 driver and Manual download
A 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer driver is essential for controlling all the printer functions from your computer. The driver should be secure, updated and compatible with your OS. You can download the updated version of the driver using the link provided below.
The manual or user guide is usually delivered along with the printer. You can download the PDF form the manual for the ease of use. Read More…
HP Envy 7120 Wi-Fi setup
The Envy 7120 printer has Wireless Setup Wizard or the Wi-Fi Protected Setup feature using which you can connect it to Wi-Fi.
HP Envy photo 7120 USB connection
Get a USB cable of length less than 3 meters for the connection. Do not connect the printer and computer before installing the driver.
- Power up the Envy 7120 printer and keep it in the ready state.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable connected to the printer.
- Insert the installation CD into the computer’s hard drive, and run the setup files. At times, the driver on the CD may be outdated.
- To get the updated version of the driver for your printer model, click the Download link given on the page. When the installer opens, respond to the prompts appropriately.
- Select the USB connection type when prompted.
- When you get a prompt to connect the printer to your computer, plug one end of the USB cable into the printer’s rear port & the other end into the computer.
- The computer will detect the 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer & establish a connection with it.
- Print a test page to verify the connection.
- Contact our technical experts for any assistance.
HP Envy 7120 ePrint setup
HP ePrint is a cloud-based service through which you can email the print jobs to the printer over an active Internet connection. If you want to use the HP ePrint service, it is essential to know the printer’s email address.
- Tap the ePrint icon on the printer’s control panel and then select Setup.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to enable Web Services. Touch the Print Info option.
- You can find the printer’s email address on the Information page. Open your email account and type the printer’s email address in the ‘To:’ field.
- Type a subject and attach the document you want to print.
- Click Send. The printer will receive the print job and print it. Carry out the steps below to print an email.
- Sign into your email account and open the email that you want to print. Select Forward.
- Enter the email address of the 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer in the To field.
- Click Send. If you want to print a webpage, select the entire content of the page by pressing the Ctrl and A keys together.
- Paste the selected document on a new blank document.
- Attach the document to your mail and send it to the printer’s email address.
HP Envy 7120 Apple AirPrint setup
AirPrint, like ePrint, is a mobile printing service supported only on iOS devices of version 4.2 and later.
- Turn the 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer on.
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup to connect it to a wireless network.
- Choose a document from your iOS device and open it. Tap the Share icon.
- Select Print and then choose the Envy 7120 printer from the list of devices.
- Change the print settings if required, choose the number of print copies you need, and select Print again. The printer will start printing your document.
- To print via Wi-Fi Direct/Wireless direct feature using AirPrint, enable Wi-Fi Direct on your printer.
- Tap Settings on your iOS device and then select Wi-Fi.
- Select the printer’s name beginning with DIRECT under the Choose a Network menu.
- Enter the password as 12345678 if prompted. The printer and your device will connect.
- Print a document by referring to the steps 3-5.
HP Envy 7120 ink cartridge installation
The Envy 7120 printer supports two ink cartridges: black and tri-color cartridges. Refer to the steps given below to install the cartridges.
How to replace the ink cartridge on HP Envy 7120
- Power up the 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer and wait till its warm-up period finishes.
- Raise the access door and wait until the carriage halts.
- Locate the cartridge to be replaced and remove it from the slot.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges.
- Remove the colored tapes without touching the contacts/nozzle of the cartridges.
- Slide the ink cartridges into the appropriate slots — the color cartridge into the left slot and the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Push the cartridge up until snaps into place.
- Wait until the printer aligns the replaced cartridge.
- Print a test page for verifying whether the cartridges are correctly installed.
how to change ink on HP Envy 7120
- Lift-open the cartridge access door.
- Wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Identify the empty cartridge that is to be refilled and slightly press it down to release it from the slot.
- Remove the cartridge from the slot and then place it on a paper towel.
- Pierce the refill holes on the cartridge using a needle.
- Get a syringe and a refill ink bottle. Open the refill ink bottle and fill the syringe with ink.
- Inject the ink into the cartridge via the holes.
- Re-insert the refilled cartridge into its slot. Close the access door and wait until the printer aligns the cartridges. Try to print.
How to load paper in HP Envy 7120
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer.
- Pull the input tray out from the printer and make sure there are no packaging material or tapes in the trays.
- Remove the output tray from the printer, and push the photo tray into the printer.
- Slide out the paper width guides on the input tray.
- Place enough paper in the tray.
- Adjust the guides such that they rest on the edge of the paper.
- Place the output tray on the input tray.
- Push the input tray into the printer.
how to print photos on HP Envy photo 7120
Use only recommended HP photo papers for high-quality prints. The steps for printing photos using the HP Envy 7120 printer is given below.
- Turn on your Envy 7120 printer and draw its input tray out.
- Load the photo paper into the photo tray.
- Open the photo that you want to print and then click the File menu.
- Click Print and then select the Envy 7120 printer name.
- Select the Properties option and click Printer Properties.
- Click the Printing Shortcuts tab and set your preferences.
- Close the Properties dialog box.
- Select Print. The 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer will print the document.
How to scan multiple pages on HP Envy 7120
You can use the HP Scan software to scan multiple pages into a single PDF file.
The software gets installed along with the full feature driver. Read more…
HP Envy 7120 troubleshooting
Some of the most common printer issues and the instructions for resolving them have been given in the following sections. Read more..
Scan & Copy issues Envy 7120
The printer’s control panel may display Scanner failure, Unable to scan, copy or fax, or Scanner System Failure error while attempting to scan, copy or fax. Carry out the steps given below to fix the issue.
Photo Envy 7120 Feed issues
The printer may not take up the paper from the input tray while printing or copying if the loaded paper is dusty, curled, or bent. The printer may also display the Out Of Paper error may display even when there is enough paper in the tray.
HP Envy 7120 offline
The error usually occurs when the printer fails to communicate with the 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer. The issue may occur due to improper connection or network instability.
HP Envy 7120 Not printing black
The issue may be due to improper cartridge installation, print settings or incompatible paper.
The HP Envy 7120 is an efficient All-in-One printer supporting advanced features. The page includes the descriptions and instructions about the printer hardware setup, USB and wireless connection and troubleshooting common 123.hp.com/envyphoto7120 printer issues have been provided. The guidelines for using advanced features such as ePrint, AirPrint, etc. have also been covered in the page. For any assistance, you can contact our technical experts.