how to fix hp envy 5055 printer problems
Some of the common printer issues, their causes, and guidelines for resolving the same are discussed in the following sections.
HP Envy 5055 printing blank pages
- Power up the printer and check the estimated ink level in the cartridges.
- Replace the cartridges that are running low on ink. Prefer genuine ink cartridges for the replacement to avoid quality issues. Try to print.
- If the issue remains unresolved, try cleaning the ink cartridge cleaning manually or using the control panel.
- If the issue remains unresolved, perform a print head cleaning from your operating system
- Carry out a deep print head cleaning, if the printer continues to print blank pages.
- Open the Print Preferences window on your computer and make sure the print settings suit the print job.
- Make sure the print media loaded into the input tray is supported by the printer.
- Try to print a test page. If the issue persists, reset the printer.
HP Envy 5055 paper jam
- Power off the Envy 5055 printer and plug out the power cable.
- Reconnect the cable after some time.
- Select Printer Status Report under the Tools menu on the printer’s control panel.
- Wait for the printer to print a test report.
- Follow the steps below if the printer does not print a test page.
- Clear any jammed paper from all the trays and cartridge access area.
- Clear torn paper bits or objects hindering the movement of the carriage.
- Open the Clean outdoor and clear any jammed paper inside the printer.
HP Envy 5055 offline
- Install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows computer.
- Launch the software, click Start and select HP Envy 5055 printer’s name.
- Examine the diagnosed report of the printer and follow the instructions of the software to fix the issue.
- Power cycle the printer if the problem persists.
- Restart the computer and try to print. Continue with the steps that follow to resolve the issue.
- Click Start and select Devices and Printers on your computer.
- Make sure the Envy 5055 printer is set as the default printing source.
- Try removing and re-adding the printer if the problem persists.
HP Envy 5055 ink cartridge problem
- Switch on the HP Envy 5055 printer.
- Raise the cartridge access door using the handles provided on either side.
- Wait until the carriage comes to a halt.
- Remove the cartridges from the slot.
- Inspect the cartridges and remove any protective tapes attached to it.
- Check for damages or punctures on the copper-colored contacts of the cartridges. Make sure the electrical contacts in the cartridge access area of the printer are not damaged.
- Re-insert the ink cartridges into correct slots.
- You can try resetting the printer if the issue persists.
How to reset HP Envy 5055 printer
Resetting the printer will restore the default factory settings on the control panel. Printer reset can
HP Envy 5055 factory reset
- Power up the Envy 5055 printer and wait until it makes no noise.
- Tap Setup on the control panel.
- Select Tools and then tap Restore Factory Defaults option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the reset.
- If you want to factory reset the network settings, tap the Wireless icon on the control panel.
- Select the Settings icon and then tap Restore Network Settings.
- Do according to the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Print a network configuration page and check if the settings have been reset.