how to scan HP officejet 5255
Scanning with Officejet printers is quite simple. The procedure for how to scan using the HP Officejet 5255 printer is given below.
- You can scan with the Officejet 5255 printer using HP Smart, HP Printer Software, control panel or Webscan.
- Lift the scanner lid to open it and gain access to the scanner platen.
- Make sure to place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass such that its printed side faces down.
- Or you can also use the ADF tray to load paper.
- While loading using the ADF, you need to ascertain that the printed side faces up.
- Open HP Smart on your computer and select Scan.
- Choose Scanner and modify the basic settings by tapping the Settings icon.
- Select the Preview icon to make adjustments if required.
- Click the file type that you want and then choose the Save icon to save the file to your computer.
HP Officejet 5255 Scan to computer
- Load the original such that the printed side faces up in the document feeder.
- Load the original such that its printed side faces down on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Preview icon to make any changes to the image if required.
- Select Add to include more documents or photos.
- Tap Edit to rotate the image, crop it, adjust its contrast, brightness and saturation accordingly.
- Tap the Save icon save it to your computer.
- You can also share it by tapping the Share icon.
HP OfficeJet 5255 scan to email
- Keep the document or photograph to be scanned into the ADF such that the printed side faces up.
- Open the HP Printer software on your computer.
- Most importantly, make sure to note down the printer’s email address for your reference.
- Click Scan under Print, Scan & Fax.
- Choose Scan a document or photo and the media that you loaded gets scanned.
- Enter the email in the To: field.
- Go to Scan Shortcuts and choose either Email as PDF or Email as JPEG.
- Now tap Scan.