How to scan on HP Envy 4520 Printer
The HP Envy 4520 printer can scan at 1200×1200 ppi. The documents can be scanned using the scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder.
how to scan multiple pages on HP Envy 4520
- Raise the scanner lid and place your original document on the Automatic document feeder or the scanner glass.
- Check if you have connected the printer properly to your computer.
- Click Start on your Windows OS and then search for HP. Select the printer’s name to open the HP Printer Assistant.
- Click Scan and then select the Scan a Document or Photo option to open the HP Scan window.
- Select Save as PDF.
- Click Save if you have used the Automatic Document Feeder.
- If you have scanned using the scanner glass, mount the next page to be scanned on the glass and then click ‘+’. Click Save scanning all the pages.
- Click the Save as Type menu and choose the PDF option. Name the file in which you want to save the scan and finally, click Save.
HP Envy 4520 scanner not connecting
- Power reset the printer and try to scan.
- Make sure the power cord and USB cable are appropriately connected to their respective ports on the printer and computer.
- If the issue remains unresolved, install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your Windows OS.
- Open the software, select the printer’s name and click Fix Scanning.
- If the problem remains unresolved, lift the scanner lid and remove any document on the glass to check the scanner bar functionality.
- Tap Copy on the control panel.
- Service the printer if the scanner light does not move.
- If the scanner light blinks, but you are still unable to scan, try reinstalling the printer driver.
How to print photos on HP Envy 4520
- Make sure the printer and computer are properly connected.
- Pull the input tray out and place a stack of paper in the input tray.
- Check if the HP Envy 4520 printer is set as the default printing source.
- Open the document you want to print using a suitable application and click File.
- Select Print and then click Preferences.
- Choose an appropriate orientation, margin, brightness, size, etc. As per your print job.
- Select Preview to view the document and make final changes if required.
- Click Print and wait until the printer prints the document.