HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting
Over time, it is normal for your printer to start having problems. Most commonly occurring problems in your 123.hp.com/dj2130 printer are paper jams, ink cartridge errors, color or black ink cartridges stop printing etc. It is also important that you fix the problem as soon as it occurs because it might suspend the work, making it super inconvenient. Equally important is that you follow the right set of instructions to resolve the HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting issue. In the document below, you can find step by step solution to fix the most commonly occurring problems in your printer.
Color or Black HP 2130 Ink Not Printing
Step 1:Check the ink levels in the toner
- Check if the cartridges you’re using in your printer are authentic. Most third party cartridges will not work with the printer.
- On Windows, open the 123 HP Printer Assistant software and click the Maintain Your Printer option. Go to devices tab to check the ink levels.
- On a Mac, go to the Printers and Scanners menu and select the name of your 123.hp.com/dj2130 printer. Under Printer Queue, click Settings and then Open Printer Utility.
Step 2:Replace and align the ink cartridges
- Take out the new cartridges from the package and lower the output tray to open the cartridge access door. Push on the cartridge to release it and then remove it.
- Insert the new cartridges into their respective slots and push it in to lock it in place. To align the cartridges, Place the alignment sheet on the scanner and click Start Copy Black
Step 3:Clean the ink cartridges
- On Windows, open the HP Printer Assistant and click the Maintain Your Printer option.
- Select Clean HP Deskjet 2130 Ink cartridges under the Device Services tab. Print after the cartridges are cleaned.
- On a Mac, select Open Printer Utility under Settings in the Printers and Scanners menu. Select the Clean Printhead option.
HP Deskjet 2130 Ink Cartridge Errors
Step 1 : Check if the cartridges are compatible.
- The cartridges that work with your printer are HP 63, HP 302, HP 123, HP 803 for Black and Tri-color respectively. Check if you have installed the same cartridges.
- With the printer turned on, lower the output tray to open the cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the center. Wait till it becomes silent.
- Push the cartridge to release it and then pull it out. Check if there are any leaks or damages in the cartridge and reinsert it.
Step 2 : Clean the cartridges
- If you still have HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting problems with your printer, remove the cartridges from the slot and clean them.
- With the help of a soft damp cloth, wipe out any dirt or clogs present in the cartridge. Also, clean out the electrical contacts in the carriage. Hold the cartridge by the plastic part only.
Step 3: Reset the printer and replace the cartridge.
- Turn on the printer and unplug it. Wait for 60 seconds before you plug in the power cord into the socket.
- Turn it on if it does not turn on automatically. Try printing a document once the printer is in the ready state.
- If the printer still does not print the document, replace the ink cartridges.
123 HP Deskjet 2130 Paper Jams and Paper-feed issues
- If the resume light on your printer starts blinking in the middle of a print job, it is an indication that a paper jam might have occurred in your printer.
- Clear out the paper stuck inside the input and the output trays. Gently pull them out without tearing the paper.
- After clearing out the jam in the paper trays, look for any paper stuck in the cartridge access area and underneath the printer.
- Turn on the HP Deskjet 2130 printer and open the cartridge access door by lowering the output tray. Wait till the carriage is silent before you proceed. Unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Check for any bit of paper stuck inside that is preventing the carriage from moving freely. Close the cartridge access door and reconnect the printer to turn it on.
- Use the automated tools on your printer to clean the paper rollers and ink smears.
- If the automated tools did not help you with getting rid of the paper jam, manually clean the paper rollers using a soft cloth sprayed with water.
- Reset the printer to see if it helps. Leave the printer turned on and unplug the power cord from the socket. Wait for a minute and reconnect the power cord back into the socket.
- Try printing a document after the printer is in the ready state.