HP Deskjet 2540 scan
Scanning on the HP Deskejet 2540 printer is simple. Make sure to install the latest printer software on your computer. The document to be scanned needs to be placed on the scanner platen after lifting the scanner lid. The original needs to be placed such that its printed side faces down. This printer supports HP Deskjet 2540 scan to computer, and scan to email.
HP Deskjet 2540 scan to Computer
- The paper needs to be loaded on the scanner platen properly.
- Open the HP software on your computer.
- Click the Printer icon on the desktop to open the application.
- If the icon isn’t present on your desktop, select it from the list of installed applications.
- Once the application opens, select Scan -> Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose Scan and then select either Save as PDF or Save as JPEG.
- You can also select Show Viewer After Scan to make any adjustments to the Scanned image.
HP Deskjet 2540 Scan to Email
- Place the document on the front right corner of the platen.
- Open an email client on your computer before scanning.
- Select the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer software on your system, and click Scan.
- Now click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Select the scan type and click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose Email as PDF or Email as JPEG depending on your preference.
- The email file needs to be opened as an attachment.