HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting
HP Deskjet 2540 won’t print
- Check for page smears and perform the steps given below.
- You can resolve the Page smears HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting issue by checking the ink level of the black cartridge and replacing it if required.
- Inspect the printer for paper jams.
- Open input and output trays of the printer.
- Look for jammed paper using a flashlight and remove them if present.
- Look for jammed paper bits that are stuck in the carriage after opening the cartridge access door.
- Inspect the ink cartridge levels periodically.
- Replace the low or empty cartridge if it is low.
HP Deskjet 2540 Won’t scan
- Open the scanner lid of the Deskjet 2540 printer.
- If the paper is loaded with its printed side facing up, remove it and place it down.
- Look for scratches on the scanner glass and replace it if required.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant on your computer and start scanning.
- Check whether the printer is able to scan.
- Power cycle the printer and try to scan.
- Reset the printing environment if the above doesn’t work.
HP Deskjet 2540 printer offline
- If the Deskjet 2540 is connected wirelessly, make sure your router’s connection remains active and stable.
- Contact your internet service provider if there is an HP Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting issue with the printer.
- Make sure the router is placed close to your printer and computer.
- Check if many devices are attached to the same router.
- If so, detach them; this will minimize the Wi-Fi channel interference.
- Detach any USB or Ethernet cables when connected wirelessly.
- This may cause issues with the network.
- A Network Configuration Page needs to be printed to verify the connection.
HP Deskjet 2540 Hard Reset
- Your printer needs to remain turned on before performing you perform a reset.
- Note the settings of your printer, as they will be erased once the reset is complete. Remove the power cable from the deskjet 2652 printer’s rear.
- Wait for about a minute.
- Re-attach the cord to the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer and wait until it turns on automatically.
- If it doesn’t switch on, you need not worry; just push the power button.
- The reset process completes once the printer turns on.
HP Deskjet 2540 Firmware Update
- Open the HP Smart App on your computer.
- Make sure your printer and computer are linked to the same network.
- They can also be connected via a USB cable.
- Your printer needs to remain turned on throughout the process.
- Choose your printer name and select Printer Home Page (EWS) under Advanced.
- Click Web services or Tools.
- Choose Printer Updates and select Check Now.