HP Deskjet 2600 Troubleshooting
HP Deskjet 2600 Won’t print
- Look for paper jams.
- Get the input and output trays of the printer.
- Use a flashlight to check for jammed paper and remove them.
- Also, check for paper bits that are stuck inside the carriage after opening its access door.
- Ascertain that the ink cartridges are properly placed.
- If any cartridge is low or empty, replace it.
- You can sort out the Page smears HP Deskjet 2600 troubleshooting issue by inspecting the ink level of the black cartridge and replacing it if required.
HP Deskjet 2600 Won’t Scan
Resolve the Deskjet 2600 won’t scan issue by performing the instructions given below.
- Open the scanner lid of the printer and inspect the scanner glass.
- Look for cracks on the scanner glass.
- If there are cracks on the scanner glass, make sure to replace it.
- Check if there is a connection error on your 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer.
- Uninstall and re-install the printer driver.
- Update the printer firmware and start scanning.
HP Deskjet 2600 Orange Light Blinking
This light blinks if there is a carriage stall. Refer to the solutions below to resolve this issue.
- Restart the printer and wait for a minute.
- Print a self test report to ascertain that the hardware functions properly.
- Push the Power and Cancel buttons simultaneously.
- The test page gets printed.
- If the issue persists, check for paper jams and remove them.
- Remove and reinsert the cartridges.
- If the HP Deskjet 2600 troubleshooting issue remains unresolved, contact our techies.
HP Deskjet 2600 Factory Reset
The factory reset process of the deskjet 2600 printer can be performed by going with the steps given below.
- Ascertain that the printer is turned on before you begin the reset process.
- Note the settings of your printer as they will be restored once the process is complete.
- Now detach the power cable from the Deskjet 2600 printer’s rear and wait for a minute.
- Re-attach the cord to the printer and wait until it turns on automatically.
- If it doesn’t turn on, just push the power button.
- The printer will turns on, and the reset process will be complete.
HP Deskjet 2600 Driver is Unavailable
If the deskjet 2600 driver is unavailable, perform the steps given below to download and install the driver.
- If the HP Deskjet 2600 driver installation CD is not present in the printer package, latest one from this site.
- Select either the Driver for Windows or Driver for Mac button.
- The driver gets downloaded accordingly.
- Select the installer file and commence the printer driver installation on your computer.
HP Deskjet 2600 Firmware Update
Perform the firmware update on your 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer by carrying forward the instructions given below.
- Connect your printer and computer together.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and then select Let’s identify your product to get started page.
- Select Printer, enter the printer’s model number, and choose Submit.
- Change the version of windows and select Firmware -> Download.
- Install the HP Printer Update by following the prompts and then select OK.
- If linked via a USB cable, update the printer firmware via the control panel.