HP DeskJet 2640 Troubleshooting Tips – Complete Guide
Is your HP DeskJet 2640 printer stopped working all of a sudden? Or is it not connecting to your Wi-Fi network? Every problem has a solution, and when you look at the trouble from a different perspective, you can find the best solutions. In this article, let’s dive deep into a list of techniques to get back your HP printer online. Try them out one by one and ensure they work for you.
Steps To Power Reset Of HP Printer
If you want to power reset the HP DeskJet 2640 printer, continue reading these instructions.
- With your printer turned on, remove the power cord from its rear port.
- Disconnect the power cord’s next end from the electrical outlet.
- Leave your printer disconnected for a minute.
- Reconnect the power cord to the appropriate ports and wait until the printer turns on automatically.
- This is how you should power reset the HP DeskJet 2640 printer.
- Suppose you want to restore the printer’s network settings to default. In that case, you need to press the Wireless and Cancel buttons simultaneously.
- This will take all the network settings to default values.
HP Printer Won’t Print
If your HP DeskJet 2640 printer is not printing, the problem might be with the ink cartridges, loaded sheets, or the connection between your printer and computer. However, these techniques can help you with the trouble efficiently.
- The moment your printer stops printing the documents, you should check the control panel in the first place. See if it shows any error codes. If so, rectify the problem with the appropriate solutions. And, if there is a paper jam inside the printer, your printer will not print anything. In that instance, removing the jammed paper should be the only solution to your trouble.
- Check the estimated ink level on the ink cartridges; if they are empty/low, you need to replace them immediately. To do this, open the printer software and click Estimated Levels. If you find empty or critically low ink cartridges, replace them with genuine HP cartridges.
- In many cases, setting your printer as the default machine can help you fix a printer that is not printing. Navigate to the Devices and Printers section on your Windows computer. Right-click the printer icon and select Set as default printer. Now, try printing your documents.
HP Printer Status Offline Issue
- If your printer doesn’t appear online, check if it is properly connected to the computer. If you have connected your printer and computer via a Wi-Fi network, ensure they are over the same network. If you connect them to different networks, you cannot locate your printer when accessing it from the computer.
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool from HP’s official website and install it on your computer. Open and run the diagnostic tool. It will look for ongoing issues and fix them automatically.
- If you have enabled Use Printer Offline, your printer may not appear online. In that case, disabling the option can solve the trouble. To do this, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click the printer icon and select See what’s printing. Click the Printer menu and ensure Use Printer Offline is disabled.
- Restarting the print spooler service can also rectify the printer offline issue. To do this, open the Run box on your Windows computer (Windows + R). Type services.msc and click OK. Right-click the Print Spooler service in the Services window and select the Stop option. After a few seconds, right-click the same option; but this time, choose Start.
- Now, ensure your HP printer appears online.
HP DeskJet 2640 Won’t Connect To Wi-Fi
- If your HP DeskJet 2640 printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi, the problem might be with your network connection, router, or the printer itself. However, trying some hacks can help you get rid of the trouble efficiently.
- Start the troubleshooting process by restarting the printer and router. If that doesn’t work, check if you can connect a different device to your network. If you can do this perfectly, the problem might be with your printer. If not, it signifies that the real issue exists with your network connection or router.
- If you have updated your router’s password, you should update the same on your printer, failing which your printer cannot connect to the network. To fix the trouble, head to the network settings section on your printer and update the new password.
- Sometimes electronic devices placed between your printer and router can interrupt the network connection. In that instance, relocating those devices can solve the trouble.
- In case you still cannot connect your HP DeskJet 2640 printer to your Wi-Fi network, connect with our technical experts via the Call button on this page. They will assist you in real-time and help you solve the trouble efficiently.
HP Printer Driver Is Unavailable
If you experience the error Driver Unavailable while accessing the printer software, it is time to troubleshoot the issue. Follow these guidelines in the given order and rectify the error code in minutes.
- To begin with, you need to remove your printer from the computer. If you have connected your printer and computer via USB, remove the cable in the first place. Then, head to the Devices and Printers section. It will show you the list of all the printers connected to your computer. Right-click the HP Deskjet 2640 printer and select Remove device.
- Now, it is time to uninstall all the printer drivers from your computer. To do this, go to the Device Manager section. Expand the Print queues section. Here, right-click your printer and choose Uninstall device.
- Restart your printer, router, and computer. Then, reconnect your printer and the computer. Once you do this, your computer will start installing all the required drivers. Once done, head to the Devices and Printers section, right-click the Printer icon, and choose Set as default printer.
In order to keep up with the printer’s latest updates, the firmware update is important. This ensures that you can continue to print as many documents as you need without any problems. The process of updating the firmware of a printer is not very difficult. These guidelines can give you a clear insight into the procedure.
- To update the printer’s firmware, you need to find the correct software on the manufacturer’s website and download it onto your computer. To do this, head to the HP DeskJet 2640 product support page. Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab. It will detect your Operating System and show you the compatible drivers. Pick the updated firmware and click Download.
- Once downloaded, open up the software and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- This is how you should update the HP DeskJet 2640 firmware.
Note: For more troubleshooting solutions, click here.
We hope these techniques have helped you troubleshoot your HP DeskJet 2640 printer issues. Call our technical experts for real-time assistance if you still find it challenging to fix the ongoing issues. They will get in touch with you and help you get the job done in minutes.