HP DeskJet 2640 wireless setup
- Before commencing the Wi-Fi setup process, ensure that the latest version of the DeskJet 2640 driver is installed on your laptop.
- After turning on the printer, press the Wi-Fi button on the access panel. Turn on the Internet Service Provider and ensure that it has an active internet connection.
- Ensure that the auto-connect mode is enabled on the printer.
- Halt for a minute and check if the printer links to the ISP automatically.
- The network light on the printer’s access panel blinks steadily as a result of a successful connection.
- Initiate a print job and start printing wirelessly.
Before installing the network drivers, ensure that you have a working network router and an Ethernet cable. Refer to the Driver Installation topic to install the DeskJet 2640 printer drivers.
A network router with two or more Ethernet ports.
- Your computer connected to the router via an Ethernet cable.
- An Ethernet cable (not a telephone cable).
Plug one side of the Ethernet cable to an Ethernet port on your printer and the other side to an Ethernet slot on your router, switch, or hub. After doing so, initiate a print or scan job and the output produced.
How to find HP DeskJet 2640 WPS Pin Setup
The Internet Service Provider that you subscribe provides a network password.
- Search for this password on your wireless router.
- The password is labeled Wireless Key or WPA2 password, or WEP key.
- Ensure that the printer and the Windows computer are connected already.
- Right-click the wireless network tray icon on the taskbar.
- Open the Network and Sharing Center option.
- Click the Change Adapter Settings option.
- Double-click your HP Deskjet 2640 wireless setup network name and click Status.
- Expand the Wireless Properties menu and click the Security menu.
- Select the Show characters check-box and the wireless network security key appears on-screen.
How to connect to HP DeskJet 2640
- HP Deskjet 2640 wireless setup functions – built-in Wi-Fi feature, HP Smart app, HP Wi-Fi Direct.
- Wired connection (Ethernet networking).
- USB connection.
How to connect my HP DeskJet 2640 to my Computer
Proceed with the following instructions to join the HP DeskJet 2640 printer to a computer or laptop through a USB cord.
- Do not plug the USB cable into the printer before installing the driver.
- Ensure that the latest version of the printer driver is installed on the computer.
- Insert the rectangle-end to a USB slot on the computer.
- Plug the opposite (square) end to a USB slot on the 123.hp.com/dj2640 printer.