HP Deskjet 3420 Troubleshooting
HP Deskjet 3420 won’t print
The HP Deskjet 3420 Troubleshooting issue might be due to ink cartridge problem, outdated firmware, or hardware malfunction.
- Ensure that you load enough papers into the paper tray.
- Do not load inappropriate papers or overload the tray.
- Avoid using non-HP ink cartridges and use only genuine cartridges.
- Make sure to get the latest version of the driver for the printer.
- Check whether the printer firmware is up to date.
- Replace the ink cartridges and clean the printheads regularly.
- Ensure that the print settings are apt for your current print job.
- Service the printer in an authorized service center.
HP Deskjet 3420 not printing black
The printer displays an error code along with a message stating “depleted cartridges must be replaced to resume printing.”
- Replace the black ink cartridge if it runs low on ink.
- Do not use non-HP ink cartridge for your printer.
- Always use genuine HP ink cartridge that is compatible with the 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer.
- Ensure that the ink cartridge is inserted into the designated ink slot.
- Review the print settings under the current printer driver.
- Make sure to clean the ink nozzles regularly.
HP Deskjet 3420 won’t connect to wifi
- Shut down the printer and wait until the printer turns inactive.
- Detach the printer’s electrical cord from the power outlet.
- Disable the network or USB connection built on the printer.
- Power off and power on the router or modem (the one you use).
- Activate the printer and touch the Wi-Fi icon on its key panel.
- Wait for a minute and the printer connects to your network.
- Initiate a doc to be printed and check if the HP Deskjet 3420 Troubleshooting issue is fixed.
HP Deskjet 3420 printer offline
Printer offline error is due to improper/irregular communication between the printer and the network source.
- Get the HP Print and Scan doctor utility tool to fix the offline error.
- Reset the printer and the router to resolve the problem.
- Make the printer as the default one for printing/scanning jobs.
- Connect the printer a proper wireless or wired network.
- Make sure to update the printer driver to the latest version.
- Get the latest version of the firmware installed for the printer.