HP Deskjet 3420 Wireless Setup
Use the HP Wireless Direct software to connect the 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer to a computer without using a network source.
- Press the Wireless Direct button on the printer’s access panel.
- Wake the screen on your mobile and open the Settings menu.
- Go to the Wi-Fi menu and turn on the Wireless function.
- Turn off the router you are using to prevent the printer from connecting to it.
- Select HP-Print-xx-[HP DeskJet 3420] from the list.
- Type the security passcode on the printer’s control panel.
- Open the photo to be printed and tap the Share icon.
- Choose your printer model from the list displayed and tap Print.
Mac devices cannot connect to a WPS-enabled network. If that is the case, make use of the Apple AirPort feature to connect the 123.hp.com/dj3420 printer.
HP Deskjet 3420 Wireless Setup Mac
Make use of the printer’s Wi-Fi function to link the printer to a Mac device using a router as a medium of network source.
- Make sure to install the printer’s network drivers before continuing further.
- Detach the square-end of the USB cable from the printer if connected already.
- Turn on your router that is connected to a network source.
- Check the internet connection status and signal strength.
- Turn on the Wireless feature on the HP DeskJet 3420 printer.
- Wait for a minute and the printer displays a list of available networks.
- Select the desired network with which you want to associate the printer.
- Enable the Wireless option on your computer or laptop.
- Make sure to merge it with the same network to which the printer is connected.
- Choose a document or photo to be printed and start printing wirelessly.
How to Find HP Deskjet 3420 WPS Pin
- The WPS pin for the wireless connection is inscribed on a sticker at the rear of the router.
- Take note of the password and use it while setting up a wireless connection.
- When you purchase the router, an email is sent as along with an invoice copy that comprises the password.
- Tap & hold the Wi-Fi button until the Wireless light flashes.
- Turn on the router and change the security mode from None/WEP to WPS.
- Open a browser on the computer and navigate to the router configuration menu. Expand the ‘Wireless Settings’ tab under the Home menu.
- Click the ‘Basic Security Settings’ option on the left side of the screen.
- Slide the toggle button under the ‘Turn Wireless On’ menu.
- The WPS indication light changes from orange to blue color.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click ‘Apply.’
- The WPS is activated. Start wireless printing securely.
How to Connect HP DeskJet 3420 to Computer
- Ensure that the latest version of the printer driver is installed on your laptop.
- Do not plug the USB cable into the printer before installing the driver.
- Link the printer to an electrical source and then turn it on.
- Power on your laptop and make sure to keep both the devices close.
- Insert the USB cord into the printer’s USB port.
- Plug the opposite side to a USB port on the laptop.
- The laptop displays a message stating Installing Device Drivers.
- Wait until the device driver installation process is complete.
- Click OK on the window that pops up on the upcoming screen.