HP Deskjet 3540 Troubleshooting
Why is HP Deskjet 3540 Offline
- Make sure your router’s connection remains active and stable if linked via a wireless network.
- If not, get in touch with your internet service provider.
- The router needs to be placed close to your printer and computer.
- You need to check whether many devices are linked to the same router.
- If so, detach them.
- This will minimize Wi-Fi channel interference.
- Detach any USB or Ethernet cables when connected wirelessly as this can cause network interference.
- A Network Configuration Page gets printed; this confirms the connection.
Why won’t my HP Deskjet 3540 print properly
- Check for paper jams.
- Open the input and output trays of the 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer.
- Look for jammed paper and take them out if present.
- You also need to look for paper bits that are stuck in the cartridge access door.
- You can resolve the Page smears HP Deskjet 3540 troubleshooting issue by checking the ink level of the black cartridge and replacing it if required.
How to Clear Carriage Jam on HP Deskjet 3540
- Power cycle the printer and check if the error persists.
- Clear the jammed paper carefully.
- Make sure the printer is directly plugged into the wall outlet.
- If the above doesn’t work, perform a hard reset.
Why is my HP Deskjet Ink 3540 not Printing Black Ink
- Remove the black cartridge and re-seat it.
- Make sure to use genuine printer cartridges.
- Check the paper for ink smears and select the Clean Page Smears option from the Settings menu of the Deskjet 3540.
- Never load folded paper into the printer.
- Remove the cartridges from the slots, take the printer carriage out, and clean the printheads.
- Once done, re-install the cartridges and close the access door.
HP Deskjet 3540 not print black but print black [ ] symbols
- Perform the automatic servicing on the printer to overcome this error.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your system and check if the error resolves.
HP Deskjet 3540 Won’t Print Docs with words, but will print pdf documents or images
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer.
- Run the Diagnostics on the tool and start printing.
- If the above doesn’t work, reset the printer.