HP Deskjet 3620 Troubleshooting
HP Deskjet 3620 won’t print
The error Printer won’t print might occur due to the reasons as follows.
- Depleted or using non-HP ink cartridges.
- Using inappropriate papers.
- Outdated printer driver or firmware.
- Connection problems – USB mismatch.
- Other hardware related HP Deskjet 3620 troubleshooting issues.
- Check the estimated ink levels on both the ink cartridges. If any one of the two cartridges is low of ink, replace both the cartridges. Send the depleted ink cartridge for the recycling process. Make use of the other cartridge in emergencies. Check whether both the cartridges are correctly inserted. If both the cartridges are full and the HP Deskjet 3620 troubleshooting issue persists, clean the ink nozzles with a dry cloth.
- Make use of the manual accompanied by the printer to know about the HP DeskJet 3620 supported paper types. Check whether you are using the supported paper types. As a recommendation, remove the previously loaded papers from the tray and then reload the tray with standard papers. Ensure that the print settings are suitable for the current print job from the printer.
- The manufacturer releases driver updates regularly. Printers with control panel will notify the user about the updatable driver or firmware. In case of the DeskJet 3620 printer, the user has to check for updates on the Configuration menu. Connect the printer and the computer via a USB source and access the printer’s Configuration window. Check for updates and proceed with the same.
- Ensure that the USB you are using supports data transfer. You can perform this by connecting the cable between a computer and a media device. Make sure to use a cable that measures less than 9 feet and 10 inches (3 meters). Remember to select the USB Setup mode as the type of connection to be established. Check whether the USB cord is loose from the slots on the printer and computer.
HP Deskjet 3620 reset
- Resetting the printing environment deletes all the printers entries from the printer queue and removes all the current print jobs and print settings from the system. Resetting the printing environment is done to resolve the printing problems like print jobs stuck in the queue, incomplete print driver installation, communication HP Deskjet 3620 troubleshooting issues between the printer and the Mac/Windows device.
- Resetting the Printing System (Mac) – Resetting the printing environment helps to fix a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error. On the Apple device you are using, click the Apple menu and select the System Preferences menu. Click Printers & Scanners, Print & Scan, or Print & Fax. Right-click or Control + click anywhere inside the Printers window and click on Reset printing system option. Select Reset or OK and if prompted, type the username and password, and then select OK. Wait for a while and the printing system resets. Turn the printer off and wait for five seconds. Switch the printer on and wait until the printer turns idle and silent. Access the Printers window on the Mac device and click the Add icon. Choose your printer name or model number from the list and then click Add again. After a few seconds, the printer appears in the Printers list.
HP Deskjet 3620 Printer Offline
The printer stops printing at a particular stage and does not turn on henceforth. Too many entries on the computer or communication problem may be the cause of the Printer Offline error. Make the printer as the default one for printing and check if the error is fixed, else, service the printer by an authorized technician.
HP Deskjet 3620 Firmware Update
Outdated firmware might cause malfunctioning in the printer. Check the manufacturer site frequently to get notifications about the firmware updates for the HP DeskJet 3620 printer.
Access the manufacturer’s website through a browser on the computer you are using. Type your printer model number or name in the Let’s identify your product to get started bar and click Search. Choose the version of the operating system currently installed on your system. Select the Firmware tab and then click the Download option. If the Firmware section does not appear, then there is no update for your printer. Halt until the file saves to a local folder on your computer. Wait for a while and the HP Pinter Update window opens. Ensure that the displayed serial number match with the one on your 123.hp.com/dj3620 printer. Click the check-box next to the serial number and then select Update.