- 123.hp.com »
- Hp Deskjet 4155e Smart App Setup
HP DESKJET 4155E SMART APP SETUP
HP DeskJet 4155e is a multifunctional color inkjet printer. It is easy to set up your printer and print from your computer and other devices. Since it is a multifunctional printer, you can also scan and copy using it. Before setting up your printer using the HP Smart app, make sure to complete its hardware setup. Let’s follow the below instructions correctly to complete the printer setup using the HP Smart app.
UNBOXING AND SETUP
CONTENTS INSIDE THE BOX
- HP DeskJet 4155e printer
- HP 67 Setup Black Cartridge
- HP 67 Setup Tri-Color Cartridge
- Regulatory Flyer
- Setup Guide
- Reference Guide
- Power Cord
Make sure that all the above contents are available inside the printer box.
UNPACKING THE PRINTER
- Open the box and remove the setup guide and power cord from it.
- Take out the ink cartridges and all of the remaining contents.
- Now, gently pull the printer out of the box.
- Discard the foam packing material from both sides of the printer.
- Remove the plastic cover around the HP DeskJet 4155e printer.
- Also, remove all the blue protective tapes from the HP printer.
- Open the output tray and take out the protective tapes.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and discard the packing materials and protective tapes inside the printer.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
CONNECTING THE POWER CORD
- Connect one of the ends of the power cord to the rear of the printer and plug the opposite end into an electrical socket.
- Hit the Power button to turn on your HP DeskJet 4155e printer.
INSTALLING THE HP SMART APP
The HP Smart app will be compatible only with Windows 10 & 11 and all the Mac versions. So, before installing the HP Smart app on your computer, make sure that your device supports the app. By following the instructions below, you can install the HP Smart app on your computer.
- If you are using Mac OS, launch the App Store on your computer.
- Now, search for the HP Smart app using the search bar at the top-right side of the window.
- Download the HP Smart app on your Mac computer.
- After downloading the HP Smart app, launch the application on your Mac computer and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the HP DeskJet 4155e printer setup.
- Suppose you are using a Windows computer, open the Microsoft Store application on your device.
- Navigate to the HP Smart app using the search bar at the top-right side of the screen.
- Click the Install button to install the HP Smart app on your Windows computer.
- Now, wait for some time to finish installing the HP Smart app.
SET UP YOUR PRINTER USING THE HP SMART APP
You can follow the below instructions to complete your printer setup using the HP Smart app on your computer.
- After completing the HP Smart app installation, click the Launch button.
- Now, the app’s main screen will appear.
- Click the Continue button in the HP Smart Welcome window.
- On the next screen, click Yes or No to proceed.
- Make sure to connect your HP DeskJet 4155e printer to your computer using a USB cable or over the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next, select the plus symbol ( + ) below the Add a printer option at the center of the window.
- The app will detect your printer that is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Click on the Set Up a New Printer option in case your HP printer is not listed on the screen. And then, choose your HP DeskJet 4155e printer.
- In the Printer Setup window, click the Continue button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to start the connection setup.
- When you are prompted to confirm your proximity to the printer, go to its control panel and press the Information button.
- Now, the HP Smart app will find your printer and prepare it for the connection. Now, wait patiently for some time to complete the connection setup.
- Once connected, you can go ahead and click the Continue button.
- Finish executing the rest of the on-screen prompts to complete the printer setup.
- When you’re prompted, install the ink cartridges and load the paper into your HP DeskJet 4155e printer.
- Open the output tray and the ink cartridge access door of the printer.
- Wait until the carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Now, remove one of the ink cartridges from the package.
- Take out the protective tapes from the cartridge.
- You can now go ahead and insert the ink cartridge into its slot.
- Ensure that the cartridge is installed correctly in its place.
- Follow these instructions for the installation of the other cartridges.
- Close the cartridge door of the printer.
LOADING THE PAPER
- Lift the HP DeskJet 4155e printer’s input tray and slide the paper width guide to the outermost position.
- Now, insert the sheets into the tray and adjust the paper width guide such that it touches the edges of the stack.
- Make sure to open the printer’s output tray.
- Finally, complete the alignment process on your printer.
PRINT USING THE HP SMART APP
- First, make sure to turn on your printer.
- Next, connect it to your computer.
- Now, launch the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Select the Print Document option from the HP Smart app’s main screen.
- In the next window, you need to pick the document (the one you wish to print) and then click on the Print button. Now, you’ll see the preview of your file.
- Confirm that your HP DeskJet 4155e printer is chosen under the Printer section.
- If necessary, change the orientation, paper size, paper type, copies, and duplex printing settings in the left menu panel of the window.
- After you’ve completed all the settings, click the Print button.
- Now, the document you have picked will start getting printed by your printer.
You can complete your HP DeskJet 4155e printer setup using the HP Smart app on your computer by following the above instructions.