HP DeskJet GT 5820 Printer Functions & How To Perform
The DeskJet GT 5820 from HP is a versatile all-in-one printer that is designed for large printing needs. It comes with high-capacity ink tanks, a flatbed scanner, a control panel display with 7-segment icons, wireless printing, and more. This printer is a great choice for professionals who are looking for a printer for all their print, scan, and copy needs. We will look at the functions of the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer, beginning with how to scan and ending with how to perform duplex printing in the section below.
Before we kick-start, check if your printer is ready to use. If not, you can do it now. By doing so, you can perform the print, scan, or copy operation easily on your printer. Click here to learn how to connect the HP DeskJet 5820 printer to Wi-Fi and set it up for printing, scanning, and copying.
How To Scan Documents
The flatbed scanner of this printer enables you to scan and save a document and an image to your computer and email effortlessly and quickly. Many scan-enabled printers come with a physical scan button on their control panel. But if you look at this DeskJet GT printer from HP, you cannot find any buttons related to scanning. So, before you start scanning, you must ensure that your DeskJet printer is turned on and connected to the Windows or Mac computer and that the most compatible and latest scanner driver or app is installed on the computer because you can only perform scanning using the app or software. If you’re using Windows, ensure that the HP printer software is installed. Similarly, install the HP Easy Scan software if you’re using a Mac. You can also use the Webscan feature and the HP Smart app for scanning. Here, in this section, we will see how to scan on HP DeskJet GT 5820 using the HP Smart app.
- Place the original with its print side facing down on the scanner glass.
- Open the HP Smart app on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Before clicking the Scan tab, check if your printer is selected correctly. If not, click on the forward icon beside the Estimated Supply Levels option to choose your printer.
- Have you selected your printer correctly? Yes? Click Scan on the app’s main screen.
- Now, the scan window will open.
- You will see a preview of the document you have placed on the scanner glass on the scanner screen. Do you want to scan an original with your Windows or Mac computer’s default camera using the HP Smart app? Yes? Then, click on Camera and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Do you want to scan the soft copy of the original saved on your computer? Yes? Then, click Import and follow the on-screen prompts displayed on the screen.
- After selecting or placing the original, change the default scan settings if necessary, and click Scan.
- When you press the Scan button, the printer will scan the placed or selected original and save a copy to the destination you specify.
How To Copy Documents
Are you searching for the right guide on how to copy documents with the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer? If so, your search ends here. With this DeskJet printer, you can create multiple copies of an original effortlessly and within a few seconds. For that, you must load the printer’s input tray with the recommended paper type and place the original you want to copy on the printer’s scanner glass. Once you’ve done these two, you can start the copy job on your printer.
- Have you placed the original you want to copy properly on the scanner glass? Yes? Ensure that the original is clean and its edges are not bent.
- Now, press the “Start Copy Black” button if you want to create a copy in black and white.
- Press the “Start Copy Color” button to create the copy in color.
- Do you want to increase the number of copies? Yes? Then, press either the “Start Copy Black” or “Start Copy Color” button multiple times until the number of copies reaches your needs.
- The printer will start copying after the last button is pressed.
Creating copies of the document with the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer is that simple.
How To Print On An HP DeskJet GT 5820
Can you scan and copy a document on the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer effortlessly by referring to the instructions above? Yes? Then, you can print a document on the HP DeskJet GT 5820 too. The step-by-step instructions below will walk you through it.
- No one likes encountering a problem when working with the printer. So, before you start printing, ensure that the printer is ready to use.
- You can confirm that the printer is ready to use by ensuring the following:
- The printer is turned on.
- The printer is paired with your computer.
- The most compatible and latest printer driver is installed on your computer.
- The printer’s input tray has enough paper, and the output tray is opened.
- Is your printer ready for printing? Yes?
- Open the document you want to print.
- Select File > Print or Print on the software screen. This will open the Print dialog box.
- Ensure that your HP DeskJet GT printer is selected. Change the default print settings if necessary, and then click Print.
Double Side Print On Your Printer
The absence of an ADF, or document feeder, on the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer will not affect your duplex printing experiences. You can still print double sides of the document manually with this printer. We are going to see everything about it in this section. Are you ready? Let’s start!
- Open the document to be printed on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Open the Print dialog box.
- Ensure that your HP DeskJet printer is selected correctly in the Print dialog box.
- If you’re using a Windows 10 computer, click the down arrow beside “Print One Sided” and click on “Manually Print on Both Sides.”
- Similarly, if you are using a Mac, select Odd only from the Pages to Print menu and configure the other print settings to your liking. If you cannot find any settings, then click Show Details on the Print dialog box and configure the print settings.
- Have you finished configuring the print settings? Yes? Then, click Print.
- Wait for the printer to print the first side of the document. Once it is done, get the printout from the output tray.
- Remove all the remaining papers from the input tray. After doing that, place the printed page with its printable side facing the front, with the top edge up for tablet layout or the top edge down for booklet layout, into the input tray again.
- Are you doing well? Yes? Now, go to the Print dialog box and click Print (for Windows).
- Click Show Details and choose the Even Only option from the Pages to Print drop-down menu if you’re using Mac. After doing that, click Print again.
- Repeat the same procedure to print all the pages of the document.
We learned about the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer’s functions in this article. We hope that you find this article useful! Save this article to your bookmarks or share it with your friends or anyone else who is looking for the right way to scan, print, and copy a document with the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer. We have a team of well-trained technical experts who can assist you with anything and everything that is related to printers. Feel free to contact them if you want any printer-related support. They are always happy and ready to assist you.