HP Envy 4520 wireless setup
HP Envy 4520 is an All-In-One printer supporting both wired and wireless connections. It can be connected to a wireless network by various methods including HP Envy 4520 wireless setup Wizard, HP Auto Wireless Connect and WPS.
How to connect HP Envy 4520 wireless printer
- 1. Note down your network SSID and WEP/WPA passphrase.
- 2. Disconnect the printer from the computer if you have connected them already.
- 3. Check if your computer is connected to the network to which you want to connect the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer.
- 4. Power up the Envy 4520 printer and wait until it is idle. Remove any USB or Ethernet cable from it.
- 5. Touch Wireless on the control panel. The printer will display the wireless screen.
- 6. Open the Settings menu and then select HP Envy 4520 wireless setup Wizard. The printer will begin its search for networks.
- 7. Select your network SSID from the list of available networks displayed on the screen and then tap OK.
- 8. Complete the setup by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- 9. Provide the WPA/WEP key if prompted.
- 10. Now install the printer driver using the installation disc or download the driver. Select the wireless connection type when prompted and keep following the prompts displayed on the installer screen to complete the 123.hp.com/setup 4520.
ow to connect HP Envy 4520 to wifi
- Plug out any Ethernet or USB from the printer.
- Keep the wireless network’s name and password ready.
- Switch on the router and make sure the network is stable.
- Power up your Envy 4520 printer and wait until it makes no noise,
- Locate and tap the Wireless icon on the control panel and select the Wireless Settings option.
- Touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup and select the Push button or PIN method. Tap OK.
- Locate and press the WPS button on the router within 2 minutes, if you have chosen the Push button option. The printer will recognise the network and connect to it.
- If you have chosen the PIN method, note the PIN displayed on the printer’s control panel and enter it on your router within 4 minutes.
How to connect HP Envy 4520 to a laptop
- Connect the Envy 4520 printer to your wireless network using Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Click Start on your Windows Laptop and open the Control panel.
- Open the Devices and Printers folder and then select Add Printer.
- Select the Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth Printer option.
- Choose the network printer from the list of printers displayed on the screen.
- Keep following the prompts until the driver installs automatically. If your laptop runs on Mac, click the Apple menu and click System Preferences.
- Select the Print and Scan option and then click the ‘Add’ button. Locate and click on the printer’s name.
- Select the Download and Install option to get the printer driver and software. Try to print.
Where is the WPS pin on My HP Envy 4520 Printer
- Check the label attached to the router and note the PIN if it is provided there. You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor application to get your PIN.
- Open the application and click Network.
- Select the Show Advanced info option and click Wireless Settings.
- Go to the Network Key section and look for the Network Key or password next to your network name.
- The network password can also be viewed directly on the Windows operating system. Click Start and open the Network and Sharing Center window.
- Select the Change Adapter Settings option and right-click your wireless network name.
- Select the Status option and then click Wireless Properties.
- Open the Security menu and then turn on the Show Characters checkbox to view your network security key.