HP Envy 5052 wireless setup
Using the Envy 5052 printer over a wireless network is more comfortable as you don’t have to deal with all the chaotic wires and plug-ins. The features such as the HP Envy 5052 Wireless Setup Wizard, Auto Wireless Connect, and WPS can be used to connect the printer to a wireless network.
How to Connect HP Envy 5052 to wireless Setup
- 1. Note your network’s SSID and WEP/WPA password.
- 2. Your printer and computer should be connected over the same wireless network. So, connect the computer to the wireless network.
- 3. Power up the Envy 5052 printer and tap the Wireless icon the control panel.
- 4. Touch the Gear (Settings) icon on the control panel.
- 5. Tap the Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer will begin searching for available networks.
- 6. Select your network name and tap OK to confirm.
- 7. If the printer does not display your network name, tap the Enter New Network Name option to add the network’s name manually.
- 8. If you are prompted to enter the security code, type the WEP or WPA password.
- 9. Tap Done. Once you see the network summary screen return to the home screen by touching OK.
- 10. Complete the setup by installing the printer driver. Select the wireless connection type when prompted.
HP Envy 5052 Wi-Fi direct
Wi-Fi Direct is a feature using which you can connect the printer directly to any Wi-Fi-enabled device without the need to set them on the same wireless network.
How to Connect HP envy 5052 to Wifi
To connect the printer and computer, click the Start menu on your Windows and then select the Settings icon.
- Click the Devices option and select the Printer and Scanners option.
- If your computer runs on the Windows 8.1 OS, open the Devices folder directly from the Charms menu.
- Click the Add a Printer or Scanner option and then select Show Wi-Fi Direct Printers.
- Locate the printer the DIRECT mentioned in the name.
- Check if the printer is in the Ready State.
- Return to the computer and click Add Device.
- If you see the Enter the WPS PIN For Your Printer message, note down the PIN displayed on the control panel and enter it on the computer screen.
- Click Next to complete the setup.
- Use a suitable application to open the document you want to print and then click File. Select the 123.hp.com/envy5052 printer from the list of available printers and then click Print.
How to connect HP Envy 5052 to the computer
- The printer can be connected to your computer via a wireless network, USB cable or Ethernet. The USB connection setup requires less effort compared to other setups.
- Before proceeding with the connection, make sure the hardware setup for the printer is proper.
- Draw the input tray and load a stack of compatible paper into it. The printer and computer should not be connected before installing the driver.
- Insert the installation CD into the computer’s hard drive.
- If the driver on the CD is incompatible with your operating system, click the Download link provided below to get the driver.
- Double-click the .exe (Windows) or .dmg (Mac) file to run it.
- Accept the terms of the installer.
- When prompted to select the connection type, choose the USB connection type.
- Connect the HP Envy 5052 printer to the computer using a USB cable.
- The computer will recognize the printer and connect to it. Try to print a test page to verify the connections.