hp envy 5055 printer driver
An installation CD will be supplied along with the printer for installing the driver. In case the driver is outdated or incompatible, you can download it. The link for downloading the Windows/Mac driver is provided separately in the page. Click on the link and download the driver in a few simple steps,
Flipping through the pages while searching for details on the small handy manual booklet supplied along with the printer may be a difficult task. A PDF file of the driver helps you land exactly on the particular detail you are searching for. The download link for the user manual has also been provided on the page.
HP Envy 5055 driver for Mac
- Power up your Envy 5055 printer and computer. If your computer runs on macOS or OS X 10.6 (and later), proceed with the steps below.
- Click the Apple menu on your Mac device and then open the System Preferences window.
- Select Print and Fax, Print and Scan or Print and Scanners option, whichever displays on your device.
- Go to the Printer’s section and remove and re-add the printer if it is listed.
- Click the ‘+’ icon and select the Add Printer or Scanner option if the printer is not listed.
- Open the Use or Print Using menu and select the printer’s name.
- Add the printer to list by clicking the Add button.
- Exit the System Preferences window.
- Try to print or scan to check if the driver has been installed successfully.
- If you are Mac OS X 10.6 user, connect the printer to the computer and then follow the above steps to install the driver.
HP Envy 5055 driver for Windows
- Open the Change device installation settings control panel window.
- Click the ‘Yes do this automatically’ option and save the changes.
- Plug the USB cable into appropriate ports on your printer and the computer in order to connect them.
- When the ‘Found new hardware’ window opens, confirm the printer and keep following the prompts until the driver installation is complete.
- You can install the printer driver using the installation disc supplied along with the printer.
- Insert the disc into the hard drive of your computer and run the setup files to get the driver.
- If the driver on the CD is not updated, click the Download link given below to get the printer driver.
- Open the Download folder on your computer.
- Locate the .exe file comprising the printer driver.
- Proceed with the driver installation.
HP Envy 5055 driver installation
- Find the .exe file in your Downloads folder and double-click it.
- Accept the terms of the installer and then click Next.
- You will now see a window stating ‘Installing 1 of 1: HP OfficeJet 5055 printer Basic Device Software.’
- Select the Network or USB connections for setting up the printer.
- If you have opted for the Wireless Connection type, the system will display a list of available networks.
- Select your network and then click Next.
- Click Yes on Turn On Device Sharing window.
- Wait until the printer configuration completes.
- Tap OK on the printer’s control panel and then select Continue to proceed with the Setup process.
- Click Finish to end the setup. Try to print a test page to ensure the successful installation of the printer driver.
HP Envy 5055 firmware
The printer firmware needs to be kept updated as it plays a crucial role in receiving information from the computer and forming a printed image.
- Power up the Envy 5055 printer and tap the ePrint icon on the control panel.
- Select Settings and then touch the Product Update option.
- Agree to the terms of service. Turn on Web Services and set up automatic updates by following the prompts appearing on the screen.
- Select the Check for Updates option to initiate the process if the printer does not begin the update,
- To update the printer firmware from the manufacturer’s website, select your printer model from the manufacturer’s site.
- Choose the right operating system and version.
- Click Firmware and then select Download.
- Install the file.