HP Envy 5055 wireless setup
HP Envy 5055 printer can be connected to a wireless network using Wireless Setup Wizard, Auto Wireless Connect or WPS PIN/Push button method.
How to connect HP Envy 5055 to wireless
- 1. Disconnect the printer from the computer if you have already established a connection between them.
- 2. Ensure that the computer is connected to the same network to which you want to connect the Envy 5055 printer.
- 3. Turn on the Envy 5055 printer and wait until it is idle.
- 4. Tap Wireless on the control panel.
- 5. Open the Settings menu and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer will now search for the available local networks.
- 6. Tap on your network name and then confirm it by tapping OK.
- 7. Keep following the prompts of the wizard until the setup is complete.
- 8. Enter the WPA/WEP passphrase if prompted.
- 9. Now install the printer driver on your computer.
- 10. Select the Wireless connection type when prompted, and carry out the instructions displayed on the installer screen to complete the setup.
HP Envy 5055 Wi-Fi direct
Click Start menu on your Windows 10 OS and click Settings. Click Devices and select Printers and Scanners.
- If you have Windows 8.1, open the Charms menu and click Devices.
- Scroll to the Add a printer or scanner option and then choose the Show Wi-Fi Direct printers.
- Select the printer with the name ‘DIRECT’ mentioned.
- Make sure the printer is in the ready state.
- Click the Add device option on your computer and enter the WPS PIN for your printer if prompted. The PIN will be displayed on the printer’s control panel.
- Open the document/photo that you want to print using a suitable application.
- Click File and then select Print.
- Select the Envy 5055 printer from the list of printers and click Print again.
- Wait until the printer prints the document/photo.
How to connect the HP Envy 5055 printer to Wi-Fi
- Gather your network name and password.
- Turn on the printer, router, and computer.
- Remove any cable connecting the printer to your computer.
- Make sure you have installed the printer driver and ensure the connection type is set to wireless.
- Select Wireless on the control panel and then tap the Wireless Settings icon.
- Touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup and then select Push Button.
- Carry out the WPS Push button method or PIN method.
- If you have chosen the Push Button method, press the WPS button on your router within 2 minutes. The printer will automatically detect the network and configure the connection.
- If you have opted the PIN method, tap Start on the control panel. The printer will display a PIN.
- Type the PIN on the router. The printer will connect to the network.
How to connect HP Envy 5055 to the computer
- Make sure the hardware setup for the printer is complete.
- Connect the printer to an electrical wall outlet using the power cord.
- Power up the Envy 5055 printer and wait until it is idle.
- Choose your language and region, and set other preferences on the control panel.
- Make sure the input tray contains enough paper.
- Insert the installation CD into the computer’s hard drive. If the driver on the CD is outdated, proceed with the steps below.
- Click the Driver Download link provided below.
- Run the .exe or .dmg file. Agree to the terms and conditions of the installer and select the purpose of installation if prompted.
- Select the ‘USB’ connection type when prompted.
- Connect the computer and the HP Envy 5055 printer using a USB cable. The computer will now detect the printer and connect to it.