HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting
HP Envy 5540 not printing
HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting Problems in the ink cartridges and changes in the print settings under the printer driver leads to not printing issue.
- Make sure to update the current printer driver to the latest version.
- Ensure that you use appropriate papers for the print job.
- Confirm that the ink cartridges are full and properly inserted.
- Check for ink smears on the back of the recently printed docs.
- Reset the print environment and connect to a proper wireless network.
HP Envy 5540 Offline
Weak connection between the printer and the wireless router results in the printer offline error. The printer stops disconnects from the network.
- Get the HP Print and Scan doctor utility tool to fix the offline error.
- Reset the printer and the router to resolve the problem.
- Make the printer as the default one for printing/scanning jobs.
- Connect the printer a proper wireless or wired network.
- Make sure to update the printer driver to the latest version.
- Get the latest version of the firmware installed for the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer.
HP Envy 5540 Printing Blank Pages
Usage of non-HP papers for printing, depleted ink cartridges, & paper jam error may lead to Printing Blank Pages HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting problem.
- Refer to the manual to learn about the supported paper types.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are full and inserted properly.
- Do not use non-HP/refilled ink cartridges as it leads to hardware failure.
- If paper jam error occurs, remove and reload the paper stack.
- Make sure to clean the printheads on a regular interval.
HP Envy 5540 Paper Jam
Using inappropriate papers, curled papers/wrinkled papers, torn pieces of papers stuck inside the printer arises due to paper jam error.
- Close all the print jobs and power off the printer.
- Detach all the removable parts from the printer.
- Check inside the printer and remove torn paper bits.
- Reload the paper tray with a proper paper stack.
- Reset the cartridge assembly and clean the roller.