HP Envy 5661 Troubleshooting
HP Envy 5661 not printing
- Reset the print environment if all the functions fail.
- Check the ink cartridges and the printhead assembly.
- Try connecting the printer to a different host device.
- Review the print settings for the current print job.
HP Envy 5661 offline
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to resolve the error.
- Make the printer as the default device for printing.
- Reset the print environment and check if the error is resolved.
- Get the latest version of the printer’s firmware from the manufacturer.
Resolve the HP 5661 Offline error in a Windows device
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility tool on your Windows laptop installed with the Windows 8/ 8.1 or 10 operating systems.
- Open the folder in which the file is saved and find the HPPSdr.exe file.
- Right-click the file and select the Run as administrator option from the drop-down tab.
- Continue with prompts on the screen and complete the software installation process.
- Open the tool and click Begin on the home screen. Locate and click your HP printer model from the list displayed on the screen.
- If your 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer name or model does not appear, click the Retry icon until it displays.
- Continue with the on-screen directions to resolve the network connection HP Envy 5661 troubleshooting problems.
- After the process completes, the software prompts you to activate the printer updates.
- Select Yes and proceed with the on-screen guidelines. Click OK on the confirmation window that prompts you to set the printer as the default one.
Resolve the HP 5661 Printer Offline error in a Mac device
Delete the extra entries except the one in idle status under the Printers list.
- Turn on your Mac computer and click the Apple icon.
- Type Print in the address box and press the Enter button.
- Select the Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners option.
- Locate the printer names or model numbers that match with your printer.
- Right-click all the extra source files and printer queues.
- Select the Minus option from the drop-down menu.
- Find the printer that is idle with a green-colored dot next to it.
- Right-click the printer and go to the Properties menu.
- Click the Make Default Printer option and then Apply.
- Print a doc and check if the HP Envy 5661 troubleshooting issue is fixed.
HP Envy 5661 Ink Cartridge Problem
- Check the ink levels of the ink cartridges.
- Replace the depleted cartridges with genuine ones.
- Ensure that the cartridges are inserted in the respective slots.
- Clean the ink nozzles on both the cartridges.
When the HP Envy 5661 printer shows ink cartridge error, then the quality of the printed document or photo fades out with streaks and lines. Proceed with the steps mentioned below to resolve the Ink Not Printing error.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
- Disconnect the printer from the computer and the network/USB connection.
- Go to the Programs and Features menu on your Windows system.
- Right-click the installed HP printer from the list displayed on-screen.
- Select the Uninstall or Yes option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Yes, if a User Account Control message displays.
- Go with the on-screen directions to complete the driver removal process.
- Restart the computer after the uninstallation process completes.
- Get the latest available version of the driver from our site.
- Start printing if the HP Envy 5661 Troubleshooting issue is resolved, else proceed further.
Use Genuine HP Ink Cartridges
Always use genuine HP ink cartridges purchased either from the manufacturer or from a trusted retailer. If you use cartridges other than the recommended ones, the quality and reliability of the documents might get affected.
Check the Back of Printouts for Ink Smears
- Use an automated tool from HP to resolve the issue.
- Load the printer’s input tray with a plain paper.
- Swipe the screen to the left on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap the Setup icon and then select the Tools option.
- Scroll up and touch the Clean Page Smears option.
- A blank page feeds from the printer slowly.
- Try to print after the blank page ejects completely.
- Check if the HP Envy 5661 Troubleshooting issue is resolved, else reset the print environment.
HP Envy 5661 printing blank pages
- Check the estimated ink level on the ink cartridges.
- Place the ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Ensure that appropriate papers are loaded in the input tray.
- Make sure to clean the paper feed rollers.
Use Appropriate Papers for your Print Job
- Make sure to load papers with the print side facing down.
- The non-print side has an HP logo on it and the print side is smooth.
- Do not use curled or wrinkled papers into the tray.
- Use only clean and wrinkle-free plain or photo papers.
- Make sure to use papers that are manufactured under ColorLok technology.
- Use HP Advanced Photo Paper for printing high-contrast graphics.
- Store the photo papers in its original packing inside a reliable plastic bag.
- Ensure that the papers are stored in a cool and dry place.
Check the Print Settings
- Verify your print settings in your printer driver to ensure that they are apt for your print job.
- Open a doc on your computer, click the File menu, and select the Print option from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Properties dialog box under the Print window.
- Set the Print settings with reference to the printer’s manual.
- After sorting, click Apply/OK and then click Print.
- Check if the doc is printed concerning the settings.
Replace the old Ink Cartridges with new ones
- Replace the ink cartridges if they are low on ink.
- Purchase a new set of compatible ink cartridges from a trusted retailer.
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer and unlock the cartridge access panel.
- Halt until the carriage shifts to the center and turns idle.
- Take the empty ink cartridges out of their slots.
- Send them to the manufacturer for the recycling process.
- Unwrap the newly purchased cartridges out of their covers.
- Pull the protective tabs from the cartridges.
- Place the ink cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Close the access hatch and the printer self-aligns the cartridges. For more HP Envy 5661 troubleshooting queries contact our expert.