HP Envy 7120 troubleshooting
How to solve Scan and Copy issues with Envy 7120 printer
The printer’s control panel may display Scanner failure, Unable to scan, copy or fax, or Scanner System Failure error while attempting to scan, copy or fax. Carry out the steps given below to fix the HP Envy 7120 troubleshooting issue.
- Turn the Envy 7120 printer on and remove the power cord without turning it off. Remove the cord from the power source as well and then wait 30 sec.
- Reconnect the cord to the power source and then to the printer.
- Check if the error has disappeared.
- If the issue persists, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Open the tool and select Fix Scanning.
- Follow the prompts on the installer.
- If the problem persists, check the functionality of the scanner bar.
- Lift-open the scanner lid and then select Copy.
- If the scanner light does not move, service your printer.
- If the light moves but the error displays, it means that the scanner is functioning. Try reinstalling the printer driver.
Fix Photo Envy 7120 Feed Issues
The printer may not take up the paper from the input tray while printing or copying if the loaded paper is dusty, curled, or bent. The printer may also display the Out Of Paper error may display even when there is enough paper in the tray. To overcome such situations, carry out the steps below.
- Take the stack of paper out from the tray and examine it. Replace the paper that is damaged/dirty/curled.
- Arrange the stack neatly and re-insert it into the tray. Try to print.
- If the printer fails to feed in the paper, pull the input tray out again. Make sure no obstructions are blocking the paper from reaching the rollers.
- Push the tray back into the printer and select Done after making sure the correct paper size, tray, and type are selected.
- Pull the paper tray and pull the tray out to reach the rollers. Use a dampened cloth and wipe the rollers. Similarly, clean the rollers in the ink cartridge access area.
- Once the rollers are dry, reinsert the tray. Clean the duplexing rollers as well.
- Reset the printer if the HP Envy 7120 troubleshooting issue persists.
- Try to print. If the problem persists, service the printer.
HP Envy 7120 offline
The error usually occurs when the printer fails to communicate with the printer. The issue may occur due to improper connection or network instability.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer.
- Open the software and click Start. Select the HP printer’s name.
- Update the firmware if prompted. If the issue persists, proceed with the steps given below.
- Power off the Envy 7120 printer and plug out the power cable.
- Restart the computer and turn the printer on.
- Try to print. Proceed with the next step if the problem remains unresolved.
- Make sure the printer is set as the default printing source on your computer.
- Reinstall the printer software if required.
HP Envy 7120 is not printing in black
The issue may be due to improper cartridge installation, print settings or incompatible paper. The solution to the problem is given in simple steps.
- If you have a Windows OS, uninstall the printer driver and install the updated one.
- Remove the cartridges from the 123.hp.com/envy7120 printer and make sure they are genuine. Check the Black ink cartridge and replace it if it is damaged.
- Check the estimated ink level on the printer’s control panel. Replace black ink cartridge if it is low on ink.
- Tap the Setup icon and select Tools. Tap Clean Cartridges and wait for the printer to print the Print Quality Diagnostic page. Try to print a document.
- If the HP Envy 7120 troubleshooting issue persists, check the print settings. Open a document to print and then select the Printer Properties option under the File menu.
- Select the Preferences option and click the Paper Quality or Features tab.
- Select the Advanced option and then click the Print in Grayscale option. Now choose the High-Quality Grayscale.
- Exit the settings window and click Print. Check if the HP Envy 7120 troubleshooting issue is resolved.