HP Envy 7640 Troubleshooting
HP Envy 7640 will not print black
- Lift the access door on your printer.
- You need to wait until the ink cartridges get to the replacement position.
- Now remove the cartridges from the printhead unit.
- Look for a latch at the side of the printhead and lift it.
- Remove the printhead assembly from the carriage.
- Now clean the assembly using distilled water.
- Also, check if the black cartridges are installed properly.
- Inspect it for any leaks.
HP Envy 7640 Printer is offline
- Check if the printer is turned on and linked to the same wireless network.
- Choose Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Printers & Scanners.
- Check if the device is present.
- If so, right click on it, select Use Printer Offline to uncheck the box.
- Check if the router is providing a stable internet connection.
- Also, disable and enable the Wi-Fi feature of your computer.
HP Envy 7640 scanning issues
- Check if the printer firmware is up to date.
- If not, update it via Settings on the printer’s control panel.
- Lift the scanner lid and check if the platen is damaged. If so, replace the glass. Ascertain that the Automatic document feeder is clear by looking for paper jams. Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Run the Diagnostics to overcome scanning issues.
- Detach the USB cable from the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer and reattach it.
- Choose Control panel on your computer and select Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall the HP Print software, and the printer software gets uninstalled. Check whether the HP Envy 7640 troubleshooting issue persists after re-installing the software.
HP Envy 7640 Printing Problems
- Make sure the printer carriage moves freely.
- Open the carriage access door and check the movement.
- Replace the carriage if this doesn’t work.
- Check the cartridge for leaks and replace it.
- Open the input and output trays, check for jammed paper bits using a flashlight, and remove them.
- Open the access door and inspect the area for paper bits stuck in the rollers and carriage. Take them out if present.
HP Envy 7640 Black cartridge failure message
- Remove the cartridge, inspect it and re-seat the cartridge.
- If the cartridge appears dirty, use dry foam rubber swabs or any soft material.
- Check if the fibers leave any residue.
- Restart the printer after pressing the power button.
- Detach the power cord from the rear of the product and perform a hard reset.
- Now check if the message disappears.
- If not, replace the black cartridge.
HP Envy 7640 cannot print borderless
- Make sure the full feature driver is installed on your computer.
- Go to Page Settings and select Edge to Letter.
- Check whether the printing preferences are set properly.
- Make sure the printer model is chosen from the drop-down menu.
- Check if the cartridges are aligned properly by printing an alignment page.
- If the above solutions don’t work, reset the printing environment.
HP Envy 7640 not recognizing 4 x 6 photo paper
- Check whether there is any jammed paper in the input tray of the device.
- Make sure the Photo Tray menu item is present.
- Check whether the printer setup process is done properly.
- Inspect the paper rollers for any error and make sure they are intact.
- If there is an HP Envy 7640 troubleshooting issue, remove the assembly and clean the rollers with a soft cloth. Reset the printer and start printing.