HP Envy 7640 WiFi setup
- Install the latest version of the HP Envy 7640 printer driver on your computer.
- Turn on the printer and ascertain that it is not linked via a USB cable.
- Now link your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer and computer to the same wireless network.
- Open the HP printer software on your computer.
- In the next page, select Printer, enter your model number and choose Submit.
- If needed to change the operating system, check whether you have installed latest Driver for Envy 7640 then choose a suitable version and select Change.
- Now open HP Easy Start and check if your printer is added.
- This confirms the connection.
How to connect HP Envy 7640 to WiFi
- The Envy 7640 Wi-Fi setup commences after the first time printer setup.
- Gather the network credentials of the router.
- Select the Wi-Fi icon on the display panel of your printer and tap the Settings icon.
- Select Wireless Settings and choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now use the keypad to enter the credentials of the router and establish the connection.
HP Envy 7640 Wireless Direct Printing
- Wireless direct printing lets you print without having to connect to a wireless router.
- Perform the instructions below to start printing using Wireless Direct.
- Turn on the HP Envy 7640 wifi setup feature on your printer using the control panel.
- Select Settings -> Wireless Setting -> Enable Wi-Fi direct.
- Once done, open the HP printer software on your computer.
- Choose Wireless when prompted by the installer to select a connection type. You can link a maximum of five computers using Wi-Fi direct.
- Search for the list of wireless networks on your computer.
- Now select the network with Direct in its name.
- The printer is now connected via Wireless direct.
- Make sure your printer and computer placed close to each other for a strong signal. You can now start printing.