HP Envy 7858 wifi setup
Utilize the Wireless Setup Wizard to set up the printer over a wireless network connection.
- Install the HP Envy 7858 printer driver on your laptop before initializing the HP Envy 7858 wifi setup process. Turn on the printer and navigate to the Control Panel menu.
- Scroll down the page and select the Wireless Settings tab. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option and wait for a few seconds. The Setup Wizard activates the printer’s HP Envy 7858 wifi setup automatically.
- After initializing, a list of networks available within the printer’s Wi-Fi range displays on the printer’s LED. Activate your router that is connected to a Wireless Access Point.
- Ensure that the internet connection on the WAP is active. Test the internet connection speed and signal strength by linking the router with your mobile device.
- Disable all the other wireless networks within the printer’s HP Envy 7858 wifi setup range to avoid connection problems. A list of networks appears on the printer’s screen. Browse the list and select the desired network.
- If your network is encrypted with a password (WPA/WEP key), gather the network password from the router’s manual. Type the password on the printer’s control panel and tap OK.
- After the wireless network connection is built successfully, the printer displays a notification stating that the connection is successful.
- The Wireless light on the printer turns from orange to blue color. Load the printer’s input tray. Access the Setup menu on your printer. Go through the list and select the Network Setup option.
- Tap OK when prompted. Select the Print Network Configuration Page option from the results. Select Yes on the pop-up window and the printer prints the network configuration page.
How to Connect HP Envy 7858 to computer
- Link the printer to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Power on the laptop and make sure both the devices are close.
- Check if a USB 3.0 cable is accompanied by the 123.hp.com/envy7858 printer.
- Insert the square-end of the USB cable into the printer’s USB port.
- Connect the other end to a USB slot on your laptop.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi feature on your laptop to disconnect from the network.
- The device displays a message stating Installing Device Drivers.
- Wait until the device drivers installation is finished.
- Click OK on the window that pops up on the forthcoming screen.
HP Envy 7858 Wireless Direct Printing
The HP Wireless Direct software allows you to connect an HP printer to a host device directly, without linking the device to a local area network or to the Internet. Once the HP Wireless Direct software activates, you can print docs and photos from the Wi-Fi-enabled printers and smartphones.
HP Envy 7858 Print from your Mobile with Wireless Direct
- Connect the HP Envy 7858 printer to a power supply and turn it on.
- Tap the Wireless Direct icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Else, go to the Control Panel settings on your printer.
- Access to the Wireless Settings or Network Setup menu.
- Scroll down and select the Wireless Direct option under the menu.
- Slide the toggle switch on top to enable the Wi-Fi Direct app.
- Select the On or On with security option to encrypt the connection.
- Note down the security passcode and then tap the OK icon.
- Wake the screen on your mobile and open the Settings menu.
- Go to the HP Envy 7858 wifi setup menu and turn on the Wireless function.
- Select HP-Print-xx-[HP Envy 7858] from the list.
- Type the security passcode on the printer’s control panel.
- Load the photo you want to print and tap the Share icon.
- Select the Print Document option from the Action menu.
- Choose your printer name from the list displayed and tap Print.