- 123.hp.com »
- Envy Inspire 7955e Setup
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E SETUP
Being an All-in-One printer, HP Envy Inspire 7955e delivers the required prints and meets the user’s needs. As this printer supports wireless connectivity, you can easily connect any wireless device to it. The HP Envy Inspire 7955e Setup process involves hardware and software installation. On this page, we have given the steps for the printer setup in detail. Continue reading them and enjoy error-free printing.
HP’s New Envy Inspire series have been designed by a group of engineers for people who want their work done in these pandemic times. It comes with useful features to keep you productive as the world is moving forward to a hybrid working environment. Like most modern printers, HP Envy Inspire 7955e comes with an in-built 2.7-inch color touchscreen that will help you access all the printer settings and shortcuts. On the front and towards the bottom, you will find a 125 sheet paper tray that is adequate for an average user. The printer is robust and can deliver up to 15 pages per minute (ppm) in color and black & white pages. With all that said, let us see the HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer setup in detail.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E UNBOXING SETUP
- Unbox the printer and take off the protective materials.
- Cross-check whether you have received all the contents inside the box.
- Box contents include: The HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer, Ink cartridges (Black, Tri-Color), setup guide, reference guide, HP advanced glossy and matte photo inbox pouch, and power cord.
- Connect one of the ends of the power cable to the printer’s rear end and the other end to the electrical supply.
- Firmly press the printer’s Power button to turn on the printer.
- Make use of the printer’s LCD screen to do further modifications.
Ink cartridges installation:
- Open the front door.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Use the color-coded letters to slide the ink cartridges (Black, Tri-Color) into the respective slots.
- Once HP Envy Inspire 7955e Setup and installed successfully, close the ink cartridge access door.
- Finally, close the front door.
Paper loading steps:
- Open the main tray.
- Push in the photo tray.
- Slide the paper width guides to the edges of the main tray.
- Insert the paper in portrait orientation with the print side facing down.
- Close the main tray.
- If needed, change or retain the paper settings from the display panel.
- Finally, pull out the output tray extension.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E DRIVER DOWNLOAD
A printer driver acts as a piece of software that converts the data to a format that the printer understands easily.
- First, power on your PC and connect it to a stable Internet connection.
- Go to the printer’s official support page.
- If the OS family and OS version are incorrect, then change them according to your PC’s latest configuration.
- Once selected, click on Change.
- From the list of drivers, choose the one that is needed as of now.
- Read the End-User License Agreement and click on Agree to the EULA and Download to proceed further.
- If you do not agree to the license agreement, you can’t proceed with the installation steps.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E DRIVER INSTALL
- Locate the downloaded driver setup file (can be found on your PC’s Downloads folder or browser’s download section).
- Open the downloaded setup file to start the driver installation.
- Select the preferred language and click OK.
- Go through the End-User License Agreement and click on the Yes button.
- Choose your connection type.
- You can select between a wired and wireless connection (depending on your choice).
- Follow the on-screen prompts and establish a connection between your HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer and the computer.
- Click Finish to close the HP Envy Inspire 7955e Setup and installation window.
- Once the driver installation process is over, restart your computer.
- Also, you can print a test page to cross-check if the printer is working fine without any issues.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E USB SETUP
- Initially, make all the required connections.
- As mentioned in the above sections, download and install the latest printer drivers on your PC.
- You can either download the printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website or install them directly via the CD-ROM.
- Turn off your HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer.
- Now, connect one of the ends of the USB cable to the USB port of your HP printer and the other end to your PC.
- Next, turn on your HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer and wait for a few seconds until it gets to an idle state.
- Once your computer detects the printer, you can proceed with the setup process.
Tip: If your computer is unable to find the printer, then use other USB ports to establish a wired connection.
- Go to your computer’s Start menu and then open the Control Panel window.
- Click on the Hardware and Sound menu and select the Devices and Printers option.
- Click on Add a Printer and choose your HP printer from the list.
- Make sure that your HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer is selected as the default one.
- So, whenever you print anything, the printed document will be received from your HP printer without the need to select the printer each time.
- Click the Finish tab to complete the overall USB setup process.
- After successful connection, it is always recommended to print a test page to know whether all the printer functions are working properly or not.
- Install the ink cartridges.
- Load some paper into the input tray to make a test print.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E WIRELESS SETUP
One of the reliable and best methods to connect the printer to a wireless network is by using the HP Smart application.
- Go to your smartphone and download the HP Smart application.
- You can either download the application from the HP support page or (Google Play Store/App Store).
- On the home screen, tap on Add Your First Printer.
- Tap on Get Started.
- Choose the Wi-Fi option to connect the printer to a wireless network.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Go through the instructions and tap on Continue.
- Allow the location data usage.
- Once you see your HP printer, tap on it.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password and tap Continue.
- Tap Allow on the printer’s touchscreen.
- Once your printer gets connected to the wireless network, you will see that the Wi-Fi LED stops blinking.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E EPRINT
HP ePrint is a free email service from HP. It allows you to print from your HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer anytime from any location. You simply have to send an email with the document as an attachment to the printer’s email address. If you have created an HP account during the printer setup, HP ePrint will be enabled automatically. If not, continue reading the steps below.
Enabling HP ePrint from your computer:
- On your computer, launch the HP Smart app and click on Printer Settings or HP Envy Inspire 7955e Setup.
- Under the Print Anywhere tab, click the Sign In button.
- Log in to your HP account or create a new one.
- Click the Enable button to turn on ePrint for your printer.
Enabling HP ePrint from your smartphone:
- Open the HP Smart app on your smartphone and choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- Ensure that your HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer and smartphone are connected over the wireless network.
- Tap the Print Anywhere tab and sign in to your HP account.
- If you don’t have an HP account, create a new one and then sign in with your login credentials.
- Tap the Enable button to turn on HP ePrint for your printer.
Printing with HP ePrint:
- Once you have enabled HP ePrint, print any document remotely from your smartphone.
- To begin with, open the document you wish to print and then tap the Share icon.
- Select the Email option and wait for the new email message window to appear.
- Type your printer’s email address in the To field.
- You can identify your printer’s email address from the Information page.
- It can be printed by pressing and holding down the Information button on the printer control panel for three seconds.
- Fill in the required details in the email that you are composing, and then tap Send.
- Now, your printer will receive the email and print the document attached to the email.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E SCAN
- Turn on your HP printer and wait till it gets to an idle state.
- Open the scanner lid, and you can see the markings next to the glass bottom.
- These markings indicate how a document needs to be oriented in the scanner.
- Place your document facing down the scanner glass.
- Once placed appropriately, close the scanner lid.
- So, the initial preparation is over.
- Initiate a wired or wireless connection between your computer and the printer.
- Once the initial setup is over, change the settings according to your choice (Profile, Color format, File type, Resolution, etc).
- As you are scanning a document, choose the File type as PDF.
- Once you have made all the necessary changes in the settings window, click the Preview option to preview the document on your computer screen.
- Previewing helps you know whether the document is scanned correctly or not.
- If the document is not scanned properly, open the scanner lid and check the document placement.
- Once you have thoroughly reviewed the document, click the Scan option.
- The document will get scanned to your computer.
- The scanned document will be saved inside File Explorer.
- Click Documents and double-click the scanned Documents folder to locate the scanned document.
- So, these are the steps involved in scanning a document on your computer.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E TROUBLESHOOTING
Though we live with modern gadgets and equipment, it doesn’t mean that these devices will work smoothly throughout the years; there can be some minor to major issues here and there, which would be annoying in your printing experience. In the below segments, we have listed some of the commonly occurring printing HP Envy Inspire 7955e Setup issues – printer offline and printer not printing.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E PRINTER OFFLINE
Uncheck the Use Printer Offline option:
- Turn on your PC and log in to the Admin account.
- Open the Run dialog box and type “Control Panel.”
- Set View by as Large icons.
- Click on Devices and Printers to view the list of printers that are on your network.
- Right-click on your HP printer and select See what’s printing.
- Click on the Printer tab.
- If you find any checkmark next to Use Printer Offline, uncheck it immediately.
- Restart your printer and see whether it comes back online.
Update the printer drivers:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the text – devmgmt.msc and press the OK button.
- Expand the Printer section.
- Locate and right-click on your HP printer for driver update.
- Select Search automatically for driver.
- Once the updates are installed successfully, restart your PC.
HP ENVY INSPIRE 7955E IS NOT PRINTING
Look at the ink cartridges:
Take out the cartridges from the printer and check whether any tapes are left unremoved. Make sure that two of the ink cartridges are fitted properly. If you feel that the ink cartridges are empty, try to change them as soon as possible.
Perform a simple reset:
- Turn off your printer.
- Remove the cables from the printer and plug them back in again.
- Firmly press and hold the printer’s Power button for about 30 seconds.
- Check whether this simple reset process can solve the not printing problem.
Make sure that your HP printer is set as the default machine:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your HP printer.
- From the drop-down menu, just choose Set as default printer.
That was all about the HP Envy Inspire 7955e Setup. We hope this article added some value to your knowledge about the printer. Call our technical team for more details related to the printer setup and other queries. They are available 24/7 to provide full assistance.